Page 117 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1767107113114115116117118119120121127 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 2204
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    Didn't expect OAA to show up.

I like that the ending is truly the ending of this series. There was no cliffhanger to prolong the addiction.

That'll do it for me. Thanks, Ewing.
    Loved #50- truly a beautiful issue.

I loved gamma flight #5 too, surprisingly! I hadn’t been loving it that much recently, as I’m a pretty big Emil fan and despite him apparantly being the main villain, he sure didn’t have the attention he deserved; 4 issues in and he’s only in 3 pages? Wtf? But that final issue was pretty damn good- Emil usually gets jobbed when he appears outside the main hulk series, but seriously he did the jobbing this time around!!

Not sure how I feel about the Gamma flight series as a whole, but whatever. I didn’t expect much out of it, and in some ways, I did enjoy it. But immortal hulk really is that lighting in a bottle comic series. It’ll be interesting to see what Cates follows it up with.
    Last edited by Immortalhulk13; 10-13-2021 at 06:39 AM.

Fantastic Member

Surprised no one is talking about the big revelation.

spoilers:

Sterns and Banner are related.

Interesting how that twins theory almost was true. Guess that really was a hint in a way.

Other fun stuff - The Proto Hulk appearance.. Berengetti's fate.. Jarella (and no Caiera! ha).. Beatrice's defiant fist echoing Bruce at his mom's grave.. Note the green door Robert closes on Beatrice.. Ben's comment about collecting the set

Glad I was wrong about Joe making the sacrifice play.. interesting how Cates status quo is with Joe and Hulk inside.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Cth; 10-13-2021 at 08:58 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post

Interesting how that twins theory almost was true. Guess that really was a hint in a way.

Other fun stuff - The Proto Hulk appearance.. Berengetti's fate.. Jarella (and no Caiera! ha).. Beatrice's defiant fist echoing Bruce at his mom's grave.. Note the green door Robert closes on Beatrice.. Ben's comment about collecting the set

Glad I was wrong about Joe making the sacrifice play.. interesting how Cates status quo is with Joe and Hulk inside.
    Nobody is talking yet because people are trying to avoid spoilers for now i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Is there a reason/ reasons you felt let down?

I am with intothevoid. That was the conclusion it needed to be, considering where we started.

“What will you become” indeed =)
    There was no resolution to the arc from IH 25 and the ninth cosmos. TOBA revealed to be TOAA seemed like cop-out or editor meddling as below place was explicitly stated to be the place where God does not exists in the start of the run. Also the whole tension of the arc seemed to vanish as how Hulk's gonna overcome it.

It was little too neatly concluded, there wasn't the horror I enjoyed in the earlier arcs.

Its not really that major of a retcon as we have never seen the grandparents before. Felt out of nowhere and took too much page time out of the closing issue.

Incredible Member

As resolutions go... shouting angrily at an uncaring god is... a resolution of sorts, I suppose.

Yes, that was spectacularly awful in a "small universe" sort of way. I really don't know WTF Ewing was thinking with that.

Jarella (and no Caiera! ha)..
    Eh, Caiera was the Green Scar's wife. The closest Salad-Brain came to interacting with her was when seeing Skaar and remembering Caiera triggered Scar to come out, and it was a trap for Avocado-head specifically.

interesting how Cates status quo is with Joe and Hulk inside.
    I don't think Cates is picking up from this at all. After Banner swearing not to go back to suppressing the Hulks (or trying to cure himself of them) again when he & Savage were trying to free Devil, we're... going right back to that.

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    As resolutions go... shouting angrily at an uncaring god is... a resolution of sorts, I suppose.

Yes, that was spectacularly awful in a "small universe" sort of way. I really don't know WTF Ewing was thinking with that.

Eh, Caiera was the Green Scar's wife. The closest Salad-Brain came to interacting with her was when seeing Skaar and remembering Caiera triggered Scar to come out, and it was a trap for Avocado-head specifically.

I don't think Cates is picking up from this at all. After Banner swearing not to go back to suppressing the Hulks (or trying to cure himself of them) again when he & Savage were trying to free Devil, we're... going right back to that.
    Shouting at an uncaring God who is also wearing the mask of the devil to mess with his own creation and then just lets them all go is a resolution I guess. Also all that torture made Banner confident, so that's something.

do the good guys actually win in the end or is it heavily ambiguous/negative?

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post

Savage Hulk also remembered her in Slott's mighty avengers run for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Immortal hulk 50 was a serious letdown. Ewing phoned it in IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    This last issue has to be one of the best issues of a comic i have read maybe ever, it's perfect, the callbacks are on point and it perfectly wraps us the story of the characters. I am filled with a lot of emotions right now, it's hard to even put into words.
    Lol the duality of man! Fitting given how this run ended. My own personal thought is that it was good but not great. Kept the portrayal of Hulk as the new Job in that he suffers to fulfill a cosmic purpose he can’t really understand. Hulk exists to smash, to tear down the structures regardless of morality. When things are bad Hulk is the one who brings hope. When things are good Hulk is the one who brings horror. We do get an answer to one of the earliest questions raised in the series, “does God have a Hulk?” with that finally being answered here. Hulk himself got some answers but I am baffled that Ewing chose to not have Banner remember any of what happened in Hell. Guess that’s just the nature of the Beast, can’t change Bruce too much because Cates is taking over next. There were a lot of good callbacks, the parallels between Hulk forgiving Sterns and Devil telling Bruce he loved him was great.

Speaking of Devil though… I guess he’s dead for now? Didn’t see them bringing his corpse with when they left Hell. So it’s just Bruce, Joe, and Savage I suppose. Overall I’m left feeling satisfied but not wowed which is still pretty good for a 50 issue series set in the mainline. Definitely ordering the Omnis when they are released.

Cates up next. I’ll give the first couple issues a shot and see what he’s bringing.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Its a victory by TOBA/TOAA not caring enough for some reason despite doing it for nearly 50 issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Ends on a callback to the first issues ending which is the complete opposite tone wise. That was very sinister and unsettling, #50 ends on a note of hope and optimism.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Speaking of Devil though… I guess he’s dead for now? Didn’t see them bringing his corpse with when they left Hell. So it’s just Bruce, Joe, and Savage I suppose. Overall I’m left feeling satisfied but not wowed which is still pretty good for a 50 issue series set in the mainline. Definitely ordering the Omnis when they are released.
    Devil's remerged with Bruce - remember Bruce was hearing him whisper in his ear when Joe went red? And Bruce talks about "absorbing his shoulder devil" at the end. It's like when Bruce was killed off in Aaron's run, and it turned out he was remerged with Hulk.

Mighty Member

A lot of stuff are non answered, like the ending of #25: what happen in the future ? We have seen that the universe is destroyed by the TOBA/Hulk but no resolution. But all in all it was a good issue, not that great but cool for an ending in mainstream comics.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Fantastic Member

Ok, so here's a thought.

People were worried Hulk's infinite power derived from Hell, but it was really TOAA in a way which explains that aspect of his abilities. Interesting that he was able to disperse TOBA for those wanting battle board fodder.

In retrospect, Tammuz was another hint, as that entity was required to spend half the year in Heaven and half in Hell.