Page 1 of 147 123451151101 ... LastLast

Default Bruce Banner - The Hulk Appreciation 2021

Happy New Year Hulk fans!

Next Immortal Hulk issue:

My top 2 favorite Immortal Hulk issues of 2020:

Last year wasn’t great overall, but how appropriate that it was pretty great for Hulk! 2021 may end up being the last year of Ewing’s Immortal Hulk run, so I think we’ve got some more great Hulk content to look forward to.

Happy New Year to the Strongest One There Is .

I wonder will there be a "Enter the Hulk-iverse" component where different good-leaning Hulks from dimensions are recruited (by 616 Bruce? Joe?) to come and fight against the Leader and all the other outright malevolent forces that are currently in play. They could bring in some folks like the Ferrigno Hulk, who is physically weaker than many (based on his stunts; but he's simply never been challenged by a comics-scale threat) but presumably not corrupted by the One Below All.. The "Rampaging Hulk Magazine" version (that was originally retconned into Bereet's movies) who had all the Classic Savage strength and skills would help. Also Professor Hulk when he was first merged, before his personalities began to splinter again. He could be another ally. The MCU Hulk could be an ally as well.
    Last edited by Hypestyle; 01-01-2021 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This cover covering the history of Hulk is so gorgeous. Is that top right picture of one of the worlds he went to after Dr. Strange trapped him in limbo?
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wonder will there be a "Enter the Hulk-iverse" component where different good-leaning Hulks from dimensions are recruited (by 616 Bruce? Joe?) to come and fight against the Leader and all the other outright malevolent forces that are currently in play. They could bring in some folks like the Ferrigno Hulk, who is physically weaker than many (based on his stunts; but he's simply never been challenged by a comics-scale threat) but presumably not corrupted by the One Below All.. The "Rampaging Hulk Magazine" version (that was originally retconned into Bereet's movies) who had all the Classic Savage strength and skills would help. Also Professor Hulk when he was first merged, before his personalities began to splinter again. He could be another ally. The MCU Hulk could be an ally as well.
    I don’t think Ewing will bring in the Multiverse, but I could see him bringing up some dormant Hulk personalities like the Professor. The Professor is the last personality on the list from way back when who hasn’t shown up yet.

BANNED

I don’t think Ewing will bring in the Multiverse, but I could see him bringing up some dormant Hulk personalities like the Professor. The Professor is the last personality on the list from way back when who hasn’t shown up yet.
    Technically the Green Scar hasn't shown up yet either.

I am not sure if we will get to see them all in the end, but my guess is we probably will.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Cover Date: April 1984
    Sale Date: January 10th, 1984
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Gerry Talaoc
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Ann Nocenti

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Kate Waynesboro, Max Stryker, the Douglas family,
    Villain: Boomerang
    Synopsis: Open to a nice splash of the criminal Boomerang flying to his destination, which happens to be the penthouse of an aging, dying gangster named Max Stryker. He’s dying of cancer and only Bruce Banner’s latest gamma cure can help him. Speaking of whom, Bruce and Kate Waynesboro are testing said-gamma cure on a dying family pet. Moments later, barring the green fur, the dog appears to be completely healed. The family is ecstatic and Bruce and Kate intend to celebrate. Banner heads for the shower and is attacked by a nightmarish Hulk apparition as Boomerang arrives and kidnaps Kate. A piercing scream startles Banner back to reality and he transforms into the Hulk and heads back to the lab. Boomerang is able to hold him off with the use of his gravity-rang and topples some machinery on top of him as a delaying tactic. Stryker arrives and sends Boomerang on his way. The Hulk breaks free and the old man confronts him, pleading his case for a cure in exchange for Kate’s safe return. Banner reluctantly agrees, and just like with the dog earlier, Stryker is cancer free and sporting green skin. Happily he gives Banner his penthouse address and the Hulk leaps away. As he lands inside Central Park, an alien construct compels him to “head towards the light” and he disappears…
    Commentary: Good story, and great art. Sal is really starting to kick up a notch in terms of new visuals. His quiet moments have some new life brought to them, and the action stuff is kicking up a notch. Sal has stated his love for Talaoc's inks and I think it's starting to inspire his work. (Or it was something Mantlo had said to him.) The Hulk’s story continues on in the first issue of Secret Wars and readers will have to wait an entire year to know what happens, especially after reading the next issue.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

The BestOf 2020 Awards for r/comicbooks!

Best Writer: Al Ewing

Best Marvel Series: Immortal Hulk

Best Story Arc: Hulk vs. Late Stage Capitalism from The Immortal Hulk #26-33

https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...nt_to_you_the/

So I recently read Daredevil Yellow as part of a big dive into Daredevil that I’m doing. I loved it, thought it was one of Loeb’s best works. I’ve read Spider-Man Blue as well, would you guys say Hulk Gray is good and worth a read as well?

So I recently read Daredevil Yellow as part of a big dive into Daredevil that I’m doing. I loved it, thought it was one of Loeb’s best works. I’ve read Spider-Man Blue as well, would you guys say Hulk Gray is good and worth a read as well?
    It's ok. It's alright.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    This cover covering the history of Hulk is so gorgeous. Is that top right picture of one of the worlds he went to after Dr. Strange trapped him in limbo?
    They're sort of part of the Hulk's mindscape; basically Banner was "mentally" dead during the Crossroads saga and Demon, Guardian and Glow were basically him split into three or something like that. They "merged" to reawaken Banner during the issue that revealed Banner's past.

They also had a brief cameo during the Paul Jenkins run in one of the Devil Hulk issues when DH tried to trap Bruce in the mindscape using his dreams.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Marvel Comics Best of 2020: Year in Review

ARTIST OF THE YEAR: JOE BENNETT

BOOK OF THE YEAR: THE IMMORTAL HULK!!

https://weirdsciencemarvelcomics.com...ear-in-review/

Cover Recreation

The best new comics to read in January: What does the future hold?

Immortal Hulk #42 (Marvel)

It's all been leading to this — well, some of it, anyway. Forty issues in, it's clear that Immortal Hulk is one of those superhero sagas comic fans will be talking about for a long time. Writer Al Ewing, artist Joe Bennett, and their other collaborators have forged a grand synthesis of the Hulk's entire history and mythology. Almost every character Bruce Banner has ever encountered (and every character he's ever been) has showed up so far, with the rest surely yet to come.

But Immortal Hulk has been extremely patient in rolling out the Hulk's signature supervillain. Little by little, we've seen hints of what the Leader has been up to: capturing the alien butterfly from the future warning of the Breaker of the Worlds, pulling off a coup in Hell to take control of the Green Door between life and death, and telepathically manipulating Hulk's close ally Rick Jones. Now we get to see what it was all for in an issue boasting a truly incredible cover from Alex Ross… after which we'll find out what else Ewing and Bennett have in store.

Immortal Hulk #42 is in stores Jan. 13.

https://ew.com/books/best-new-comics...tainmentweekly

So with Ross back as the Red Hulk it seems that Doc Green's "cure" never really worked in the first place at all (Pretty much like all Hulk cures). We've had Ross, Rick (well, his body at least, if not his mind necessarily), and Betty all repowered, and generally without too much new gamma radiation (with the sorta) exception of Rick. Wonder if Ewing might bring that up at some point, he's pretty good with Hulk history. Also makes me wonder if Skaar is due for an appearance within the next eight or so issues.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth