Page 113 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2204

Think that's kind of a thing with the Abomination-it's happened before. Think that's how he wound up merged with Tyrannus for a time.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

I think an interesting take on Emil might be to allow him to shapeshift his alter ego. Whereas Banner's face is infamous, Emil can be anyone. Play up his spy background

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think an interesting take on Emil might be to allow him to shapeshift his alter ego. Whereas Banner's face is infamous, Emil can be anyone. Play up his spy background
    I really hope that becomes a reality- if this Emil/Fortean abomination is used post-gamma flight, then that could happen, with Emil alternating between identities (maybe he could still take shell form, and bond to different hosts, then take their identities?)

Anyone here worried about IH ending on a low note? I haven’t particularly been enjoying the run as much as I used to since #45 to be honest- despite the nuanced formatting of #49

I just really hope that it ends neatly, and isn’t rushed, like much of Ewing’s finales to his other arcs in the series have been (especially #13 and #33)

I just hope all 80 pages are dedicated to tying up all the loose ends and not just playing with Hulk Mythology.

I love what Ewing has done, it is great, but a lot of things has been very rushed. Battle with UFOs? Rushed. Fight with Avengers? Very unsatisfying. A lot of themes has been raised but never met an actual conclusion. Remember when Bruce and Devil declared a war to the world? Yeeeeeeeeeah... it kinda went nowhere? As news reporter said "guess he was talking about Minotaur and Xemnu lol". I know Leader messed up his plans, but still. Also there was this whole "Hulk Gang movement" which I hoped will go somewhere instead of just being there. I am sorry, my English is not perfect, but do you understand what I mean? A lot of interesting subplots were just thrown into mix.

And then we got almost filler-like issues like # 49. We spent an entire issue on what could have been told in a few pages. That's what I am afraid of. I would prefer for Ewing to stay on topic. We have a lot of things to deal with. Devil. Bruce. TOBA and TOAA. Leader. Jackie's role in all of this. Hulks entire future. I wonder if Brian is going to be mentioned at all. And some smashing. Quality smashing.

I don't want to get my hopes too high. My expectations are rarely met. I want to see a banger. An EXPLOSION. The Finale you will talk about for years. But I am very, very afraid it will turn out... okay. Just okayish finale. And I don't want an okayish finale for a series like IH.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    I just hope all 80 pages are dedicated to tying up all the loose ends and not just playing with Hulk Mythology.

I love what Ewing has done, it is great, but a lot of things has been very rushed. Battle with UFOs? Rushed. Fight with Avengers? Very unsatisfying. A lot of themes has been raised but never met an actual conclusion. Remember when Bruce and Devil declared a war to the world? Yeeeeeeeeeah... it kinda went nowhere? As news reporter said "guess he was talking about Minotaur and Xemnu lol". I know Leader messed up his plans, but still. Also there was this whole "Hulk Gang movement" which I hoped will go somewhere instead of just being there. I am sorry, my English is not perfect, but do you understand what I mean? A lot of interesting subplots were just thrown into mix.

And then we got almost filler-like issues like # 49. We spent an entire issue on what could have been told in a few pages. That's what I am afraid of. I would prefer for Ewing to stay on topic. We have a lot of things to deal with. Devil. Bruce. TOBA and TOAA. Leader. Jackie's role in all of this. Hulks entire future. I wonder if Brian is going to be mentioned at all. And some smashing. Quality smashing.

I don't want to get my hopes too high. My expectations are rarely met. I want to see a banger. An EXPLOSION. The Finale you will talk about for years. But I am very, very afraid it will turn out... okay. Just okayish finale. And I don't want an okayish finale for a series like IH.
    I completely understand. Much of that mirrors my thoughts, honestly. I believe the series hit its peak for me from #1-24- very rarely do the finales of great runs much their earlier peak, but I would appreciate it if this series ends in a way that would redeem the last 5 or so issues for me, as well as surpass that previous peak.

In the end, however, the ending will not change how I feel about this series. Definitely one of the best hulk runs of all time. #1 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post

At the very least, it's understandable why Devil and Bruce going against the world was dropped, 'cause, y'know, one's dead and the other is kidnapped, the whole team that was helping him out were separated, and Joe and Savage were just surviving while trying to figure out what to do.

It's annoying we don't get to see how far they were gonna go, but again, if the pieces that would cause all of this are gone, then it's understandable it wasn't gonna continue.

Hulk movement though, yeah, was only really used for "Hey, Minotaur dude is using them to profit", which, I get the point, but, really? Kind of a waster, the most significant moment they had was that police brutality moment, which led Savage into fighting U-Foes, which's what made Joe become powered by Cosmic Rays, so there was an importance, but it could be replaced with any sort of police brutality and would reach the same result.

And then we got almost filler-like issues like # 49. We spent an entire issue on what could have been told in a few pages.
    While I'm usually the first one to bitch about a comic taking a slower pacing, I'm okay with that issue, it highlights how F4 and Hulk are opposites, to the point it's all but stated that Cosmic Rays comes from TOAA, and Jackie narrating was cool.

Of course, if IH#50 ends up being meh, then by extention IH#49 will become worse, because IH#49 is ultimately just setting up the very next issue, and a comic like that needs the next one to be good for an entire issue setting up something to be worth it.

That's what I am afraid of. I would prefer for Ewing to stay on topic. We have a lot of things to deal with. Devil. Bruce. TOBA and TOAA. Leader. Jackie's role in all of this. Hulks entire future. I wonder if Brian is going to be mentioned at all. And some smashing. Quality smashing.
    Yeah, really feels like one issue isn't gonna be enough lol.

