Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
Both runs did forced changes, but Cates made a massive one in issue 1 itself.I'm hopeful for the run btw but still Cates entire thing here is forced change to make his story happen.
You said both runs right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
Again he didn't take IH ending into consideration.His pitch was way before IH, before it even started and he said he used the same pitch.And being traumatized vs being so f*cking evil the Hulk is the one whose protecting us is a massive change.Again we'll see what happened in El Paso.

I didn't say run. I'm saying if you disliked Ewing's stuff because it was forced then this is also forced SO FAR, if you just weren't a fan of the direction then that's another case.And again I'm saying if Banner is remotely as evil as how this portrays him(to the point that Hulk is protecting us from him) then yes it's a massive forced change.
Ewing's changes to the character were forced. Most had no precedence and it felt inorganic. Cates has written one issue wherein a lot of things have not been touched on. He's setting up a story where revelations will come about later. The way Immortal Hulk ended, Ewing closed the door and left nothing unsaid.