Page 108 of 147 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2204
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    Oh, good. Someone else we can cancel, cast stones at, and deprive them of making a living with their passion.
    You mean after Marvel gave him multiple opportunities despite his past controversies?

You mean after Marvel accepted his apology despite him slipping antisemitic imagery into his work WITHOUT anyone’s knowledge at Marvel?

That’s an automatic firing in any profession.

Please don’t try to make this about “cancel culture”, that doesn’t apply here at all.

If Wolverine is getting a game, can Hulk get one? Need Insomniac to do it so there’s a chance it’s MCU synergy free. Can’t understand why no one has followed up on the foundation Ultimate Destruction laid.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

The Bennett stuff was as expected, it's a shame his idiocy tainted the series as it did. Anyway time to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Not even Stegman could make this look exciting. He just looks so goofy, which maybe wouldn't be a problem if this was another Doc Green story, basically nerd Hulk but Cates promises this is the angriest Hulk has ever been and that Banner is gonna go through some serious trauma and then he reveals something this dorky lol.

Honestly just lose the helmet, leave the jetpack since he needs it to travel through space and i will be "fine" with the look.

Mighty Member

Can someone show me the artwork that got Joe Bennett fired?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gripstir View Post
    Can someone show me the artwork that got Joe Bennett fired?
    It's in the Bleeding Cool article.

As for cancelling, he can still do commissions and as we've seen with Ethan van Sciver there's an audience that will support creators like them.

It just won't be at Marvel which is their right to decide.

Fantastic Member

Oh, good. Someone else we can cancel, cast stones at, and deprive them of making a living with their passion.
    I'm sure you feel it was cancel culture when Ardian Syaf was fired off X-Men Gold too.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Not even Stegman could make this look exciting.
    Exactly my thoughts. Great art, awful design. What next, they gonna give him a laser gun?

It's not even the Hulk. It is literally a living Robot Hulk controlled by Bruce. The helmet is a control panel.
    The Real Hulk (I guess) is hidden somewhere inside.
    I don't know how it works, but it's interesting.

I likе design.

Dude got caught being bad and he's gone.

Not sure how to feel about Land.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Dude got caught being bad and he's gone.

Not sure how to feel about Land.
    It's gotta sting to be replaced by the horny king of tracing himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    If Wolverine is getting a game, can Hulk get one? Need Insomniac to do it so there’s a chance it’s MCU synergy free. Can’t understand why no one has followed up on the foundation Ultimate Destruction laid.
    There's some speculation he might appear in the Wolverine game, but it's mainly based on an Easter egg that has the number of the issue in which Wolverine debuts.

Speaking of which:

https://www.cbr.com/wolverine-kills-...ulk-joe-fixit/ This doesn't seem like a flashback but it seems a bit odd, Joe didn't get a Hulk body back until recently (and it's a 'new' one, green instead of grey). Non-canon? Haven't read the story myself.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 09-10-2021 at 01:18 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    There's some speculation he might appear in the Wolverine game, but it's mainly based on an Easter egg that has the number of the issue in which Wolverine debuts.

Speaking of which:

https://www.cbr.com/wolverine-kills-...ulk-joe-fixit/ This doesn't seem like a flashback but it seems a bit odd, Joe didn't get a Hulk body back until recently (and it's a 'new' one, green instead of grey). Non-canon? Haven't read the story myself.
    The story was written by someone else who obviously didn't know all the rules or what Ewing was planning to do in Immortal Hulk, also that article is pure clickbait, Wolverine didn't kill any Hulk there, Hulk transformed back to Banner because the Sun came up and Wolverine stabbed Banner in the head while saying "can't kill what wont die, you can get your revenge tonight" and just caries him away from Krakoa.

As for the Hulk appearing in the Wolverine game, that wont happen, so don't get your hopes up for no reason.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    You mean after Marvel gave him multiple opportunities despite his past controversies?

You mean after Marvel accepted his apology despite him slipping antisemitic imagery into his work WITHOUT anyone’s knowledge at Marvel?

That’s an automatic firing in any profession.

Please don’t try to make this about “cancel culture”, that doesn’t apply here at all.
    You don't get to tell me what to do.

Marvel's decision isn't necessarily about cancel culture. But the reaction by crowds of people on social media who would like to see every defendant they don't believe suffer & end up in poverty IS about cancel culture.

Judging people without due process, and wanting to punish them with the loss of employment, IS about cancel culture.

Further, wanting people to suffer because they SAID things - as opposed to attacking someone else - is also a large part of Cancel Culture.

Ultimate Member

You don't get to tell me what to do.

Marvel's decision isn't necessarily about cancel culture. But the reaction by crowds of people on social media who would like to see every defendant they don't believe suffer & end up in poverty IS about cancel culture.

Judging people without due process, and wanting to punish them with the loss of employment, IS about cancel culture.

Further, wanting people to suffer because they SAID things - as opposed to attacking someone else - is also a large part of Cancel Culture.
    This isn’t a case of cancel culture.

You’re trying very hard to spin this into what it’s not.

There’s a discussion to be had on cancel culture but Joe Bennett isn’t a victim of this phenomenon. Not after Marvel continued to work with him despite his crappy behavior in the past and folks on social media talking about it. It literally got to the point that his own co-creator couldn’t work with him anymore.
    Last edited by Username taken; 09-10-2021 at 09:39 PM.