Page 79 of 147 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2204

With the exception of Titania (Although right now she's in IH as well)The She Hulk series seems to be actually more involved with the Hulk mythology than She-Hulk's own from the cast, since not only Ruffalo but Roth and Hurt are showing up.

Granted, I'm sure this can change but Marvel TV already used Hellcat pretty much with Jessica Jones and I'm not sure how they'd bring in Weezi, Wyatt Wingfoot etc.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Incredible Hulk sale on comixology.

They even have PAD Hulk Visionaries.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

I bought and loved Vol 9 recently. After Ewing ends his run, i'm probably gonna take a break from Hulk.

Back for noon feeding The Shredder's Avatar

Outside of the main Immortal Hulk title, are other books that fall under the "Immortal Hulk" list of titles like; Absolute Carnage: Immortal Hulk, Great Power, Threshing Place, Time of Monsters, Best Defense, King in Black, and Immortal She-Hulk required tie in reading? Or are they essentially independently set as self contained stories outside of Ewing's main continuity with the Immortal title?

I am interested in taking the deep dive on this title, but just wanted to at least be aware of any side books that might be viable in reading Ewing's run.

Thanks to anyone who can help with this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder View Post
    Outside of the main Immortal Hulk title, are other books that fall under the "Immortal Hulk" list of titles like; Absolute Carnage: Immortal Hulk, Great Power, Threshing Place, Time of Monsters, Best Defense, King in Black, and Immortal She-Hulk required tie in reading? Or are they essentially independently set as self contained stories outside of Ewing's main continuity with the Immortal title?

I am interested in taking the deep dive on this title, but just wanted to at least be aware of any side books that might be viable in reading Ewing's run.

Skip Great Power, read the rest and Flatline because they're solid and the ones by Ewing are great. None of them are important. The Ewing ones take place between specific issues.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Anything written by Ewing is great. The Absolute Carnage tie-in in particular is my favorite. Otherwise it varies, most are just “ok” attempts at copying Ewing’s early Immortal issues. The recent prehistoric Hulk one shot was great though.
    Last edited by Vordan; 06-16-2021 at 09:26 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

They work as additional chapters to Immortal Hulk. You could head canon when they take place.

I think the Absolute Carnage is semi-necessary. It shows Bruce/Hulk's mindscape having a conversation with Venom, and I think before the main title did it, showed Joe stuck in his "longue Lizard" human form even in the mindscape and Devil as he originally appeared as a yellow reptilian monster during the Jenkins run.

Also Immortal She Hulk has some extra stuff about the Leader's plans, the TOBA ect. Also implies that when Bruce saved her with the blood transfusion he was actually channeling the Joe persona.

King In Black is a nice sort of Christmas issue, sort of Hulk meets the Climax of Gremlins, and during the short-lived phase when Joe was kind of acting as Savage's protective older brother.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 06-16-2021 at 09:21 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    With the exception of Titania (Although right now she's in IH as well)The She Hulk series seems to be actually more involved with the Hulk mythology than She-Hulk's own from the cast, since not only Ruffalo but Roth and Hurt are showing up.

Granted, I'm sure this can change but Marvel TV already used Hellcat pretty much with Jessica Jones and I'm not sure how they'd bring in Weezi, Wyatt Wingfoot etc.
    Does She-Hulk have mythology of her own? I just saw her as a Hulk spinoff and a lot of her villians overlap with Hulk and the other heroes.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 06-16-2021 at 01:49 PM.

If you want to take "the deep dive" outside Ewing's run (I suppose you've already read Avengers No Surrender and No Road Home?), you can also read Immortal Hulk's cameo in Juggernaut and Fantastic Four (fight with the Thing). And, for the love of God, skip cameos on Gwenpool and Weapon H... these are just awful. Don't make the same mistakes I did.

For the better understanding of the "Devil" persona: Incredible Hulk by Paul Jenkins # 12-13, 27-28

One-shots you can skip: Great Power
    One-shots you "can" skip, but I REALLY enjoyed them: Flatline, Threshing Place, Best Defense, King in Black
    One-shots you shouldn't skip: Immortal She-Hulk, Time of the Monsters
    One-shots you shouldn't skip but kinda meh: Absolute Carnage

Dinosaur Hulk.jpg
    Something I've drawn after being inspired by "Time of Monsters"- my take on pre-historic Hulk.

(I could see it actually happening one day as some sort of Marvel event. We had heroes turn into Hulks, Venoms, Robots etc etc but they probably never transformed into Dinosaurs).

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Dinosaur Hulk.jpg
    Something I've drawn after being inspired by "Time of Monsters"- my take on pre-historic Hulk.

