Page 110 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2204
    Spectacular Member Hulkbanner12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    For a super "crazy" and "exciting" run that Cates has been hyping up on twitter, saying Ryan never drew anything so insane that he wasn't even sure he would be allowed, this all sounds extremely tame and boring lol. Banner locks up Hulk and they travel into space where they are not alone... The suspense is... boring me.

Also i now know that Cates was BSing me when i asked him if this was gonna be another tired Hulk vs Banner story and he told me, that's not the case and sarcastically teased me how i must be psychic since i read his run before it came out... Yea sure thing Donny, it has to be that and not that your take on the Hulk is as predictable as the color of his pants.

Awesome Hulkpin cover at least. Anyway i predict this run going for about 15-20 issues before it gets canceled, everywhere i look people just don't seem to be into it, apart from Donny Cates own fans who never read a Hulk book in their life.

I wish you were patient enough for the book to come out first lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm still unclear. so has it been confirmed that Hulk and Banner will be physically split up again? (though of course psychically linked?)
    I'm not clear on the agenda to explore space. Is he trying to find the planet he was on for Planet Hulk?
    We don’t know, first issue or Ewing’s last will probably clarify. Right now it seems to be Banner controlling Savage’s body like how he’s down in the past. Then I guess they’re going to space for some reason.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

For a super "crazy" and "exciting" run that Cates has been hyping up on twitter, saying Ryan never drew anything so insane that he wasn't even sure he would be allowed, this all sounds extremely tame and boring lol. Banner locks up Hulk and they travel into space where they are not alone... The suspense is... boring me.

Also i now know that Cates was BSing me when i asked him if this was gonna be another tired Hulk vs Banner story and he told me, that's not the case and sarcastically teased me how i must be psychic since i read his run before it came out... Yea sure thing Donny, it has to be that and not that your take on the Hulk is as predictable as the color of his pants.

Awesome Hulkpin cover at least. Anyway i predict this run going for about 15-20 issues before it gets canceled, everywhere i look people just don't seem to be into it, apart from Donny Cates own fans who never read a Hulk book in their life.
    Yes, Raynor/Jason Nero. You ever consider waiting for the issue to drop? Both of THE IMMORTAL HULK #50 and HULK #1 before immediately throwing the run under the bus. -_-

I mean, I'm not crazy about the look either, but I doubt it'll last because if the Hulk doesn't damage it himself than more than likely a powerful antagonist will.

BANNED

I know a lot of you didn't care for Cates past treatment of Hulk in Thanos Wins and Absolute Carnage, but that's not saying he won't do HULK justice in his upcoming run. He even directly stated that he's not eliminating ANYTHING from Al Ewing's IMMORTAL HULK run

Give the guy a chance before passing judgment so swiftly. I remember a lot of people talking crap about Al Ewing when it was announced he would be writing for THE IMMORTAL HULK (many of whom are the same individuals who're now dissing Cates run immediately). And look what happened! One of the best runs on the character. The best we've had since Greg Pak's initial run that began with PLANET HULK.

Furthermore, y'all need to realize these things:

1) Thanos Wins was basically an alternate reality/universe story at best, so it holds no more ground than the numerous other potential futures.

2) People complain about Hulk jobbing to Knull-Carnage, which isn't true in the slightest. If Knull-Carnage had not attacked Savage Hulk's brain and reverted him to Banner, he was literally moments away from getting his skull ripped apart. Furthermore, the only reason it worked on Savage at all is because Devil wanted nothing to do with the symbiote nor be involved in any way. Had Knull-Carnage attacked Devil, I can bet the outcome would've been vastly different. Plus, it was Venom's event, so of course another character wasn't gonna claim victory.
    Last edited by GreenScar1990; 09-17-2021 at 09:38 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    I am not saying it can't be insane, but "wasn't sure it would be allowed", really?... You mean after Minotaur was turned into a meat goo and Bruce Banner/Hulk awful deaths and transformations?... You can't top IH's body horror.
    Yea Cates is full of it, he is the ultimate hype machine.

