Page 53 of 147 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

As long as it's not Jason Aaron, I'm good. Cates is a good writer, and after this excellent arc who was more horrific, going on a new direction who is more action-driven and "blockbuster" can be a good idea. Zdarsky is cool too, he has never disappointed me.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Hulk, with Ewing, became a hor property. It would be crazy not to follow IH with a "big" creative team. We have Chio firing on all cylinders with Daredevil. Also, Cates is the guy with the most commercial success, not to mention that He loves the Hulk and, back in 2018, He said something that He had a Hulk pitch that He was saving for the right time. And considering He's leaving Venom, which was a success, this can be the right time.
    He also very recently said that he has too much other plans to be taking on Hulk after Ewing. Also I don't wanna sound mean but please guys don't believe everything someone says on the internet. There wont be a single writer that is gonna say i HATE Hulk or Thor or Superman, especially if they ever have a chance in the future to write the character, maybe a handful of writers with balls would come out and say something like that but 97% of them never will. Obviously Cates is gonna say he LOVES Hulk, but actions speak louder than words. Not only have i never seen anything from Cates that indicates to me that he understands the character, but he has always used Hulk as a stepping stone or fodder for other character, it's something he does often most recently we saw him do it with Knull and Sentry.

So i don't want him on Hulk, especially since i doubt he has any long term plan for the character and would most likely end up as the last minute choice the way Mark Waid and Gerry Duggan were with both churning out bad to mediocre stories that were cut half-way through because both quit the book before they could finish them leaving loose ends some of which surprisingly Ewing had to tie in like the Gammon thing.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

*Ignore post*

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/marvel-pride-mon...ew-lgbtq-hero/

Pretty sure that's Charlene next to Vivian on the frame art.

Why she's included:

https://www.cbr.com/immortal-hulk-trans-character/
    Yesssss so glad she got included here, love McGowan so much.

Astonishing Gamma Flight variant by Bennett

Kind of curious what role the merged Rick/Frye is going to play, whether it's in Immortal Hulk or Gamma Flight.

There were kind of hints that Rick would end up being a melded being all along-even back in the hell arc A-Bomb was shown with two faces in his chest, and of course when he was turned into the Abomination "suit" that also had two faces. I guess Rick/Leader counts as well, although it's still kind of unclear if it was ever Rick at all or it was just the Leader all the time with Rick's real mind suppressed the minute he "woke up" from the bathtub.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-28-2021 at 01:32 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member

I want to say it never was Rick once he got pulled from Abomination's shell. Leader alludes to one of the first things Rick said to Jackie bragging about how good of an actor he was saying those things, or maybe Leader just read Rick's mind, hard to tell. Imagine Gamma Flight will explore that a bit more.

Preview for Immortal Hulk #46 should drop today!

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #327
    “As Others See Us!”

Cover Date: January 1987
    Sale Date: October 7th, 1986
    Writer: Al Milgrom
    Artist: Steve Geiger
    Inker: Sam DeLarosa
    Letterer: John Workman and Rick Parker
    Colorist: Petra Scotese
    Editor: Bob Harras

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Bruce Banner, Betty Banner, Doc Samson, Clay Quartermain, Rick Jones
    Villain: Zzzax/Ross
    Synopsis: Zzzax stands over the Rick Jones Hulk, as a stunned Bruce Banner regains consciousness. Ross’ mind is in full control at this point, so we might as well call him Rozzz for the rest of this issue. Rozzz goes on a tirade about how he’s ruined his life and career and begins to attack the brute. Banner makes his presence known and Rozzz is confused, as he is confusing Rick’s Hulk for Banner’s. Banner brings up the point that his Hulk was now gray, this one is green and that he is possibly unbalanced and insane. Cut to Gamma Base and Betty Banner has gone from distraught to outrage about the status of her husband and father. Samson tries calming her down by giving hope that his mind can be restored. Out in the desert, Rozzz overcomes his confusion and decides both the Hulk and Banner are just going to die. He attacks and Banner coaches the rookie Hulk into splashing Rozzz with water from a nearby lake. This gives the duo a respite and they leap away, but Rozzz is able to reform and follow. He catches up with them as they enter a small town and renew their fight. Banner continues to coach the Hulk until Rozzz takes control of the brute’s body, thanks to Zzzax’s personality resurfacing. Cut to a very large estate in South Carolina, where a nurse is brought in to take care of what she believes is a severely handicapped child. The creepy butler locks her in the bedroom and she screams in horror as we cut back to Rozzz battering the Hulk’s body. He believes the blows are having an impact, but in actuality it’s the sunrise causing the weakness. Eventually Rozzz leaps out of the Hulk’s body and he changes back to Rick Jones. At this point, Ross’ personality has been buried and Zzzax has regained control. He attempts to feed on the minds of a mother and her two children. Cut back to Gamma Base and we see Betty take her frustrations out on a poor SHIELD agent who accidentally breaks a wedding picture of her and Bruce. Quartermain fears another nervous breakdown and asks Samson to keep an eye on her. He then goes to see John LaRoquette about joining SHIELD. Back in the small town, Zzzax and Ross continue their personality conflict as Banner is able to convince Ross that he has now become a monster like the Hulk. A distraught Ross flees and Bruce and Rick begin their long trek back to Gamma Base.
    Commentary: It was a nice turn of events to see Banner coaching the Hulk thru a battle, even if it was Rick. His mannerisms are a spitting image to the Hulk that Banner has been familiar with over the years. Stories like this could have been fun to read…

Immortal Hulk #46 preview.

https://comicbookdispatch.com/immortal-hulk-46-preview/

Simply brutal!

As someone said earlier, U-Foes are gonna take the biggest L of the 2021.
    I already in love with Joe Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    As someone said earlier, U-Foes are gonna take the biggest L of the 2021.
    I already in love with Joe Hulk.
    What's not to love? Just look at his face. He's scarier than the Devil Hulk!

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Damn, Ironclad is basically like putty in his hands-- the same Ironclad that 'shook' infinite realms when he collided with Hulk in the Crossroads and can tango with Thor?