(I could see it actually happening one day as some sort of Marvel event. We had heroes turn into Hulks, Venoms, Robots etc etc but they probably never transformed into Dinosaurs).
    Maybe Stegron and Reptil could be involved?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Maybe Stegron and Reptil could be involved?
    Insert your favourite "I don't want to cure cancer, I want to turn people into dinosaurs" joke here.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #341
    “The Savage Bull Doth Bear the Yoke!”

Cover Date: March 1988
    Sale Date: November 17th, 1987
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Todd McFarlane
    Letterer: Rick Parker
    Colorist: Petra Scotese
    Editor: Bob Harras

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Rick Jones, Clay Quartermain, the Leader
    Villain: Man-Bull
    Synopsis: Open to two farmers, Ed and Bob, scouting the pastures for a missing cow. Ed thinks it’s UFO’s but Bob stumbles across the gutted carcass and thinks it’s a predator. Ed doesn’t believe it as he asks “What kinda creature could walk in and out with two cows under its arms, huh?” Cut to the Hulk, Rick and Clay at a payphone, with the Hulk expressing his hunger and Quartermain talking to Diane Bellamy (last seen back in #323) about the destruction of Gamma Base. The Hulk has wandered into a field and instead of stumbling across food, he comes across a humanoid bull creature eating a cow. The Hulk inadvertently names the creature “Savage” after viewing the scene and spooks the creature away. He returns to the van and they continue on their trek. Later that morning, we find Savage rummaging through the fridge of a local farmer, who then attacks them for interrupting his meal. We then see Clay, Rick and Bruce being introduced to Quartermain’s brother, Alan. Turns out Alan used to be a computer whiz and gave it up to become a farmer. Knowing this, Clay hits him up about breaking into SHIELD’s security system to find out where the gamma bombs are being stockpiled. Cut to the news conference that was referenced earlier and we see the Leader cut through the crowd and make physical contact with Agent Trump, Saunders and LaRoquette, now under his spell. The conference begins with Diane Bellamy bring up the topic of Quartermain and Gamma Base, catching him offguard. Back in Kansas, the group finds out about the Man-Bull’s attack and Clay decides to use the Hulk as leverage against his brother; send the Hulk out to fight the Man-Bull if he can get the information they need. Banner objects and Clay loses his patience, with Alan reluctantly agreeing. Hours later at sundown, Banner transforms and the Hulk gives Clay and finger-flick for his “attitude problem” with Banner earlier on. Man-Bull shows up and he and the Hulk duke it out, with the Hulk internally admitting that he’s not into this fight anymore, mainly because the Man-Bull reminds him of how he used to be. The creature begs the Hulk to kill him, because he can’t live like this anymore and the Hulk takes pity on him. The pity turns to disgust after the Man-Bull refuses to verbally defend himself against the townspeople intent on killing him.
    Commentary: Good story to advance the Gamma Bomb plot, a little weak on bringing in the Man-Bull as a foe for the Hulk. It’s nice to see the Gray Hulk take center stage on the narration this issue. Pre-MPD era, this Hulk was the same creature he was, but because of the lesser amount of gamma radiation in his body, gray, smarter and weaker. Like he states, he’s forgotten what daylight feels like. And when Rick says he could be like the Man-Bull, if something happened to him, to which the Hulk replies he never wants to become an animal again. Swipe alert for page 17, bottom panel. Taken from Byrne in #319 during his fight with Saunders. Page 18, middle panel, was also swiped from Byrne, this time from #316 during his fight with Hercules.

Back for noon feeding The Shredder's Avatar

Thank you; Dinosaur Hulk, ChrisIII, the illustrious mr. kenway, Vordan, and Snoop Dogg for the information! It was much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    I suppose you've already read Avengers No Surrender and No Road Home?
    I have taken the initiative in ordering the hardback of Avengers No Surrender, but not No Road Home to be perfectly honest. Does the Immortal Hulk make significant appearances in that arc?

Also, can you or anyone else care to speculate on the possibility that in the near future, there might be a Immortal Hulk Omnibus, or thick multi volume TPB release of the Ewing Immortal Hulk run, along with the various one-shots included? Kinda like in a Epic Collection format? Or is it more probable that the Immortal Hulk one shots are going to be collected in a trade of their own?

I really don't have a preference in a omnibus or trade (either/or works for me), but by only having the Ewing main Immortal Hulk title collected, I apparently wouldn't be getting the full scope of the story. Especially so considering some of the Immortal Hulk one shots are rather consequential, or at the very least, enjoyable.

Thanks again.