I wonder if Devil will remain dead, would honestly kinda prefer it, 'cause I don't really trust other writers to use him as well as Ewing did lol.

Also I really want to know what's up with Green Scar and Professor, like, Leader was either disguised as, or he possessed Green Scar, I forget if which one was specified, but most likely he was possessed, but what about Professor?

Same, at this point it's wait and see.

If it ends up being okay, or even bad, then that's gonna suck, but at least we'll have a lot of nice moments with IH itself, 'cause if ending ends up not being that good, at the very least, Ewing introduced pretty interesting **** and used them very well.

Kind of wondering about the "Hulk syndrome" theory Samson brought up, which explains why those that get their gamma directly from Bruce-Samson himself, Rick (Back in the Milgrom/early PAD days) Cho and Jen lately all seem to develop a savage hulk persona despite not being as traumatized as Bruce was. That ever get further developed in Gamma Flight or anything else really?

Fantastic Member

If I had to guess Ewing's last issue will probably be like Hulk 467, PAD's last issue of his first run.

In that a LOT of time is covered and brief moments covered without going into depth possibly from the perspective of a third character (McGee) much in the way Rick served in 467.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of wondering about the "Hulk syndrome" theory Samson brought up, which explains why those that get their gamma directly from Bruce-Samson himself, Rick (Back in the Milgrom/early PAD days) Cho and Jen lately all seem to develop a savage hulk persona despite not being as traumatized as Bruce was. That ever get further developed in Gamma Flight or anything else really?
    Not in the issues of Gamma Flight that I’ve read. Honestly, it’s not Ewing’s strongest work. The whole series feels unnecessary.

Jeffrey Huet passed away. He inked a great deal of Planet Hulk as well as the IH tie-in issues to World War Hulk.

BANNED

IIRC when they declared war on the "world" they were talking about corrupt organizations like Roxxon etc.
    I think the Hulk gang movement not existing anymore makes sense because everyone's mind got wiped for a bit.
    The Namor teamup however, didn't go anywhere. I forgot what it was even about.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TCHRISJ View Post
    IIRC when they declared war on the "world" they were talking about corrupt organizations like Roxxon etc.
    I think the Hulk gang movement not existing anymore makes sense because everyone's mind got wiped for a bit.
    I think it was an attempt to tie into continuity as Namor was taking on Roxxon at the time and Hulk normally doesn't take on corporations and maybe it was to suggest he was getting info on what he was getting into?

Ewing frequently makes the eternal return to status quo a plot point. Hulk’s war on the corporate world was never going to actually change things permanently simply because Marvel always wants to be “the world outside your window”. Now there are exceptions to this rule, but the exceptions typically are allowed because they’re off doing their own thing like Hickman’s X-Men. But I believe personally that like Bruce and Hulk reconciling, which is portrayed by Ewing himself as yet another attempt at something they’ve tried and failed at repeatedly, part of the tragedy of Hulk is that he simply can’t change. “Hulk is Hulk” after all. Reminds me of Morrison’s Batman epic where “Batman & Robin will never die!” goes from a rallying call to a sad acknowledgment of the status quo. I can see “Hulk is Hulk” ending up being something similar.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #355
    “Now You See It…”

Cover Date: May 1989
    Sale Date: January 17th, 1989
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Jeff Purves
    Inker: Herb Trimpe
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Glynis Oliver
    Editor: Bobbie Chase

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Marlo Chandler, Shaper of Worlds, hallucinations of various/previous guest stars and celebrities.
    Antagonist: Glorian
    Synopsis: Bruce Banner and Marlo Chandler are taking in the sights and sounds at a Video Convention. Bruce is a little roughed up by a Freddy Krueger look-alike and he and Marlo then have a terse conversation about his half-brother “Joe Fixit”. Bruce leaves in a huff as he makes little headway in convincing Marlo that “Joe” isn’t who she thinks he is. He heads back to his penthouse, as the sun begins to set. Unknowingly, so does the gold-skinned mystery man. An undetermined amount of time later, the Hulk wakes up and mumbles “Somebody get that light off me.” This startles him awake, as he’s still the Hulk and not Banner. He walks into the dining area where three attractive women have served a banquet meal for him, compliments of Mr. Berengetti. More time passes, and a stuffed Hulk claims his >ahem< dessert with the ladies. He heads to Berengetti’s office, who announces his retirement and leaves everything to the Hulk. Flabbergasted, he slumps in the chair, only to find Ben Grimm there to light his cigar. Rick Jones appears out of the blue and is now his chauffer. They spot the Leader walking a dog across the street and run him down. They arrives at Marlo’s, who is chatting with Betty Banner! Some suggestive talk about a threesome begins but is interrupted by Bruce. The Hulk throws a fit about the interruption, which then destroys the illusion altogether. Glorian introduces himself and explains the situation, which doesn’t sit well with the Hulk. He chases Glorian across town and back to the Video Convention, where he corners him and appears to kill him…not to mention almost reveal his true identity as a shocked Marlo approaches him. She’s horrified at what’s happened and begins to realize that Bruce was right all along.
    Commentary: Herb Trimpe makes a sneaky return as inker. And the Hulk kills! Or does he? Was Glorian really dead? Faking for the public to make life miserable for the Hulk? Okay issue, just felt a little congested with random appearances for no reason. Surprisingly, I would have thought that the Hulk would have remembered “Golden Man”, as the last two appearances with him were just as frustrating for him.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHRISJ View Post
    The Hulk gang did show up recently I think, with Joe turning into Savage and blowing his cover in New York to save one of them.