Page 15 of 147 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yes, the artist is a bad person for making an art error.

/s
    There is only one solution - We should burn the witch.

Last edited by Celgress; 02-05-2021 at 09:48 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainLiberty76 View Post
    I believe Bennett, as an amateur artist myself I know how difficult it is to do something like writing backwards. Although it seems as if someone were looking to be offended to focus on such a small mistake and make a tempest out of it. It was a mistake, the man profusely apologized, it's time to move on. All I can think of as I read many of the comments such as the one quoted above is from another individual of Jewish ancestry who said, "Let him who is without sin be the first cast a stone..."
    For what it's worth I pointed out a misspelling earlier, so it may indeed largely be a language barrier (Immortal Hulk #41 - King in Black: Immortal Hulk #1 had Electronics spelled wrong), however, the Star of David does suggest problems, but again, as a foreigner it might be perceived differently. At least he acknowledged and apologized fairly quick, unlike some in the past who have been accused of something similar.

EDIT: I just checked and it was a different artist. Same comic tributes peppered through the book.

Anyways, to get back on track..

I really like the idea of "Is he man or monster or both?" as it ties to Cosmic/Gamma being used by similar conflicting sources (Evil Cosmic beings; Good Gamma beings)

And once again, the thing that ties it all together is the Leader. Who was the only person to mix Gamma and Cosmic energy in one form? And what color resulted? Red. And why did he mix the two in the first place? To resurrect Betty. Surely, that plays into her inclusion (aside from the status quo/familiar cast argument) and gets touched upon.
    Last edited by Cth; 02-04-2021 at 05:37 PM.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

I mean, if you were trying to put anti-semetic messages in a Marvel Comic, wouldn't you want to be as subtle as possible?

Going back to what we all think is next for Ewing. How would everyone feel about Ewing and Bennet both moving onto a run of Venom? Taking over from Cates.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Going back to what we all think is next for Ewing. How would everyone feel about Ewing and Bennet both moving onto a run of Venom? Taking over from Cates.
    I sincerely doubt Ewing and Bennett are ever gonna work again after this, i am not sure if Bennett will even work for Marvel.

My guess is Marvel will just let him finish this series since it's so close to the end and then let him go, he has been in one too many controversies like this and in today's world even farting wrongly at someones direction can get you canceled, while Bennett has managed to stack up controversies of homophobia, racism, transphobia and anti-semitism....

I have no idea how one man can screw this much up and have it all be accidents or just mistakes... it seems very much implausible. I just feel sorry for Al, he wanted this to be his magnum opus and Bennetts artwork is amazing but unfortunately now it's gonna be stained by this so in 5-10-20 years from now when people mention this run they will also mention how the artist was a Nazi or something which goes against everything Al tried to create for the series. A damn shame....

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Ewing but Venom seems to benefit from more cartoony art. Maybe on a new Defenders or Daredevil.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Good news! It was apparently a mistake, and he has apologized profusely.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/joe-...semitic-error/
    EtVSh-VXcAIOnJH.jpg

I'm not sure I believe him..

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Look out. It's the "Bad Joke" police.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #297
    “Sleep, My Child…And Peace Attend Thee All Through the Night!”

Cover Date: July 1984
    Sale Date: April 10th, 1984
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Gerry Talaoc
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Carl Potts

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Kate Waynesboro, Gabe Jones.
    Villain: Nightmare
    Synopsis: A very confused and angry Savage Hulk wanders the countryside, lashing out at everything in his way. Kate rejoins SHIELD, and she and Gabe Jones trail him but are unable to subdue him. While he was able to hold his breath during a gas attack, the Hulk eventually falls asleep and dreams of losing all his accolades and accomplishments. As he awakens, an apparition of Dr. Strange coaxes the brute to seek out his help, and the Hulk vows to smash Strange if he doesn’t…with the demonic Nightmare gleefully watching.
    Commentary: While not explicitly named, the town the Hulk has destroyed appears to be Haddleyville from issue #293. The root cause of Banner’s decent back into a monster is from Nightmare’s machinations. We’ll get a full explanation next issue.

Spectacular Member

I just think the fact that he laughs at transphobic jokes and goes on far right podcasts makes it seem less likely this was an innocent mistake is all.

I don’t think laughing at a bad joke makes him transphobic. That’s not to say that he is or isn’t.

I mean...... if he was laughing at a bad joke aimed at the expense of a comic characters weight, this wouldn’t even be an issue, yet in the grand scheme of things it is no different.

A joke is a joke and he laughed at this one. Just so happens it’s a joke in bad taste.

That’s just me judging that one example though.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I sincerely doubt Ewing and Bennett are ever gonna work again after this, i am not sure if Bennett will even work for Marvel.

My guess is Marvel will just let him finish this series since it's so close to the end and then let him go, he has been in one too many controversies like this and in today's world even farting wrongly at someones direction can get you canceled, while Bennett has managed to stack up controversies of homophobia, racism, transphobia and anti-semitism....

I have no idea how one man can screw this much up and have it all be accidents or just mistakes... it seems very much implausible. I just feel sorry for Al, he wanted this to be his magnum opus and Bennetts artwork is amazing but unfortunately now it's gonna be stained by this so in 5-10-20 years from now when people mention this run they will also mention how the artist was a Nazi or something which goes against everything Al tried to create for the series. A damn shame....
    Considering the edits in the reprint, the controversy will probably be largely forgotten about, brought up only when the next arises.

Anyway, I'll love to see Ewing and Coello on Venom. I think Coello, seeing as how he has done a number of Venom issues with Cates, he can get tone down pretty well.
    However, Humberto Ramos would also be a decent choicem

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Considering the edits in the reprint, the controversy will probably be largely forgotten about, brought up only when the next arises.

Anyway, I'll love to see Ewing and Coello on Venom. I think Coello, seeing as how he has done a number of Venom issues with Cates, he can get tone down pretty well.
    However, Humberto Ramos would also be a decent choicem
    I would totally be down for Coello to remain on with the new writer.

At this point I think the cancel police are a bigger threat than some artist with some poor taste jokes.

It's going full witch hunt at this point.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    At this point I think the cancel police are a bigger threat than some artist with some poor taste jokes.

It's going full witch hunt at this point.
    Oh yea they are hammering Marvel hard right now, even poor Al is getting a ton of hate. Given how the situation is going, it's actually very likely they will announce Bennett of the book in the next few days. Which is probably for the best at this point, just replace him with a new artist and let him finish the last 10 or so issues left.