Page 122 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2204

Playing the Avengers game since it’s on Gamepass. Man Hulk in this big budget AAA game from 2020 can’t compete with the UD Hulk I played on the Xbox. Also I’m so sick of Troy Baker in everything but he’s an ok Bruce.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Playing the Avengers game since it’s on Gamepass. Man Hulk in this big budget AAA game from 2020 can’t compete with the UD Hulk I played on the Xbox. Also I’m so sick of Troy Baker in everything but he’s an ok Bruce.
    At this point, Triple A means lack of effort lol.

Ultimate Alliance 3 is probably a better experience to play as Hulk, or, hell, anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I didn't care for the ending at all; that the great grandparents of the Leader and the Hulk not only knew eachother (and were married)but were unknowingly exposed to gamma radiation together making the Leader and the Hulk fated to come to be just made the world feel so contrived and small...
    Absolutely agreed here. This is a thing that bothered me most about it. It's just the kind of unnecessary and contrived connection that I hate.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Absolutely agreed here. This is a thing that bothered me most about it. It's just the kind of unnecessary and contrived connection that I hate.
    I think it would have complimented the story had it been sooner revealed.

TOBA worked through small events, minor dominoes stretching through history. Revealing it sooner compliments the story, revealing it at the end, not so much.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think it would have complimented the story had it been sooner revealed.

TOBA worked through small events, minor dominoes stretching through history. Revealing it sooner compliments the story, revealing it at the end, not so much.
    Nah, making too many events and people related is always going to lead to an overly contrived, incestuous mess and throwing in "it was fated to happen" only compounds that further. It's the reason why so many of the early Star Wars comics and books tended to be bad because every author seemed to want to make every incidental character some how related to some big scene...only just off screen and that they all had these complex back stories that made them integral to this, that and some other continuity easter egg.
    Looking for a friendly place to discuss comic books? Try The Classic Comics Forum!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Nah, making too many events and people related is always going to lead to an overly contrived, incestuous mess and throwing in "it was fated to happen" only compounds that further. It's the reason why so many of the early Star Wars comics and books tended to be bad because every author seemed to want to make every incidental character some how related to some big scene...only just off screen and that they all had these complex back stories that made them integral to this, that and some other continuity easter egg.
    TOBA is a devil with very limited ability to actually influence the real world. An omnipotent God with only a feather touch

Looks like Rick is sort of back to normal. Although I'm wondering if he still has the gamma eyes/flight stuff from when the Leader posessed him.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The Hawkeye DLC does have the Maestro but it's really just Old Man Hawkeye with Maestro as an afterthought.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The Hawkeye DLC does have the Maestro but it's really just Old Man Hawkeye with Maestro as an afterthought.
    Are the DLC worth playing? Just finished the game but I have the Hawkeyes and Black Panther. Was pretty meh even for being free.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

A lot of it's unfortunately more of the same, endless waves of AIM villains although there's a bit more variety in the Future Imperfect one. I've just started the BP one, seems to be a bit better so far.

BTW looks like She Hulk is back to normal next year. I'm guessing something will happen at the end of the current Avengers run which will return her to her normal self.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    A lot of it's unfortunately more of the same, endless waves of AIM villains although there's a bit more variety in the Future Imperfect one. I've just started the BP one, seems to be a bit better so far.

BTW looks like She Hulk is back to normal next year. I'm guessing something will happen at the end of the current Avengers run which will return her to her normal self.
    Guess that means Aaron is finally leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Guess that means Aaron is finally leaving.
    Or maybe he's writing Jen off the team?

I'm just waiting for her and Thor to break up since it doesn't seem like it's relevant outside their book and probably won't be mentioned in her solo.

Fantastic Member

"I'm just waiting for her and Thor to break up since it doesn't seem like it's relevant outside their book and probably won't be mentioned in her solo."

It would be cool to see Deadpool show up, and explain to Thor that the separation is needed because their story books will be separated.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Got issue #50, my LCS didn't receive any damaged books. Interesting ending.
    I'll be giving the Cates run a 6 issue pass...if the ending for Immortal is supposed to jump-start his series.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #357
    “Possibilities”

Cover Date: July 1989
    Sale Date: March 21st, 1989
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Jeff Purves
    Inker: Jim Saunders III
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Glynis Oliver
    Editor: Bobbie Chase

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Glorian, Cloot, Mona, Marlo Chandler, Michael Berengetti
    Villain: The Ghoul
    Synopsis: Open to Glorian and Cloot playing a game of pool, outlining their plans for the Hulk and his associates. Cut to a mindscape sequence that’s taking place during their transformation, with the Hulk smashing the mental brick wall he built a few issues back to keep Banner out. They exchange words, with Banner actually standing his ground. Eventually he pushes his luck after mentioning Marlo. This aggravates the Hulk and he gets in one last shot before the transformation is complete. Marlo comes knocking at the door and she demands to see Bruce and “Joe” together in the same room. Bruce answers back that it’s not possible and she says she has no interest in seeing either one again. Meanwhile, Cloot has made his way to the depths of some deep dark pit and come across a hitman submerged in a tar pit. He promises him his freedom if he can follow the staircase to the surface while avoiding a giant gray demon. Glorian begins fulfilling his part of the bargain, as he has Berengetti hallucinate that “Mr. Fixit” is going to kill him for having tepid bath water and Marlo fear for her life as “Joe” shows up during her racquetball game. Across town, Bruce buys a snazzy set of clothes for a job interview at the Yucca Flats Radiation Research Lab and the Ghoul begins his race for freedom, but comes across the “gray demon”, who is actually Cloot in disguise as the Hulk. Later on that night, the Hulk makes a decision to come clean with his identity with Berengetti and Marlo, but both brush off his requests to talk after the Glorian hallucinations. The issue ends with the Ghoul, now a mangled demonic mess, completing his journey to the surface and demanding where the Hulk is at.

Commentary: Better than last issue. As far as page 24, with the Hulk claiming to do the unexpected, I’m really just guessing on whether or not the Hulk was going to reveal who he really was to Mike and Marlo. It is unexpected and Mike abruptly cuts him off as he starts saying “There’s something you should…” Forgot to mention that Jim Saunders III is back on the book as inker. As with McFarlane, it takes a couple of issues for the artist and inker to gel, but it’s decent.