Page 126 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2204
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Pretty much what I expected, looks loud and dumb. Curious if Cates will just ignore Immortal’s ending or if he actually will factor it in.
    Yeah I'm not sure if it'll connect in anyway but alot of people on twitter are convinced that Cates is continuing the "Banner/Hulk vs the world" subplot since thats where Banner actually left off in the real world.

Not too sure about that though, because from the trailer it seems like Hulk's out of control...again and Banner is gonna find a way to control him

Seems like he has something against Stark though, beating up Hulkbusters and apparently breaking into some kind of Celestial-buster armour factory.
    Last edited by TCHRISJ; 11-01-2021 at 09:05 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They really should have let Hulk rest in limbo for a few months instead of jumping into a new arc already
    This, would have felt better w/ some time IMO

Quote Originally Posted by TCHRISJ View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure if it'll connect in anyway but alot of people on twitter are convinced that Cates is continuing the "Banner/Hulk vs the world" subplot since thats where Banner actually left off in the real world.

Not too sure about that though, because from the trailer it seems like Hulk's out of control...again and Banner is gonna find a way to control him

Seems like he has something against Stark though, beating up Hulkbusters and apparently breaking into some kind of Celestial-buster armour factory.
    Even if Cates didn't feel comfortable doing IM stuff because let's face it it was incredibly tough and nuanced, he should go w/ Bruce vs the world.

Fantastic Member

I think whatever that device in the desert is affecting him.. look at all the punches he's made on it. From an outsider POV it looks like the Hulk has gone nuts.

Someone sent that thing and targeted Bruce given that it's in what looks like the US Southwest ala the Gamma bomb site.

The question is, who and why?

Could it be something like the Maestro was doing (absorbing his energy)? Powering up said device?

If it's the Maker, could he be attempting to power a device to merge realities but Hulk breaks it and ends up going dimension hopping?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They really should have let Hulk rest in limbo for a few months instead of jumping into a new arc already
    THAT is a good idea. Time to simmer, take a step back, try to find a way to please both the IM fans, and the classic Hulk enthusiasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean...I know IH and Ewing leave a strong impression and it was an amazing run...but maybe a dumb fun Hulk run isn't the worst thing in the world?

Not to say I'm necessarily advocating for it but it might be endearing in its own right.
    I’m not opposed to it at all in theory, it just depends on the implementation. I’d take a dumb fun Hulk run that entertained me and used Hulk’s classic Rogues in some way. Whether Cates delivers that remains to be seen.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I'm not exactly becoming less interested in Cate's Hulk based on what we know about it so far, but it just seems so derivative that I'm not at all hyped or counting the days until #1 drops. Though, I am decently interested in why Hulk needs to go back to space, why the Avengers seem to be gunning for him all over again, and what's with all the mech themes.

I'm almost kind of reminded of the Red Hulk debuting after the first Pak run. One of the definitive Hulk arcs followed by one that was sort of dumb. (Although Red Hulk did become a better character eventually, especially after the Ross reveal).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Avengers just can't leave him alone huh. How many times are you going to attack him? Going to be the fourth one.

I don't like what I am seeing in this trailer. At all.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Avengers just can't leave him alone huh. How many times are you going to attack him?
    It's almost a running joke at this point.

I agree with the other guy who said that Hulk should have been left alone for a year or so after Ewing.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    I think whatever that device in the desert is affecting him.. look at all the punches he's made on it.
    Clearly, a vastly depowered Hulk, whose feats indicate should be able to peel that metal box in two like a banana. He's punching it full force and ... denting it?

I see a lot of Hulk jobbing in this run lol

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by madeforTV View Post
    Clearly, a vastly depowered Hulk, whose feats indicate should be able to peel that metal box in two like a banana. He's punching it full force and ... denting it?

I see a lot of Hulk jobbing in this run lol
    WAY too early to say stuff like this.

