Page 114 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2204
    Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #356
    “Control Problems”

Cover Date: June 1989
    Sale Date: February 21st, 1989
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Jeff Purves
    Inker: Jim Saunders III
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Glynis Oliver
    Editor: Bobbie Chase

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Glorian, Marlo Chandler, Mona, Cloot
    Synopsis: A frustrated Hulk wanders around town looking for a challenge as Glorian comes across a mysterious man names Cloot and Marlo tries to come to terms with what “Joe” really does for a living. The issue ends with the Hulk being promised that the single, toughest opponent for him was waiting for him in the alley – and it’s a look-alike mannequin of Bruce Banner.
    Commentary: Not really a fan of this issue. Marlo and Glorian’s storylines progressed but the Hulk wandering around Las Vegas looking for someone to fight? Meh. This was part of my problem liking the Gray Hulk. Yeah, he’s smaller and weaker, but c’mon. He’s held his own, green or gray, against superpowered beings, but a boxing gym??? Ugh. Not to mention the way the Hulk's portrayed when clobbering those bikers -- doesn't look like he's holding back at all and they should be all mangled piles of flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post

Incredible Hulk #355
    “Now You See It…”

Cover Date: May 1989
    Sale Date: January 17th, 1989
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Jeff Purves
    Inker: Herb Trimpe
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Glynis Oliver
    Editor: Bobbie Chase

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Marlo Chandler, Shaper of Worlds, hallucinations of various/previous guest stars and celebrities.
    Antagonist: Glorian
    [/img]
    Hmm. I suppose there's a couple of ways to reinterpret that cover nowadays.

What does the name "Glorian" mean, anyway? Has he only heckled the Hulk over the years?

I think I had some of the follow up issues, where Hulk has the confrontation against Kloot, involving a pair of giant dice.

Reading the Ultimates again, forgot how absolutely insane this book is. Especially it’s take on Hulk, the crassness of it all is breathtaking. Hitch does make Hulk look extremely terrifying that much I can praise it for.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post

What does the name "Glorian" mean, anyway? Has he only heckled the Hulk over the years?

I think I had some of the follow up issues, where Hulk has the confrontation against Kloot, involving a pair of giant dice.
    Looking at the Wiki, looks like he was pretty much an FF character before the Hulk. Post-Hulk looks like he was involved in a lot of cosmic Marvel stuff.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

No new images from #50 yet? I guess I'll have to wait until the preview next week

So what do you all think about "prototype" Hulk from new Defenders issue? Looks hyllarious tbh. Leave it to Ewing for cool designs

RCO020_w_1633521253_cr.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    No new images from #50 yet? I guess I'll have to wait until the preview next week
    Guessing that a lot of promo for issue 50 might have gotten scrapped or reworked because of what happened with Bennett. Still excited for the final issue!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    So what do you all think about "prototype" Hulk from new Defenders issue? Looks hyllarious tbh. Leave it to Ewing for cool designs

RCO020_w_1633521253_cr.jpg
    Reminds me of that “mother of all Hulk-outs”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

^^^ uh. looks weird. what's this about?

Fantastic Member

He's twice the Bi-Beast that Bi-Beast was.

Speaking of which, genuinely surprised to see him(?) make an appearance recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Speaking of which, genuinely surprised to see him(?) make an appearance recently.
    In Darkhold Alpha, right?

^^^ uh. looks weird. what's this about?
    He is one of the Archetypes of Good and Evil, 'primal entities of pure myth destined to echo through every reality to come' that live in the Fourth Cosmos.
    The Defenders encountered him when they travelled to the Fourth Cosmos at the end of Defenders 3. We'll probably see more of him next issue.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

To add what ChrisIIII said...

Honestly did not know that he's done anything else post-IH 359.

Seems to confirm that Joe's new form is pretty much all cosmic, although it's presumably 'merged' with Savage's green gamma in the regular world hence him being mostly green.

Also interesting color touch by having Savage having his traditional purple while Joe seems to have his traditional blue.

Wonder if that mention of "Guilt Hulk" (although as Joe's snark) is sort of a wink from Ewing there, especially given Guilt is showing up in Spider-Man crossroads and showed up way back in Devil's first appearance during the Jenkin's run.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-07-2021 at 01:42 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Exciting! Wonder what’s going to become of Joe?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Exciting! Wonder what’s going to become of Joe?
    I hope that he continues in the next upcoming stories At least we know he can't "die". Not really.