Page 102 of 147 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 2204
    Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

I'm going to be a bit optimistic for a moment, but what if it's just Bruce: The Nihilist? I.e Bruce realizes that the dead 9th cosmos scenario is inevitable and he's trying to do everything to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I'm going to be a bit optimistic for a moment, but what if it's just Bruce: The Nihilist? I.e Bruce realizes that the dead 9th cosmos scenario is inevitable and he's trying to do everything to stop it.
    I honestly don’t see Cates following up Ewing’s concepts that strongly. Has anyone ever done anything with Ewing’s stuff after he’s left? Obviously Immortal Hulk is a unique case being the most popular thing he’s done thus far.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Sometimes I wonder if writers are lurking here / on Reddit to see what readers think about them.
    If they do, I am really sorry. They could be the most beautiful and intelligent people on Earth but sometimes their stories just don't work.
    Take, for example, Donny Cates. He has pretty interesting ideas. I am serious, really liked some of his Venom and Thor stuff + God County is great. But a lot of his stories are... too predictable and too boring. Build-up is much cooler than pay-off. Reading his comics feels like watching a bad tv-show- it promises something very, very cool later, hooks you up with cliffhangers at the end of every episode, but feels pretty generic and flops the ending.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    I am 99%... nah actually 100% certain it's not that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I honestly don’t see Cates following up Ewing’s concepts that strongly. Has anyone ever done anything with Ewing’s stuff after he’s left? Obviously Immortal Hulk is a unique case being the most popular thing he’s done thus far.
    I don't see him following Ewings concepts at all and that's what i dislike, like even the solicitations the first thing they say "IMMORTAL NO MORE!", like i get that this could just be the title change but if Cates actually retcones Hulk being immortal... and yes i know it's possible that Immortal Hulk could end with Ewing taking away that immortality though i think that's a very low chance, seeing as Ewing went WAY out of his way to retcon every time Hulk/Banner died in the past including literally retconning that he indeed did die in his first ever issue to establish that he came back only because he is immortal, i think that concept is here to stay unless Cates screws us over.
    Also as far as i know, no one really follows up on the stuff Ewings done, which is a shame because Ewing is the exact opposite and makes sure he credits and follows up on any idea that the past writers had.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if writers are lurking here / on Reddit to see what readers think about them.
    If they do, I am really sorry. They could be the most beautiful and intelligent people on Earth but sometimes their stories just don't work.
    Take, for example, Donny Cates. He has pretty interesting ideas. I am serious, really liked some of his Venom and Thor stuff + God County is great. But a lot of his stories are... too predictable and too boring. Build-up is much cooler than pay-off. Reading his comics feels like watching a bad tv-show- it promises something very, very cool later, hooks you up with cliffhangers at the end of every episode, but feels pretty generic and flops the ending.
    Well a few certainly do, doubt Cates does tbh. I don't dislike the guy at all, in fact i think he is a very likeable person but you can tell he has a really big ego about himself, he always fights with people on twitter over the dumbest stuff. I do agree that the climax of his stories is very lacking but honestly that's the case with most writers... I love Ewing but the climax of most of his Immortal Hulk arcs have been a let down. He builds them up perfectly and then it kinda falls apart in the end.

But as i said as long as Cates stays away from retconning stuff/destroying Hulks/Banners character ala Thor/Aaron style and just gives me lots of mindless smashing i will give him a pass, that's about the lowest bar i can set for him and myself.

BANNED

There are some new previews of Hulk fighting Hulkbuster for the millionth time, Tony is a genius that's why he keeps trying to beat Hulk using the one thing that's failed him every time. Also Hulk has a new look that reminds me too much of Indestructible Hulk, except a lot goofier.

https://www.gamesradar.com/hulk-1-pr...s-ryan-ottley/

Yeah not feeling Hulk’s new look lol. You’d think Tony would realize how useless all his “(x)buster” armors are, I don’t think he’s ever built a single one that worked. Art looks great at least.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    There are some new previews of Hulk fighting Hulkbuster for the millionth time, Tony is a genius that's why he keeps trying to beat Hulk using the one thing that's failed him every time. Also Hulk has a new look that reminds me too much of Indestructible Hulk, except a lot goofier.

