Page 12 of 147 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    TOBA wants Hulk for the *next* universe, not this one.

Hulk doesn't get the big purple pants for another billion, billion years, just like Galactus
    Hulk killed Galactus and Franklin Richards way before he became the Multiversal/Omniversal force of destruction that is The Breaker of Worlds.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    That depends on who is writing them and if they nerf them or not, Aaron has nerfed Odin by explaining how his OF has weakened, but before that he still had him wrestle with a cosmic storm that was consuming entire galaxies. Skyfathers may not be on the level of Celestials or Galactus but they are FAR above heroes like Hulk.

This is pure headcannon, TOBA does not want Hulk because he can unleash some hidden power or anything like that, The Breaker of Worlds form Hulk has isn't even Hulk, he is dead even his soul is consumed it's just TOBA using his dead husk, at that point he could have overtaken Peter Parker or Leader or anyone else and achieve the same result.

I think you are reaching hard with those descriptions there.
    Actually, no, Hulk is essential and it is still Hulk's power that is being unleashed. The Hulk will outlive and outlast everything in the end, regardless of TOBA. The One Below All is just wielding him like a weapon. I'm certain even Al Ewing stated this. That's why I believe TOBA will be defeated as he has yet to take over Banner/Hulk and wield them as the ultimate weapon of Multiversal/Omniversal destruction.

We'll also see the Hulk become something that's the opposite of The Breaker of Worlds in IMMORTAL HULK at some point before this ends, as Al Ewing brought it up on several occasions.

Besides, the whole "destroy someone with a thought" I consider to be hyperbole more than anything.
    Last edited by GreenScar1990; 02-02-2021 at 09:33 PM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Hulk killed Galactus and Franklin Richards way before he became the Multiversal/Omniversal force of destruction that is The Breaker of Worlds.
    Exactly right! TOBA had never wiped out a cosmos prior to taking over Hulk. And once he did take over Hulk, he finished off the 8th Cosmos killing Franklin Richards, Galactus “and all the rest of them”. We see him devour the sentience of the cosmos at the end of 24, and in the 9th cosmos thats when it was born as Breaker of Worlds. And then it has ended ALL life in that cosmos too!

Immortal Hulk 12, TOBA came to be first seen by Brian Banner prior to Bruce’s existence. Wasnt till after Brian saw it that Rebecca became pregnant with Bruce. TOBA cant do what he does with any other being other than Hulk because of the uniqueness of Hulk and these circumstances. So a Half-Life/TOBA not capable of ending any cosmoses. Neither would Abomination/TOBA or as we may see looks like, Leader/TOBA (for a bit). HAS to have Hulk.
    Last edited by FrazettaHulk; 02-02-2021 at 11:47 PM.

BANNED

Actually, no, Hulk is essential and it is still Hulk's power that is being unleashed. The Hulk will outlive and outlast everything in the end, regardless of TOBA. The One Below All is just wielding him like a weapon. I'm certain even Al Ewing stated this. That's why I believe TOBA will be defeated as he has yet to take over Banner/Hulk and wield them as the ultimate weapon of Multiversal/Omniversal destruction.

We'll also see the Hulk become something that's the opposite of The Breaker of Worlds in IMMORTAL HULK at some point before this ends, as Al Ewing brought it up on several occasions.

Besides, the whole "destroy someone with a thought" I consider to be hyperbole more than anything.
    No it isn't, Al Ewing was asked about it on twitter when it came out and he confirmed it, there was literally nothing of Hulk left there, it's all TOBA. He is wielding him like a suit, like another being literally wearing him as a face, as i said there is nothing left of Hulk in there, he just looks like a giant Hulk that is all. Al Ewing never stated that. Obviously he will be "defeated" in some way in the end but that has nothing to do with how powerful Hulk is nor is he a weapon of "omniversal" destruction, the word omniversal was never even mentioned in relation to TOBA.

Al Ewing never brought this up either, can you show me where he said Hulk will become something opposite to The Breaker of Worlds?

You can consider it all you want, both Hulk and Pak acknowledged it, Pak was asked about the ass whooping Hulk received from Zeus and he said this

8. Some readers weren't too happy with the Hulk getting beaten up by Zeus. Any comments about that battle?

Greg Pak: I think it’s important for every character to have a limit. That was a story about the Hulk going too far. No matter how strong you are, even if you’re the strongest mortal on the planet, you can’t force the hand of God. On another level, that story was all about the Hulk going for a shortcut. He wanted

Ultimate Member

He killed them at the end of existence as the Universe was dying, and placed himself at the center of the next one. That's not a feat or condition he could duplicate with Zeus

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He killed them at the end of existence as the Universe was dying, and placed himself at the center of the next one. That's not a feat or condition he could duplicate with Zeus

At the End of Times, he states he killed Franklin 2 billion years ago. Thats roughly the current timeline going on presently. Issue 25 takes place 8 billion years after End of Times. So TOBA/Hulk’s reign of destruction has spanned 10 billion years total. And he wasnt a passive force just waiting for beings to die off. Issue 24 is pretty clear he was proactive in killing “all the rest of them.”

Joe doesn't like Spider-Man.

Good issue, even if it was mostly set up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post

I feel like we have said this a lot... and i do mean a lot so far lol.

As great as Ewings book is i think he fumbles the pacing a lot of the times, some issues feel rushed others drag out. Also he is mostly used to writing team books, so Bruce/Hulk are often times either completely or almost completely absent from their own titles, i dunno how well that works every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post

Not that surprising, considering that Spider-Man with his brief cosmic powers launched him into orbit.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Not that surprising, considering that Spider-Man with his brief cosmic powers launched him into orbit.
    Figured it was because Spidey was one of the first people to expose Joe as the Hulk.

I wouldn't mind a Joe Fixit spinoff. He's my favorite character in Immortal Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I wouldn't mind a Joe Fixit spinoff. He's my favorite character in Immortal Hulk.
    Not sure how you could considering they share a body.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It would be weird for him to return to Vegas now considering he no longer has a supporting cast.

I think Marlo showed up in Scarlet Spider a while back, in Vegas. Given all the crazy stuff going on with Rick lately it's not surprising she's stay away from her estranged husband for a while.

You'd think she'd have some interesting input on the storyline, considering how it deals with death, ressurection, the afterlife etc.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 02-03-2021 at 12:10 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member

Great issue. I wonder if the "negative gamma" X-Ray mentions will end up empowering Joe, since hes kinda operating backwards now anyway than he used to.

Glad to see the Teen Brigade coming back around, hope that plot comes back around.