Page 133 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,981 to 1,995 of 2204
    Ultimate Member

I actually kind of enjoyed this first issue.

Although I am a little tired of Hulk vs Hulkbuster; it always ends the same way and it's a little boring now.

But the incident they're referring to in the book, are they talking about the Free Comic Book Day stuff?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    But the incident they're referring to in the book, are they talking about the Free Comic Book Day stuff?
    No, it will presumably be explained in due course.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkbanner12 View Post
    I thought ya'll were doubting Donny cate take on hulk. Look at ya'll now liking it. Lmao. Human beings. lol
    People seem pretty negative about it on here, even me being kinda positive on this is just accepting Banner's character assasination(Spidey fans dealt w/ a decades+ of slott so I'm used to it) and IH message being undone.

Although I am a little tired of Hulk vs Hulkbuster; it always ends the same way and it's a little boring now.

That's where he seemed to have gotten the tech to do this.No clue if it's the same event in el paso

Might give it another issue or two.

Like art and action. Bruce absolutely humiliated Stark with these one-liners.

Dislike overall direction (surprise to no one). I don't know what happened in El Paso yet, but come on, we have to stop using "Hulk killed bunch of people" as an excuse to banish him somewhere or people to hate him. This trope is getting old. We already had Las Vegas incident when he went on rampage. We also had Georgewill not many months ago when he literally exploded. Is El Paso somehow worse?

Well one thing for sure, I'm glad Hulk killed all those military guys only in his mindscape.

Bonus time: it's very funny to come back to IH after first issue and read conversations like this. You tell him, Hulk.
    RCO007_1594821131.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post

Dislike overall direction (surprise to no one). I don't know what happened in El Paso yet, but come on, we have to stop using "Hulk killed bunch of people" as an excuse to banish him somewhere or people to hate him. This trope is getting old. We already had Las Vegas incident when he went on rampage. We also had Georgewill not many months ago when he literally exploded. Is El Paso somehow worse?

Well one thing for sure, I'm glad Hulk killed all those military guys only in his mindscape.

Bonus time: it's very funny to come back to IH after first issue and read conversations like this. You tell him, Hulk.
    RCO007_1594821131.jpg
    "This time will be different"

Yea sorry Hulk it wont because Hulk changed writers and now Banner is a sociopath that is perfectly OK with locking with is essentially a "child" inside his mind prison and torturing him over and over just to use his anger.

Spectacular Member Hulkbanner12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    People seem pretty negative about it on here, even me being kinda positive on this is just accepting Banner's character assasination(Spidey fans dealt w/ a decades+ of slott so I'm used to it) and IH message being undone.

That's where he seemed to have gotten the tech to do this.No clue if it's the same event in el paso
    People are not just patient at all. This comic is gonna be great

Fantastic Member

Went into this expecting to either hate it or be ambivalent. I *loved* it. Super surprising.

Clearly the "El Paso" thing is being used as the "reset button" for this once everything is said and done (broad hints that Bruce isn't himself, that something or someone else is influencing him, etc.) and I appreciated the acknowledgement that even in Bruce's psyche there's warnings that all of this is a terrible idea that will come back to hurt him.

Waaaaaaay different than "Immortal" (obviously) but super enjoyable from my perspective.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

It’s definitely one hell of a shift from the immortal hulk I’ll give you that and a very different way of hulk control. No idea how it’s going to work out but let’s see what wild crud is planned shall we
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

Ok, I was sure I was going to hate it, well I really liked it. A different direction, but it doesn't erase all the past, some mystery, some action... Honestly, I'll see about the rest, but for a new arc after one of the best Hulk arc, it's beyond my expectations. And I was really going to hate it in the first place. We'll see what happens next.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Went into this expecting to either hate it or be ambivalent. I *loved* it. Super surprising.

Clearly the "El Paso" thing is being used as the "reset button" for this once everything is said and done (broad hints that Bruce isn't himself, that something or someone else is influencing him, etc.) and I appreciated the acknowledgement that even in Bruce's psyche there's warnings that all of this is a terrible idea that will come back to hurt him.

Waaaaaaay different than "Immortal" (obviously) but super enjoyable from my perspective.
    I think it's sort of implied in IM that somehow Devil is kind of still alive but somehow 'merged' with Bruce. Maybe in a way this Bruce is "Sunshine Devil".
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Issue was fine, felt very reminiscent of Aaron’s take with how big a dick Bruce is. Feels like a jarring shift from where Ewing left Bruce but I expected it to be a change. I rate it an 8/10.

Nah it’s a mystery box. Whatever happened there happened inbetween the ending of Immortal Hulk and the start of Cates Hulk and is the reason Bruce is acting like a supervillain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post

RCO007_1594821131.jpg
    Even Ewing knew it was all going back to status quo eventually. I do hope this conversation is referenced since it’s exactly what happened post Immortal.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

This issue was burning garbage in the context of releasing a month after Immortal Hulk's conclusion. If there was more time between the two, it would at least be more of a interesting mystery why Banner would be the way he is here, but so soon after just sits uneasy for me, and makes it hard to not see this as a series already made to just go off the most mundane, basic premise of Hulk, rather than take into consideration anything Immortal Hulk brought to the fold in the continuity, which is especially perplexing since Immortal Hulk was one of Marvel's most popular and best selling titles with a unique and new direction for the character in the 616 continuity.

Won't say much more because I'd already be beating a dead horse further just reading some of the other comments, but oof, that panel linked by Dinosaur Hulk just makes me so angry, especially since Ewing is out there respecting the lore Cates' run brought into symbiotes.

Seen some theories that Cates is going to use Ewing hinting that Bruce and Devil had merged at the end of IH to justify why Bruce is acting the way he is. Bruce being a genius again does make me wonder if that will be attributed to Devil Hulk getting reabsorbed into Bruce.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Picked up today on my lunch hour. It was better than I expected. Will read the first arc and go from there.