111.jpg

He makes it seem like he is putting stuff that's never been put into comics before lol, what a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkbanner12 View Post
    I wish you were patient enough for the book to come out first lol.
    Oh i actually am, i said i will give this first arc a try, that doesn't mean when new stuff comes out about it that i can't discuss it and so far almost nothing has been encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenScar1990 View Post
    Yes, Raynor/Jason Nero. You ever consider waiting for the issue to drop? Both of THE IMMORTAL HULK #50 and HULK #1 before immediately throwing the run under the bus. -_-

I mean, I'm not crazy about the look either, but I doubt it'll last because if the Hulk doesn't damage it himself than more than likely a powerful antagonist will.
    No offense Aaron N. Fissel but you almost exclusively care about action and feats, like who can Hulk beat up, can he be the strongest being in the universe/mutliverse/OMNIVERSE!!!! And that's fine and dandy and you are gonna get some of that from Cates most likely but i also care about the characters themselves not just the feats.

And i wonder how much your confidence in Cates is gonna hold you off before he starts pulling some of the same stuff he has been in Thor,, stuff that you care about, like where Thor needs help to beat some giant fodder beasts and when Hulk and Thor eventually fight and he has Hulk preform much worse against Thor then you expect him to.

I will give the guy a chance, that doesn't mean i have much confidence in him, because from everything i seen so far his voice for Banner is completely off, his tone is off, his voice in Hulk is so far non-existent and that worries me, he completely undoes the relationship between Hulk and Banner that Ewing was building, especially in issue 35 where Banner decided to treat Savage Hulk differently.

And if we go into your own realm, getting turned into Thanos's dog(something everyone will remember forever), getting beaten by Carnage lol and breaking his arms on Surfers face who no sold everything from him, isn't just something you can erase, it just shows how little Cates cares about the characters he has guest starring in his stories and i hate that.

BANNED

I know a lot of you didn't care for Cates past treatment of Hulk in Thanos Wins and Absolute Carnage, but that's not saying he won't do HULK justice in his upcoming run. He even directly stated that he's not eliminating ANYTHING from Al Ewing's IMMORTAL HULK run

Give the guy a chance before passing judgment so swiftly. I remember a lot of people talking crap about Al Ewing when it was announced he would be writing for THE IMMORTAL HULK (many of whom are the same individuals who're now dissing Cates run immediately). And look what happened! One of the best runs on the character. The best we've had since Greg Pak's initial run that began with PLANET HULK.

Furthermore, y'all need to realize these things:

1) Thanos Wins was basically an alternate reality/universe story at best, so it holds no more ground than the numerous other potential futures.

2) People complain about Hulk jobbing to Knull-Carnage, which isn't true in the slightest. If Knull-Carnage had not attacked Savage Hulk's brain and reverted him to Banner, he was literally moments away from getting his skull ripped apart. Furthermore, the only reason it worked on Savage at all is because Devil wanted nothing to do with the symbiote nor be involved in any way. Had Knull-Carnage attacked Devil, I can bet the outcome would've been vastly different. Plus, it was Venom's event, so of course another character wasn't gonna claim victory.
    Yea and guess what Ewing turned that all around. Whether or not Cates will turn that all around we will see but Ewing has been AMAZING when it comes to Hulk and i have given him endless credit for it even though i was apprehensive about him at first, if Cates does the same i will do the same too. Except with Ewing it started of immediately as in i liked everything i heard about his Hulk more and more as it was coming out, with Cates it's the opposite so far.

It's one of the possible futures, but it's not a completely different timeline that runs simultaneously with 616, it's not like Zombie verse or Ultimate Marvel or Exiles, etc.. It's more like Future Imperfect, where these are all still 616 characters just their future can be different depending on what happens to each of them. Ironically this future seems to include Future Imperfect too since we saw a panel of Thanos beating Maestro.

It is true, Carnage literally slammed Savage Hulk in a wall(which didn't even break) and Hulk fell to his knees and was laughing at Hulks attempts to hurt him, Hulk could or couldn't have torn his skull later on we don't know because he never got the chance to go through with it, since Carnage punked him so it's purely speculative.

This battle forum stuff is cool and all but it's also no the be all and end all of things and also anyone can come up with any kind of excuse they want about anything, but at the end of the day they are just that, excuses.

https://youtu.be/3mctJC7BENY
    https://youtu.be/_ROmBSiyk7U

I think you guys should hear this

I can say that Breaking Bad for Bruce / Hulk sounds interesting, and maybe (I mean maybe) Cates can do something that Aaron never tried - to approach the idea of ​​Bruce's fall conceptually and creatively.

