Page 106 of 147 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2204
    Fantastic Member

**** Joe Bennett, looking at the image Ewing mentioned, there is now zero chance the **** in #43 was an accident like Bennett claimed it to be. Dude is a authoritarian bootlicker and an antisemite who just got caught with his hand in the cookie jar trying to push cryptofacism in #43. The fact he is so talented lend so many of us to give as good faith of a reading of it as possible, but clearly that's no longer something that can be done.

Luckily he's just a cog in the team of Immortal Hulk, and the ethos of the book are far away from the views he holds. This doesnt diminish Immortal Hulk for me, but I won't be buying anything post Immortal Hulk he's involved in.

Ewing's apology is nice, it doesnt really diminish anything for me with him, as far as I've seen of his work and actions outside of writing.

Good god. o.o

BANNED

Poor Al, has to deal with so much crap because of Bennett, well at this point Bennett has actually finished all his work on Immortal Hulk, in fact he finished it some time ago, all that was left is for inkers and colorists to finish it up.

I wonder what Marvel will do with Bennett after this, they already announced a new series with him but that's what prompted people to go nuclear in the first place, Marvel might reverse that in the next few days and end their relationship with him.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Looking at said image, I can only think of Maus and how Bennett was allowed to continue to worth with Marvel

Ultimate Member

Wow, regardless of one's political leanings it really does seem that Joe Bennett is a rather "toxic" individual.

Good thing Immortal Hulk is done. I suspect Bennett's work at Marvel is done after this.

I’m also expecting Marvel to quietly drop him, especially if they want to keep Ewing happy. Plus there were a bunch of other Marvel artists who were upset as well from what I saw in the quotes on Ewing’s thread.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m also expecting Marvel to quietly drop him, especially if they want to keep Ewing happy. Plus there were a bunch of other Marvel artists who were upset as well from what I saw in the quotes on Ewing’s thread.
    Yea i don't think Bennett is gonna be doing work for Marvel, they will announce in a few days that they have parted ways with him, with his last work being the 50th issue of IH. As for the artist in Al's quote tweets, all i have seen is them praising Al, in fact 99% of the comments have been very supportive of him, only a handful have been some assholes trying to troll him because he is "too sensitive" or something stupid and a few saying he hasn't done enough to atone for his sins basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Yea i don't think Bennett is gonna be doing work for Marvel, they will announce in a few days that they have parted ways with him, with his last work being the 50th issue of IH. As for the artist in Al's quote tweets, all i have seen is them praising Al, in fact 99% of the comments have been very supportive of him, only a handful have been some assholes trying to troll him because he is "too sensitive" or something stupid and a few saying he hasn't done enough to atone for his sins basically.
    Not upset at Ewing, upset at Bennett is what I meant.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

If Green Gamma Hulk is gonna be a bartender, he'll probably be concocting Death in the Afternoon frequently.

If it's the Gamma and Cosmic Ray version that Fixit became, then he'll be handing out Red Evergreens.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    "According to Boxoffice Pro, long-range tracking for Shang-Chi's opening weekend puts it in the range of $35 to $55 million. At its highest estimates, it would just barely tie with 2008's The Incredible Hulk, which opened to $55.4 million, and would put it below Ant-Man, which opened to $57 million in 2015."
    Just a quick update for anyone curious..
    https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/f...s_overview=od3
    $71,400,000

It beat Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Ant-Man despite early attempts to downplay it as the weakest Marvel debut. Not bad for an unknown character and in the middle of a pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Just a quick update for anyone curious..
    https://www.the-numbers.com/movies/f...s_overview=od3
    $71,400,000

It beat Hulk, Thor, Captain America and Ant-Man despite early attempts to downplay it as the weakest Marvel debut. Not bad for an unknown character and in the middle of a pandemic.
    Without the pandemic Shang-Chi would’ve easily done better than IH I think. Although IH had the stain of the previous Hulk films failures to contend with.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Without the pandemic Shang-Chi would’ve easily done better than IH I think. Although IH had the stain of the previous Hulk films failures to contend with.
    The drop off for it is actually quite large for it's first weekend.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-lVDy-X...pg&name=medium

It seems it started strong but wont have much of a staying power.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    The drop off for it is actually quite large for it's first weekend.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E-lVDy-X...pg&name=medium

It seems it started strong but wont have much of a staying power.
    If you were looking at 50-60% drops like TIH did, then sure, but trying to argue 20 is "quite large" is a joke.

