Page 54 of 147 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Damn, Ironclad is basically like putty in his hands-- the same Ironclad that 'shook' infinite realms when he collided with Hulk in the Crossroads and can tango with Thor?
    Yeah. This one is a much tougher and meanest strongest one there. I wonder what he's gonna do with Vector!

Fantastic Member

Gotta love how sleazy the U-Foes are. Moments earlier they were joyfully obliterating a mangled and weakened Hulk, now totally speechless and panicking as Joe smooshed Ironclad

Fantastic Member

Damn. Gotta wait 6 days for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Gotta love how sleazy the U-Foes are. Moments earlier they were joyfully obliterating a mangled and weakened Hulk, now totally speechless and panicking as Joe smooshed Ironclad
    Yeah, their faces of joy and cruelty completely transformed into pure horror!

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    Damn. Gotta wait 6 days for this.
    It's always a torture, ins't it?

Btw, the glorious full spread by Bennett:

BANNED

I am gonna miss Bennetts art and all the coloring and inking and everything else the team does on this... It's just so amazing, also this preview makes it more clear that they were definitely going for a mix of Grey/Green with red veins on this new Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I am gonna miss Bennetts art and all the coloring and inking and everything else the team does on this... It's just so amazing, also this preview makes it more clear that they were definitely going for a mix of Grey/Green with red veins on this new Hulk.
    Yeah, what an amazing art team.

Btw, in the comments from the pic above, from Joe's instagram; Mounts confirms it again about the Gray/Green mix:

paulmounts

@aitor_ani_art my favorite comment! He’s a greyed-down green. And if I got that across, my work here is done 😏

https://www.instagram.com/p/COQ4OGgBxH0/

War & Pax #5 variant by Joshua Cassara

THE IMMORTAL HULK COMMISSION-JONH BYRNE HOMAGE

The issue with ZZazx I think was referenced later on in the Red Hulk title, although elements of it were retconned to include Fortean.

Also just me or is the brow even more prominent on the "new" Hulk? Seems like a bit of an homage to how the Grey Hulk was usually drawn (mainly by Mcfarlane and Purves).
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-30-2021 at 10:59 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The issue with ZZazx I think was referenced later on in the Red Hulk title, although elements of it were retconned to include Fortean.

Also just me or is the brow even more prominent on the "new" Hulk? Seems like a bit of an homage to how the Grey Hulk was usually drawn (mainly by Mcfarlane and Purves).
    Gotta look at some of Devil Hulk pics, but yould be into something here.

Another commission.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #328
    “Piece of Mind”

Cover Date: February 1987
    Sale Date: November 11th, 1986
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Dwayne Turner
    Inker: Tony DeZuniga
    Letterer: Janice Chainge
    Colorist: Petra Scotese
    Editor: Bob Harras

Villain: Fragment
    Synopsis: Bruce Banner is contemplating current events in his life and ends up having a fever dream that results in a battle with a mental creature called Fragment. He transforms into the Hulk and they fight, with plenty of mental games. A figment of Rick Jones tries encouraging Banner to commit suicide, but Banner chooses to live and is able to fully suppress the Hulk from emerging again. Believing the entire event never happened, he gets back into his jeep and heads back to Gamma Base…leaving behind the cackling eyes of Fragment.
    Commentary: Peter David’s first issue on the Hulk. Obviously done as a filler issue, as there is barely any attachment to the current storyline, other than an acknowledgement of Rick’s plight as the new Hulk and Betty’s dismay. Dwayne Turner wasn’t a good artist for the Hulk either…at least not at this time. Very, very early on in his career and DeZuniga’s inks didn’t help at all. I avoided this for years, as I read this on another Shopko excursion and had a very mild reaction to the story and art. I still wasn’t into the Gray Hulk and his look wasn’t very consistent in this either – was he or wasn’t he wearing a tattered shirt over his shoulders? Was this the old school bowl-cut look or just a funny part down the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Another commission.

Holy **** that’s brutal. Would love to see that colored.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post

Cover Date: February 1987
    Sale Date: November 11th, 1986
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Dwayne Turner
    Inker: Tony DeZuniga
    Letterer: Janice Chainge
    Colorist: Petra Scotese
    Editor: Bob Harras[/I][/B]
    Villain: Fragment
    Synopsis: Bruce Banner is contemplating current events in his life and ends up having a fever dream that results in a battle with a mental creature called Fragment. He transforms into the Hulk and they fight, with plenty of mental games. A figment of Rick Jones tries encouraging Banner to commit suicide, but Banner chooses to live and is able to fully suppress the Hulk from emerging again. Believing the entire event never happened, he gets back into his jeep and heads back to Gamma Base…leaving behind the cackling eyes of Fragment.
    Commentary: Peter David’s first issue on the Hulk. Obviously done as a filler issue, as there is barely any attachment to the current storyline, other than an acknowledgement of Rick’s plight as the new Hulk and Betty’s dismay. Dwayne Turner wasn’t a good artist for the Hulk either…at least not at this time. Very, very early on in his career and DeZuniga’s inks didn’t help at all. I avoided this for years, as I read this on another Shopko excursion and had a very mild reaction to the story and art. I still wasn’t into the Gray Hulk and his look wasn’t very consistent in this either – was he or wasn’t he wearing a tattered shirt over his shoulders? Was this the old school bowl-cut look or just a funny part down the middle?
    odd issue.. I hadn't quite yet started buying the gray hulk issues yet. the night-time changing was odd.. and Fragment. did we ever see him/it again? oh well..