BANNED

No offense Aaron N. Fissel but you almost exclusively care about action and feats, like who can Hulk beat up, can he be the strongest being in the universe/mutliverse/OMNIVERSE!!!! And that's fine and dandy and you are gonna get some of that from Cates most likely but i also care about the characters themselves not just the feats.

And i wonder how much your confidence in Cates is gonna hold you off before he starts pulling some of the same stuff he has been in Thor,, stuff that you care about, like where Thor needs help to beat some giant fodder beasts and when Hulk and Thor eventually fight and he has Hulk preform much worse against Thor then you expect him to.

I will give the guy a chance, that doesn't mean i have much confidence in him, because from everything i seen so far his voice for Banner is completely off, his tone is off, his voice in Hulk is so far non-existent and that worries me, he completely undoes the relationship between Hulk and Banner that Ewing was building, especially in issue 35 where Banner decided to treat Savage Hulk differently.

And if we go into your own realm, getting turned into Thanos's dog(something everyone will remember forever), getting beaten by Carnage lol and breaking his arms on Surfers face who no sold everything from him, isn't just something you can erase, it just shows how little Cates cares about the characters he has guest starring in his stories and i hate that.
    Literally your first sentence proves you know nothing about me. If I cared solely about feats, which are nice & fun and all that jazz but are hardly what draws me to the character, I wouldn't have been reading Hulk comics or comics in general for two decades. I mean, honestly, the way you flip-flop your opinions and such on your multiple accounts, one would assume you care solely about feats or just wanting to complain about something in general.

Besides, how do you know when Hulk/Thor clash that he's gonna make either look bad? Oh, that's right. You don't. For all you or anyone else knows he could do great things with the Hulk. We get 8 pages and you immediately dash it all down. Give it 6 issues and see where it goes.

I don't want everything that's transpired in Immortal Hulk to go away either, especially not the progression of the relationship between Banner and his Hulk alters. That would be such a waste.

I don't particularly like guest stars, especially powerful ones like Hulk or Thor or Surfer, getting mistreated in disrespectful and distasteful manners either.

I loathed Cates treatment of Galactus in Thanos Wins, Cosmic Ghost Rider and Thor. It's not as horrible as Jason Aaron's treatment of Galactus, but its definitely 2nd. But if you think about it...

It's happened to every major powerhouse, heroic or villainous, at some point. It's not right, it's distasteful and disrespectful, and we don't like it but it happens and there's nothing we can do about it! I can think of some that're worse than what Hulk endured in Absolute Carnage and Thanos Wins.

Just be thankful that Thanos Wins is just one of those alternate realities/universes and thus holds no ground on the Hulk of the 616-Universe.

Simply put, I'm going to wait and see. Regardless of what we get, nothing will be worse that the hot garbage that was Jason Aaron's run, the mediocrity of Mark Waid's run, the underwhelming run of Gerry Duggan, nor the horrible Totally Awesome Hulk run from Pak.

Nearly 8 years without a solid Hulk run after Greg Pak's initial run ended with Heart of the Monster. So count your blessings. I'll take a good/okay, fun, bombastic run from Cates over the garbage runs I've mentioned.
    Last edited by GreenScar1990; 09-18-2021 at 02:29 AM.

BANNED

I'll also say this. Donny Cates wouldn't be my first choice to follow Al Ewing's THE IMMORTAL HULK. In fact, I was secretly hoping that Kieron Gillen would finally get his chance to write a Hulk run. He'd be at the top of my list.

Kieron Gillen, Geoff Johns, Scott Snyder, Jeff Lemire, James Tyion, Chip Zdarsky.

These would be some of my top choices for writing Hulk.

Nonetheless, I'm going to give Cates a chance, be encouraging and supportive, and see where everything will go with his run.
    Last edited by GreenScar1990; 09-18-2021 at 02:45 AM.

BANNED

Literally your first sentence proves you know nothing about me. If I cared solely about feats, which are nice & fun and all that jazz but are hardly what draws me to the character, I wouldn't have been reading Hulk comics or comics in general for two decades. I mean, honestly, the way you flip-flop your opinions and such on your multiple accounts, one would assume you care solely about feats or just wanting to complain about something in general.

Besides, how do you know when Hulk/Thor clash that he's gonna make either look bad? Oh, that's right. You don't. For all you or anyone else knows he could do great things with the Hulk. We get 8 pages and you immediately dash it all down. Give it 6 issues and see where it goes.

I don't want everything that's transpired in Immortal Hulk to go away either, especially not the progression of the relationship between Banner and his Hulk alters. That would be such a waste.