Looks like a he-man character lmao

BANNED

Well I already hate the suit, he has a jetpack? Are you kidding me? Anyways, it seems like Banner is controlling Hulk's body using that helmet.

Yes, it looks like Bruce drives the Hulk, while the Hulk is locked somewhere and trying to get out.
    What have you done Bruce.

BANNED

What Bruce has done is apparently have a midlife crisis, where we ignore all the character development he and Hulk have had so far and now he treats Hulk the same as he did in Indestructible Hulk, except this time he wont use him to fight bad guys but to go and explore space....

Bruce Banner is Jeff Bezos now, except poor.

Going a bit OTT but with Marvel Cinematic pretty much obviously going the multiverse route I wonder what this means for the Hulk. A live-action Maestro/Future Imperfect perhaps in some form? The smart Hulk playing the Doc Green role in an adaptation of TIME RUNS OUT?

And yeah, that preview does seem kind of weird. Especially Bruce looking pretty much like a Star Trek captain. Hulk with armor can work if it's like a Green scar look, but high-tech does come as silly.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 08-24-2021 at 01:04 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Going a bit OTT but with Marvel Cinematic pretty much obviously going the multiverse route I wonder what this means for the Hulk. A live-action Maestro/Future Imperfect perhaps in some form? The smart Hulk playing the Doc Green role in an adaptation of TIME RUNS OUT?
    Hulks future in live action is pretty much non-existent, he will appear in She-Hulk where he will get killed off and either She-Hulk herself or Amadeus Cho will replace him, maybe in 20-30 years we will see him again although by then i doubt comic book movies will be half as popular as now so probably not. Either way we wont ever see Maestro/Future Imperfect stuff and definitely no Doc Green stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    And yeah, that preview does seem kind of weird. Especially Bruce looking pretty much like a Star Trek captain. Hulk with armor can work if it's like a Green scar look, but high-tech does come as silly.
    Yea. high-tech armor just doesn't belong on Hulk, the gladiator/WWH armor was badass but this makes it seem like he is wearing some antennas on his head lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post

Yeaaaaah, I really don't like it. New Hulk costume looks idiotic and Bruce being "a pilot" reminds me of mecha anime shows. What's next? Is he going to push some buttons?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah not feeling Hulk’s new look lol. You’d think Tony would realize how useless all his “(x)buster” armors are, I don’t think he’s ever built a single one that worked. Art looks great at least.
    That why I was so pissed when Hulk was beaten by Tony in Age of Ultron movie. MCU Hulk is such a joke. He's supposed to be "the strongest Avenger" yet almost anyone can beat his ass. I'm fine with Thanos winning against him, Thor... okay. But Iron Man? Seriously? Guess Loki and some alien spaceship is his limit.
    Last edited by Dinosaur Hulk; 08-24-2021 at 02:04 PM.

"This time will be different." ?

...Better luck next time I guess. :/

~I just keep swimming through these threads~

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    That why I was so pissed when Hulk was beaten by Tony in Age of Ultron movie. MCU Hulk is such a joke. He's supposed to be "the strongest Avenger" yet almost anyone can beat his ass. I'm fine with Thanos winning against him, Thor... okay. But Iron Man? Seriously? Guess Loki and some alien spaceship is his limit.
    That's what happens when you aren't RDJ and are instead a character that had to have his actor be replaced in the last second. I guarentee you we would have gotten a WAY different Hulk if Norton stuck around, considering he would have been the biggest name in MCU, even bigger than RDJ.

But meh, it's MCU and i haven't cared about that for more than half a decade now, so i don't plan to now.