Page 80 of 147 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 2204

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Does She-Hulk have mythology of her own? I just saw her as a Hulk spinoff and a lot of her villians overlap with Hulk and the other heroes.

She's had a few monthlies which are largely disconnected from the Hulk mythos (although ocassionally the Leader has shown up, or lesser known Hulk villains like the Circus of Crime, Xemnu, Toad Men etc), mainly focusing on either her law practice or involvement with the Avengers. Also her Avengers adventures where she normally shows up if she doesn't have a monthly normally don't involve Bruce that much.

The last decade or so has seen her drawn more into Bruce's world though-she was part of the cast of "Incredible Hulks", was in the Red Hulk title for at least it's first few issues etc.

No Road Home was pretty good but I think it's more of a Hercules/Scarlet Witch story with Hulk more of a side character.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    She's had a few monthlies which are largely disconnected from the Hulk mythos (although ocassionally the Leader has shown up, or lesser known Hulk villains like the Circus of Crime, Xemnu, Toad Men etc), mainly focusing on either her law practice or involvement with the Avengers. Also her Avengers adventures where she normally shows up if she doesn't have a monthly normally don't involve Bruce that much.

The last decade or so has seen her drawn more into Bruce's world though-she was part of the cast of "Incredible Hulks", was in the Red Hulk title for at least it's first few issues etc.

No Road Home was pretty good but I think it's more of a Hercules/Scarlet Witch story with Hulk more of a side character.
    OK. Since her origin is connected to the Hulk, maybe they are leaning that for the first season? They might change it for the subsequent seasons.

Wonder how they'll handle it. The blood transfusion origin actually kind of makes a bit more sense given the MCU Hulk's origins, which are far more biochemical in nature than most of his comic counterparts.

She also has some father issues, but compared to her cousin and Betty they're practically nothing.....

Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder View Post
    Thank you; Dinosaur Hulk, ChrisIII, the illustrious mr. kenway, Vordan, and Snoop Dogg for the information! It was much appreciated.

I have taken the initiative in ordering the hardback of Avengers No Surrender, but not No Road Home to be perfectly honest. Does the Immortal Hulk make significant appearances in that arc?

Also, can you or anyone else care to speculate on the possibility that in the near future, there might be a Immortal Hulk Omnibus, or thick multi volume TPB release of the Ewing Immortal Hulk run, along with the various one-shots included? Kinda like in a Epic Collection format? Or is it more probable that the Immortal Hulk one shots are going to be collected in a trade of their own?

I really don't have a preference in a omnibus or trade (either/or works for me), but by only having the Ewing main Immortal Hulk title collected, I apparently wouldn't be getting the full scope of the story. Especially so considering some of the Immortal Hulk one shots are rather consequential, or at the very least, enjoyable.

Thanks again.
    1) You can skip No Road Home if you want, there's nothing TOO important happening there, I just think it was pretty enjoyable. If you like No Surrender, might as well pick this one too) Hulk's role is not that big but I liked some of the stuff he said and did x) Especially his chat with Hawkeye.

2) One could only speculate. I am 99 % sure Ewing's Omnibus will come out and it's probably going to include all the one-shots he has written too + Avengers # 684. Not so sure about TPBs though- maybe few years later?

Back for noon feeding The Shredder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    1) You can skip No Road Home if you want, there's nothing TOO important happening there, I just think it was pretty enjoyable. If you like No Surrender, might as well pick this one too) Hulk's role is not that big but I liked some of the stuff he said and did x) Especially his chat with Hawkeye.

2) One could only speculate. I am 99 % sure Ewing's Omnibus will come out and it's probably going to include all the one-shots he has written too + Avengers # 684. Not so sure about TPBs though- maybe few years later?
    Thank you again, and especially so on the "No Road Home" info. I was planning on skipping it, but may very well pick that one as well.

Given what you stated, I'll probably just wait for the omnibus now. I was leaning slightly towards tpbs, but not having the one shots collected, thus far, in that format really drives down the appeal for me. As I wouldn't be getting the "full" story by non voluntarily skipping those said issues.

I really wanted to get into this run, asap, but unfortunately I guess it'll have wait until the release of the omnibus so I can get the full scope with the additional one shots finally collected. Just have to be patient.

BANNED

I would advise to check No Surrender it's technically the first appearance of Immortal Hulk under Ewing and it does give you some hints about the green door as well as sets the tone for the character, like he is brutal as he doesn't really spare the heroes much.

I picked up my comics yesterday and read the latest Immortal Hulk. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard as when Bruce asked Blade if he could fly like a bat and threw him off that building!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Fantastic Member

https://monkeysfightingrobots.co/mar...amma-flight-1/

Gamma Flight #1 preview, pretty darn excited for it!

Puny Bug SMASHES Hulk through the logo in another gorgeous cover recreation by Bennett. It's going to be variant for # 49.
    203713793_792249811435239_8503304514877933239_n.jpg
    Last edited by Dinosaur Hulk; 06-20-2021 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shredder View Post
    Also, can you or anyone else care to speculate on the possibility that in the near future, there might be a Immortal Hulk Omnibus, or thick multi volume TPB release of the Ewing Immortal Hulk run, along with the various one-shots included? Kinda like in a Epic Collection format? Or is it more probable that the Immortal Hulk one shots are going to be collected in a trade of their own?
    He mentioned in some interview that the one-shots will probably be collected in their own trade, possibly named Immortal Hulk Apocrypha.

Puny Bug SMASHES Hulk through the logo in another gorgeous cover recreation by Bennett. It's going to be variant for # 49.
    203713793_792249811435239_8503304514877933239_n.jpg
    Kind of fitting I think, as I think it's generally confirmed that the current incarnation is the Joe Fixit persona, just not Gray this time, and he was on the original cover.

Also Joe still has a grudge about the whole getting thrown into space thing, at least I think that's inferred by the Absolute Carnage issue where although Bruce was using Joe more to get around incognito, he was just Bruce for the meeting with Spider-Man because Joe "doesn't like you at all". At least I think it is since Ewing definitely knows his Hulk history.

The only other meeting between the two I think was when they were on the new FF together but I think that might've been before?

I managed to snag Planet and WWH from the comixology sale.
    Also got a couple of PAD'S trades.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Spectacular Member

No. The fight were Spidey knocked Gray Hulk into orbit happened first, since Gray Hulk was just going by “Hulk”, and hadn’t “Became” Joe. If I had to guess, I would say that this encounter takes place during the very beginning of PAD’s run; basically those filler issues where he and Bruce were just wandering from town to town, a la the bill Bixby Hulk tv show. Right before the “Ground Zero” storyline properly begins.

Gray Hulk and Spider-Man’s next encounter during the “ New Fantastic Four “ storyline takes place during the Mr. Fixit adventures, as Gray Hulk as fully adopted his Joe alias by this point.

I actually would like for this Joe to team-up with Spidey but that's not gonna happen, sadly.
    Last edited by Dinosaur Hulk; 06-20-2021 at 08:40 PM.