I don't particularly like guest stars, especially powerful ones like Hulk or Thor or Surfer, getting mistreated in disrespectful and distasteful manners either.

I loathed Cates treatment of Galactus in Thanos Wins, Cosmic Ghost Rider and Thor. It's not as horrible as Jason Aaron's treatment of Galactus, but its definitely 2nd. But if you think about it...

It's happened to every major powerhouse, heroic or villainous, at some point. It's not right, it's distasteful and disrespectful, and we don't like it but it happens and there's nothing we can do about it! I can think of some that're worse than what Hulk endured in Absolute Carnage and Thanos Wins.

Just be thankful that Thanos Wins is just one of those alternate realities/universes and thus holds no ground on the Hulk of the 616-Universe.

Simply put, I'm going to wait and see. Regardless of what we get, nothing will be worse that the hot garbage that was Jason Aaron's run, the mediocrity of Mark Waid's run, the underwhelming run of Gerry Duggan, nor the horrible Totally Awesome Hulk run from Pak.

Nearly 8 years without a solid Hulk run after Greg Pak's initial run ended with Heart of the Monster. So count your blessings. I'll take a good/okay, fun, bombastic run from Cates over the garbage runs I've mentioned.
    I am just going by your tweets, i didn't say it's SOLELY your interest for the character either. You can absolutely read comics with these characters where you almost only care about feats, i know entire forums dedicated to people like this. What multiple accounts are you talking about? Are you confusing me with someone else? What opinions have i flip floped on exactly? Name me ONE opinion i have flip floped on?

I don't know, i just said IF, i repeat IF it ends up looking bad for Hulk i am eagerly awaiting to hear how you'll cope with that. Those 8 pages were pretty bad and i criticized them for what they are, as i said for the hundred time i will give his first arc a try and see how it goes, if it goes well i will GLADLY eat my own words, because at the end of the day i would LOVE a good Hulk run more than anything and even if someone like Aaron who i hate as a write, came tomorrow and wrote a Hulk run that is equivalent to what he wrote for Thor when he first started that run i would praise him to high heavens too.

And yet that is SEEMINGLY the first thing that goes away, because right off the bat Banner is treating Hulk like some kind of animal/weapon/vehicle and has him caged inside his mind. But we will wait and see, maybe there is a "good" explanation for it.

And i hate that too and that's what Cates does A LOT. He has characters appear in his run just to humiliate them to show of how badass his characters are, Sentry fans in particular are very pissed off at him for this, because he straight up ignored Sentry's entire character progression that Lemire did and also how Sentry's powers work just to have a "cool" scene where Knull rips him apart.

You loathe all this stuff from Cates yet you are so optimistic about his Hulk run is what baffles me honestly.

You say you will wait and see and yet you are CERTAIN it wont be as bad as these other 4 writers/runs you mentioned, how can you know that for sure?

If his run is gonna be fun, bombastic run i will be ok with that, i said that literally a few pages ago, but he wants to do something completely different with Banners character that i am not in favor of. I listened to his interviews and basically he wants to make Banner a lunatic villain that the reason Hulk exists is to protect us from Banner which is completely ridiculous, but again we shall wait and see maybe it makes more sense on paper.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenXXX View Post
    https://youtu.be/3mctJC7BENY
    https://youtu.be/_ROmBSiyk7U

I think you guys should hear this

I can say that Breaking Bad for Bruce / Hulk sounds interesting, and maybe (I mean maybe) Cates can do something that Aaron never tried - to approach the idea of ​​Bruce's fall conceptually and creatively.
    I have seen these interviews before and they are one of the main reasons why i am not so hopeful about his run. Bruce Banner is not Walter White and i DO NOT want him to go down the same arch as he did.

This could work for an alternate universe Banner or one that literally leads into Maestro in the future, but not with present Banner.

BANNED

I am just going by your tweets, i didn't say it's SOLELY your interest for the character either. You can absolutely read comics with these characters where you almost only care about feats, i know entire forums dedicated to people like this. What multiple accounts are you talking about? Are you confusing me with someone else? What opinions have i flip floped on exactly? Name me ONE opinion i have flip floped on?

I don't know, i just said IF, i repeat IF it ends up looking bad for Hulk i am eagerly awaiting to hear how you'll cope with that. Those 8 pages were pretty bad and i criticized them for what they are, as i said for the hundred time i will give his first arc a try and see how it goes, if it goes well i will GLADLY eat my own words, because at the end of the day i would LOVE a good Hulk run more than anything and even if someone like Aaron who i hate as a write, came tomorrow and wrote a Hulk run that is equivalent to what he wrote for Thor when he first started that run i would praise him to high heavens too.

And yet that is SEEMINGLY the first thing that goes away, because right off the bat Banner is treating Hulk like some kind of animal/weapon/vehicle and has him caged inside his mind. But we will wait and see, maybe there is a "good" explanation for it.

And i hate that too and that's what Cates does A LOT. He has characters appear in his run just to humiliate them to show of how badass his characters are, Sentry fans in particular are very pissed off at him for this, because he straight up ignored Sentry's entire character progression that Lemire did and also how Sentry's powers work just to have a "cool" scene where Knull rips him apart.

You loathe all this stuff from Cates yet you are so optimistic about his Hulk run is what baffles me honestly.

You say you will wait and see and yet you are CERTAIN it wont be as bad as these other 4 writers/runs you mentioned, how can you know that for sure?

If his run is gonna be fun, bombastic run i will be ok with that, i said that literally a few pages ago, but he wants to do something completely different with Banners character that i am not in favor of. I listened to his interviews and basically he wants to make Banner a lunatic villain that the reason Hulk exists is to protect us from Banner which is completely ridiculous, but again we shall wait and see maybe it makes more sense on paper.
    I disliked some of his work, but not everything.

I loved his Dr. Strange and Venom runs. I enjoyed Thanos Wins for the most part. I really enjoyed his Prey arc of Thor, yet greatly disliked the 1st arc. I didn't enjoy his Cosmic Ghost Rider, Inhumans, or Guardians of the Galaxy runs.

Do I think Cates run will be as horrible as the 4 Hulk runs that came before Al Ewing came along with Immortal Hulk?

I highly doubt anything could be as bad as those.

Nonetheless, we shall just have to wait and see if Cates delivers. If I had a choice of which writer would be given the reins to Hulk after Al Ewing's epic run, it'd been Kieron Gillen.
    Last edited by GreenScar1990; 09-18-2021 at 04:21 AM.

I'll also say this. Donny Cates wouldn't be my first choice to follow Al Ewing's THE IMMORTAL HULK. In fact, I was secretly hoping that Kieron Gillen would finally get his chance to write a Hulk run. He'd be at the top of my list.

Kieron Gillen, Geoff Johns, Scott Snyder, Jeff Lemire, James Tyion, Chip Zdarsky.

These would be some of my top choices for writing Hulk.

Nonetheless, I'm going to give Cates a chance, be encouraging and supportive, and see where everything will go with his run.
    Gillen? Really? Interesting choice, Gillen has done some great work but he’s not at all someone I thought would be a good fit for Hulk.

I think Cates will let Hulk do some cool stuff and unless it’s absolutely godawful the way it became after Pak up until Ewing took over, I’ll keep reading. I expect Cates to do alright but not great, his biggest flaw is that he’s shallow. He reminds me of Scott Snyder “big bombastic storytelling” that often forgets to include any actual substance beneath the spectacle. Going from Ewing to him will be jarring to say the least, but I’m up for a big dumb fun Hulk run as long as it entertains me.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Gillen? Really? Interesting choice, Gillen has done some great work but he’s not at all someone I thought would be a good fit for Hulk.

I think Cates will let Hulk do some cool stuff and unless it’s absolutely godawful the way it became after Pak up until Ewing took over, I’ll keep reading. I expect Cates to do alright but not great, his biggest flaw is that he’s shallow. He reminds me of Scott Snyder “big bombastic storytelling” that often forgets to include any actual substance beneath the spectacle. Going from Ewing to him will be jarring to say the least, but I’m up for a big dumb fun Hulk run as long as it entertains me.
    Kind of ironic when Ewing took over GoTG from him.

Ultimate Member

I watched the interview and it sounds like Cates is going to write a very unlikeable Hulk.

This is a problem I have with modern writers, they seem to have forgotten nuance. Now that we saw Devil Hulk kill (not the first time Hulk has taken a life before), it seems we are going to get a Banner controlled Hulk that kills people.

The Hulk has always been misunderstood and his actions misconstrued. A Bruce Banner “breaking bad” with the Hulk sounds good in a self-contained story but in the main title could be problematic down the line.