Look at the other pandemic movies for comparison.

Black Widow:

Fast 9:

A Quiet Place II:

Again, for comparison (so far):
    Shang Chi:

Day to day drops of 20 is normal, it's the final day (Sunday or Monday on holiday releases) that usually gets that -60 drop. So presumably we'll see a 60ish drop for Shang Chi's next day. Which the usual crowd will claim is a sign that it's tanking. Next week will be the real test. To claim it's tanking now shows a lack of understanding about the box office.
    Last edited by Cth; 09-07-2021 at 05:44 AM.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #353
    “Down and Out in…Las Vegas”

Cover Date: March 1989
    Sale Date: November 15th, 1988
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Jeff Purves
    Inker: Terry Austin
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Petra Scotese
    Editor: Bobbie Chase

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Marlo Chandler, Michael Berengetti, Suzi
    Antagonists: Various hired hands of the Maggia.
    Synopsis: Bruce Banner is violently awakened by armed Maggia thugs pounding on the Hulk’s penthouse door, looking for “Mr. Fixit”. He manages to hide under the bed and avoids capture/getting killed. Banner is extremely awkward, clumsy and confused, as his last thoughts were of the happenings in Middletown three months earlier. We cut to see Marlo over-exercising her class as she can’t get her so-called relationship with “Mr. Fixit” off of her mind. Another cut to the gambler from issue #347 hallucinating that he finally won a jackpot. Cut again to Berengetti’s house, as he’s just been informed about the attempt on “Fixit’s” life. A car bomb goes off, which kills his chauffeur. To top it off, another bomb goes off that destroys his house. Later on, Bruce makes a phone call to Marlo and the two agree to meet. He’s seen by more Maggia goons as he exits “Fixit’s” private elevator…not to mention the clothes are 5x his normal size. Banner manages to avoid capture and awkwardly meets Marlo in front of the Coliseum. Another cut, and we see someone who is described as gold-skinned talking to an old married couple. Something happens and they start to go overboard with PDA. We then see Berengetti and Suzi talking to the police about the bombings and then Banner and Marlo talking about “Joe Fixit”. Banner concocts a “half-brother” story and then has to make up a memory lapse issue when he doesn’t know he’s been in Las Vegas. After freaking out about the current date, Marlo is able to offer him past magazines and newspapers to help him with the information gap. He comes across an article about Middletown and begins to panic, as he isn’t sure if anger is the trigger once again, or sunset. He devours some sleeping pills and passes out. Later on, Berengetti and Suzi arrive at Marlo’s, as she knows that they always keep the spare key under the mat for her. Minutes later, Maggia assassins break in and try to finish what they started earlier in the day. Two giant gray hands break through the wall and stop them, but Berengetti refuses to let “Fixit” kill them. They get into an argument, with the Hulk taking the goons away and the gold-skinned mystery man vowing that the Hulk will soon “see the light”.
    Commentary: Okay, a few minor gripes, mainly with the colors and artwork. Long-time readers will know who the gold-skinned individual is, but I sure as hell do NOT see any gold on this guy AT ALL. The art is…off. Something changed, I don’t know if after the Jarella World storyline he just started to give up, but there’s some awkward art. Banner’s face seems too square, there’s some mashed/prune-faced characters and the Hulk just looks awful in his appearances. I guess I should start the meter running for the next 12 issues of the decline…