Page 115 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 2204

I'm gonna miss this series too much, man. I already miss it.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    I'm gonna miss this series too much, man. I already miss it.
    Same. The art, the writing, the cast of characters.... it’s all going to be gone by the end of this next issue.

this issue looks like it’s going to be one hell of a ride, though!!

Fantastic Member

I like how open-ended this is, from our vantage point. Anything can happen, it's a big issue.

It's possible the FF will show up at the last moment, and turn things around. Maybe Johnny Storm will be the wildcard, because of the condition he's in, and Doom will have inadvertently saved the day.

Interesting that McGee is the one who begins the meta-discussions. Will she be a continuing character in Hulk or Gamma Flight?

Can't believe it's almost over.

Whatever happens, they have to give us full closure with a Sterns vs Banner big brain battle.

Fantastic Member

I don't see the Human Torch playing a part as this was set in motion long ago.

I just hope that it doesn't end with Joe being trapped in Hell, taking Banner's place and suffering for his sins. The Childlike Hulk seems all but defeated, so I can see a bitter, angry Banner returning and taking over the remaining system since Joe and Devil would no longer be a part of it. This leading into Cates run with a twisted Banner in charge and essentially brow beating the Childlike Hulk, luckily for some reason he decides to go off planet which is the only part I can't seem to make heads or tails of.

Even worse? Imagine some writer down the line deciding Hulk needs a new enemy and has Joe escape from Hell, being fully twisted and evil and red -- cause red is evil of course

Can’t control what happens once Ewing leaves alas. Can only enjoy or dislike what he does within the run.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

I'll echo the same vibes of bittersweet sadness at the series wrapping, it helped me through a bad time in my life. I look forward to continue to support Ewing's stories and series, and if Gamma Flight and Defenders have been any indicator, it seems like he is trying to make the events of Immortal Hulk have some resonance of status quo, with the Green Door just being crucial to the plot of Defenders.

The facebook outage last week gave me big Immortal Hulk vibes, it's funny how much even that time slightly down mirrored the same damage to corporate interest we saw befall Roxxon.

All-New Member

Definitely feeling bittersweet as well. Usually I binge read, and planned on rereading IH before the final chapter, but can’t even start doing that. I might just make whole weekend out of it… reread it and finish it off with the new chapter.

Been reading Peter David’s run however, it’s really good as well. Damn, I love Hulk, no idea how I missed it all these years.

Fantastic Member

2 Days to go. This is THE ending I'm looking forward to, more than any story in my recall.

Sketch for the final issue I've done months ago. Too lazy and too stressed to finish but still want to show it here. It's huge, A2 size (16.5 x 23.4 inch / 42 x 59 cm). Also- in case Devil shows up, you've heard it from me first X)
    WyQXY18j.jpg

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Sketch for the final issue I've done months ago. Too lazy and too stressed to finish but still want to show it here. It's huge, A2 size (16.5 x 23.4 inch / 42 x 59 cm). Also- in case Devil shows up, you've heard it from me first X)
    WyQXY18j.jpg
    That’s cool, I love it. Might try to draw Hulk myself one day.

Kind of curious what's going to happen to the Leader-if he'll 'die' or simply change back to one of his less mutated forms.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Immortalbulk View Post
    That’s cool, I love it. Might try to draw Hulk myself one day.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of curious what's going to happen to the Leader-if he'll 'die' or simply change back to one of his less mutated forms.
    I really hope he doesn’t die- it’s getting too redundant, the whole point of IH is that death doesn’t matter to gamma beings. I mean, come on, that would be such a disappointing outcome for a story like this. One of the reasons why I was let down by the 3rd arc of immortal hulk was the decision to kill off Xemnu right when he was coming to his own as a threatening marvel villain. It’s just too..... simple. I mean, we all know that Xemnu’ll be coming back eventually, and he’s not even related to the whole gamma shebang.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    hopefully taken offline for a few years. Then let him menace other heroes for a while. I'm surprised he's never tried his hand at going into space to take over a planet somewhere.

They kind of did that fairly recently, he was depowered at the end of the Red Hulk saga, then was repowered as "Red Leader" and hung around with Red Hulk's Thunderbolts for a while (dealing with his brother, madman); then Duggan made him his green self again . He then faced off against She-Hulk while Bruce was "dead".

BTW remember the Time Of Monsters one-shot? Was looking through the Marvel wiki when I found this:

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/First...(Earth-400005)

Given Ewing re-imagining characters from the TV show I wonder if Tammuz was kind of his take on this.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 10-11-2021 at 07:48 PM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth