Page 10 of 147 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast

hmmm, for another Hulk run (that hasn't been listed) Incredible Hulks (2010) by Greg Pak.

It goes into more detail about Red She-Hulk and Hulk's relationship, and has Hulk in a father roll, but it also takes place after Planet Hulk, WW Hulk and the like. So you'd have to slug it out through his run if you don't want to skip ahead. And honestly I found it slow down a bit towards the middle.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalHulk View Post
    Not gonna lie, this sounds really promising lol I'll check this out tomorrow!

Yeah totally forgot about Juggernaut. Read that one.

Well it doesn't have to be horror-like, it can be just something sharing the same atmosphere or character exploration. Sorry in advance, English is not my first language so sometimes my messages can be hard to understand, but I swear I am trying my best! ^^

As I said, Jenkins's run was pretty good in my book (too bad it was too short). I also liked Planet Hulk/World War Hulk, Hulk:Gray and Hulk:The End.

I know PAD's Hulk is essential and all-time classic, but boy oh boy, it's long... is that 150 issues or so? I'll probably read it but later on.

I've been thinking about getting back to Greg Pak's run. I dropped it years ago because I just couldn't make sense of the chronology at the time. Hulk destroying Vegas-> Illuminati send Hulk on Sakaar-> Planet Hulk -> World War Hulk? Okay, that's pretty easy to follow. But then there was Red Hulk, Fall of the Hulks, World War Hulks, Hulk's children (I guess there are 2 of them?), so I kinda got lost in collected editions/reading order. It was that time when I had a pretty bad Internet connection and very little knowledge about huge world of comics- to put it simply, I've just read everything that was published in my country and tried to wrap my head around the rest.

What about Bruce Jones's run, is it any good? Maybe there are other great Hulk comic books, unknown to me?
    You can't go wrong with the classic Bill Mantlo & Sal Buscema run which paved the way for a lot of what PAD would do.

Bruce Jones' run had a promising start, with about 1 year or so of good stories, but it went downhill!

I was wondering if, after the Hulk is whole again, there'll be changes to the system of alters and their dynamics.

I'll occasionally be posting some great Hulk art:

great art.

Now that Hulk is Immortal, has he fought any deities besides Thor? I want to see a rematch vs. Zeus. Seems like the last time around was really imbalanced (Mr. Pak was the writer).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    great art.

Now that Hulk is Immortal, has he fought any deities besides Thor? I want to see a rematch vs. Zeus. Seems like the last time around was really imbalanced (Mr. Pak was the writer).
    Immortal or not, I don't see it going any better

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    great art.

Not really, unless you count his short scrap with Hercules and Jane Thor and killing Hypnos and fighting Nyx briefly.

That said there is no reason for Hulk to rematch Zeus, he has no motivation to fight him and it's ok for Hulk to lose some fights and not rematch the person.

Especially in this case, people forget that Zeus is a Skyfather on par with Odin who has destroyed entire galaxies, hell recently someone asked a writer back when the Chaos War event was going and he confirmed that Zeus used his own power to bring down Galactus. Immortal Hulk who can't even destroy planets let alone galaxies has no business fighting him, Pak pretty much confirmed in an interview that he can't beat him but that he at least did better than any other hero would in his shoes.

God I hope Bennet’s Leader redesign sticks, it’s so damn good.

You know who hasn’t drawn enough Hulk despite being damn good at it? Oliver Copiel. Ewing needs to get him to do an issue if Bennet needs a breather before his run is up. Either that or some variants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Not really, unless you count his short scrap with Hercules and Jane Thor and killing Hypnos and fighting Nyx briefly.

That said there is no reason for Hulk to rematch Zeus, he has no motivation to fight him and it's ok for Hulk to lose some fights and not rematch the person.

Especially in this case, people forget that Zeus is a Skyfather on par with Odin who has destroyed entire galaxies, hell recently someone asked a writer back when the Chaos War event was going and he confirmed that Zeus used his own power to bring down Galactus. Immortal Hulk who can't even destroy planets let alone galaxies has no business fighting him, Pak pretty much confirmed in an interview that he can't beat him but that he at least did better than any other hero would in his shoes.
    Not saying that Hulk should get a rematch with Zeus or anything but current Zeus is nowhere near past Zeus in power. He got his powers and other God's powers stolen by Quill. Heck it seems like skyfathers in general are way weaker, I mean Thor is supposed to be skyfather because of the odin/thor force but it seems like only his existing powers were amped. He hasn't really done anything with that showcases the power.

Also in the upcoming Immortal Hulk issue it seems like he can't beat Hulk and team even with help.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHRISJ View Post
    Not saying that Hulk should get a rematch with Zeus or anything but current Zeus is nowhere near past Zeus in power. He got his powers and other God's powers stolen by Quill. Heck it seems like skyfathers in general are way weaker, I mean Thor is supposed to be skyfather because of the odin/thor force but it seems like only his existing powers were amped. He hasn't really done anything with that showcases the power.

Also in the upcoming Immortal Hulk issue it seems like he can't beat Hulk and team even with help.
    Thor in his solo book: I am the All-Father, I fight on the whole different level, I stop threats that can destroy the entire galaxies
    Thor in Avengers/ any other books: help I am being beaten by Moon Knight :c

All jokes aside, sometimes Thor is written so weak, like he's not the God but just some pretty strong dude like Spider-Man. Some authors came up with excuses to do so... others just don't care.
    In Hulk issue I guess he's not fighting full-power (because he doesn't want to kill him), but still- Thor should be powerful enough to stop him.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TCHRISJ View Post

Well that makes it even more pointless, fighting a foe that's weakened greatly is pointless and Skyfathers have been weaker because Cates absolutely SUCKS at portraying power levels, Aaron loves to humiliate Thor and other writers aren't even aware that Thor currently has the OF.

Well that's because of how Ewing personally views the Hulk/Thor dynamic, he has already said on twitter that he wanted to put the old rivalry to rest and answer the question for good on who beats who, which is weird honestly because i have no idea why he thought one fight is gonna answer that question, Thor and Hulk are gonna fight many more times in the future and who beats who will depend on who writes it and who they want to win, not because Al Ewing "permanently" answered the question to that in Immortal Hulk #7.

With that said Hulk vs Thor should always be a 50/50 unless either is amped or weakened.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post

Zeus bringing down Galactus in a scrap is pure vs. Galactus has humbled multiple skyfathers at once.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Zeus bringing down Galactus in a scrap is pure vs. Galactus has humbled multiple skyfathers at once.
    Exactly and IIRC Galactus addressed this, he said something along the lines of No mere skyfather could shrug off one of my blows that easily. So I'm not buying that one