Page 63 of 147 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

The gate is a thing of divine power – a thing of forever. But even for the strongest one there is, it bears the warning: ABANDON HOPE, ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE.

This bit is so intriguing! Can't wait to see what it is.

‘Immortal Hulk: Time of Monsters’ #1 turns your stomach in the best ways

"Comics like this make me sad that Immortal Hulk is coming to an end. The depth of character and the types of things you can do with this hero feel limitless in the hands of these creators."

So true.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/05/17/im...series-finale/

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    ‘Immortal Hulk: Time of Monsters’ #1 turns your stomach in the best ways

"Comics like this make me sad that Immortal Hulk is coming to an end. The depth of character and the types of things you can do with this hero feel limitless in the hands of these creators."

So true.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/05/17/im...series-finale/
    true indeed *sigh* *sniff*

At least we'll always have memories of this glorious time.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Marvel Teases the End of The Immortal Hulk

"Hulk is, I think, the most limitless character Marvel has," Ewing said during an interview with Comics Beat. "Part of that lack of limits is that you can speak to things that superhero comics generally shy away from. I say that, but I’m not doing anything Steve Gerber didn’t do. Or Steve Englehart. I’m following the traditions of Marvel in the ’70s. Maybe this is just part of comics. To be honest, I haven’t had that much back-chat on it. Editorial have been wonderful in letting me do things my way. Joe [Bennett] has been wonderful as an artistic collaborator, and I’ve been working with him to make sure the stuff he wants to do is in the book. And the readers seem, generally, willing to come onboard. There are times when I thought I’ve gone too far on certain things. But I’ve been very happy with it."

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/ma...l-hulk-ending/

Ewing does get it.

Having read #46 only issue was that the grey parts of Hulk seemed to be kind of inconsistent ((He seems fully green by the time he's at the bar). Or maybe it's just that way because the U-foes scene is at night and it's the "lighting".
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

it's all too bad that this current Hulk will not have a rematch with Thanos by the time that #50 comes around. I'd really want to see that last for an entire issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    it's all too bad that this current Hulk will not have a rematch with Thanos by the time that #50 comes around. I'd really want to see that last for an entire issue.
    Which rematch?

The ass kicking is getting closer and closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Which rematch?
    Yeah he hasn’t fought Thanos in this run. Did he job to Thanos elsewhere in the comics (I try not to care about how Hulk is used outside of his solo, comics or otherwise, since that just tends to lead to frustration)?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah he hasn’t fought Thanos in this run. Did he job to Thanos elsewhere in the comics (I try not to care about how Hulk is used outside of his solo, comics or otherwise, since that just tends to lead to frustration)?
    I think he probably refers to the movie. Many fans were hoping since movies dropped the ball, that we would see a rematch in the comics where Hulk redeems himself.

But honestly i don't get the point? I love Hulk but Thanos is just more powerful... there isn't gonna be a "fair" fight between the 2, unless we amp Hulk considerably. Maybe current Joe Fixit could fight him and win based on the size of the team he is taking on in issue 49, that seems around Thanos level tbh, but otherwise who cares. There are plenty of other heroes and villains he can fight that are more in his ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    I think he probably refers to the movie. Many fans were hoping since movies dropped the ball, that we would see a rematch in the comics where Hulk redeems himself.

But honestly i don't get the point? I love Hulk but Thanos is just more powerful... there isn't gonna be a "fair" fight between the 2, unless we amp Hulk considerably. Maybe current Joe Fixit could fight him and win based on the size of the team he is taking on in issue 49, that seems around Thanos level tbh, but otherwise who cares. There are plenty of other heroes and villains he can fight that are more in his ballpark.
    Washed my hands of MCU Hulk a while ago lol. I don’t know, if Hulk manages to beat One Below All I definitely think he could beat Thanos’ ass.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Washed my hands of MCU Hulk a while ago lol. I don’t know, if Hulk manages to beat One Below All I definitely think he could beat Thanos’ ass.
    Yea me too, i just don't care about Hulk in the MCU at all, actually i don't really care much about MCU in general, but to each their own. I will just say to people hopeful they are gonna see a rematch one day, don't... You are gonna wait for it forever.

Anyway, yea i am talking about normal Hulk. The Hulk at the end of the series will likely be one of the most powerful beings in all of Marvel if he can take on TOBA, Thanos would be an insect to him but regardless he isn't gonna be fighting Thanos, the series has other plans.

Yeah, MCU clown weak Hulk is a joke. Actually it's Hulk in name only. Not even the madder/stronger factor is there.

The MCU in general lost me, even though I'll watch some projects, like Shang-Chi.

Ultimate Member

I don't understand how beating the One Below All would make Hulk the least bit more powerful. Unless/until he gets the Hulk's body, the OBA is really the weakest one there is.

His influence is limited through two layers of proxies. He can't lift so much as a pen in the real world by himself/itself.

His power comes in that he knows exactly what domino to tip things in his favor, and the fact that he's fundamental part of the universe itself. He can no more be killed than one can change the laws of conservation of mass and energy. He can't be beaten, only thwarted.

Just sayin'

Also, have we started a pool on who will be the first writer to poorly use The One Below All? Because I wanna put money on Jim Starlin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I don't understand how beating the One Below All would make Hulk the least bit more powerful. Unless/until he gets the Hulk's body, the OBA is really the weakest one there is.

His influence is limited through two layers of proxies. He can't lift so much as a pen in the real world by himself/itself.

His power comes in that he knows exactly what domino to tip things in his favor, and the fact that he's fundamental part of the universe itself. He can no more be killed than one can change the laws of conservation of mass and energy. He can't be beaten, only thwarted.

Just sayin'

Also, have we started a pool on who will be the first writer to poorly use The One Below All? Because I wanna put money on Jim Starlin.
    Because Al Ewing himself said TOBA is one the most powerful beings in Marvel, basically everything that restricts him so far is plot.

Also Jim Starlin isnt at Marvel anymore and given the kind of falling out he and Marvel had, we are unlikely to see him back ever again.