Besides, the monolith could be made of adamantium or whatever celestial armor is made of (I think vibranium)

I agree with the poster who said it's probably going to be like Loeb's Red Hulk run.. start with a mystery, get upset as more issues come out but the general public will likely rave because of the art and "cool" factor.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Avengers just can't leave him alone huh. How many times are you going to attack him? Going to be the fourth one.

I don't like what I am seeing in this trailer. At all.
    I completely agree. We’ve been so blessed over the years with some fantastic hulk stories (PAD’s entire run, portions of Jenkin’s run including Always On My Mind, and devil hulks first appearance, Pak’s run, Immortal), which always seem to be bookended by bad ones (Jones, Loeb, Aaron). I was really hoping for that cycle to be broken, but Marvel clearly has not learned a single thing since the Aaron shitshow- why not just get a writer who can follow up brilliance with brilliance?

It’s not as hard as people think, there are several writers who are perfectly capable of respecting the source material as Ewing did, while simultaneously doing something new. Cates just isn’t it. Not this time.

If they wanted a Hulk book, I would happily have taken a Hulk book set outside of mainline continuity. But I’m a DC guy at heart who really enjoys standalone stories, dunno how Marvel fans feel about such things. But that would’ve let Cates do what he wants without having to follow up Ewing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think they did that in the 70s with the Rampaging Hulk magazine. Also Bruce Jones's run is basically totally ignored and If I remember correctly it wasn't even acknowledged that much in Marvel magazines out at the same time (Whenever the Hulk guest starred in other titles during the, it was usually just the Savage Hulk I think whereas I think Jones's Hulk switched between a sort of Smart Hulk or a mute Savage one).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #360
    “Nightmoves”

Cover Date: October 1989
    Sale Date: June 20th, 1989
    Writer: Bob Harras
    Artist: Dan Reed
    Inker: Marie Severin
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Glynis Oliver
    Editor: Bobbie Chase

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Betty Banner, Rick Jones
    Villains: D’Spayre, Nightmare
    Synopsis: Demonic “cousins” D’Spayre and Nightmare concoct a plan to torture Betty Banner, who has just suffered a miscarriage. Rick Jones, still her companion since the Middletown incident, is there to comfort her but it’s not enough to fend off the nightmares she’s about to suffer. Back in Las Vegas, the Hulk is attempting to sleep off his festive night and drawn into Betty’s nightmare. He then learns of her miscarriage and the two begin to succumb to the emotions of the demonic shenanigans. In the end, it is the Hulk and Bruce Banner who work together to break the spell and the nightmare fades, leaving a sense of loss in the Hulk’s heart and a strange comfort in Betty knowing that she can go on despite all that has happened.
    Commentary: An editorial mandate stated that the Hulk/Banner must not have any offspring, so Bob Harras stepped in to write this issue dealing with the death of Bruce and Betty’s baby, as PAD threatened to walk away from the book. Not sure why, that could have provided an interesting dynamic for the Hulk during this era. I am disappointed in the casual comment Nightmare blurted out on page 2 as “a pathetic creature I once trifled with.” HUNH??? Considering he was a significant catalyst in the events from issues #292-300, and it’s somewhat follow-up in Web of Spider-Man #7, I’d call that a back-handed slap to the previous stories/writer. Maybe it wasn’t a big deal, maybe Harras didn’t see any reason to expand on the Hulk/Nightmare connection. I guess I was wishing for more of an interaction between Nightmare and the Hulk, because in a way, he's a catalyst for the events leading back to his gray hue. Like with Web of Spider-Man and the FF crossovers, I will be covering the Iron Man issue that leads into the next issue. I did some contemplating on covering it because I left out Avengers Annual #17, but honestly, the Hulk wasn’t a factor on that annual. Just seemed to be there for filler material and tough talk. The Iron Man issue sets up the events for next issue and I’d thrown enough fits over the last few years about how that issue was not included in the Visionaries AND the PAD Hulk omnibus, but the Spidey and FF issues were. Go figure. For the record, I do have it in my stack of Hulk comics I am going to have custom-bound.