Page 118 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2204

So maybe that's why he goes mad scientist next run, since the Devil could be influencing his human persona? Granted, I haven't read IH #50 yet....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Devil's remerged with Bruce - remember Bruce was hearing him whisper in his ear when Joe went red? And Bruce talks about "absorbing his shoulder devil" at the end. It's like when Bruce was killed off in Aaron's run, and it turned out he was remerged with Hulk.
    Exactly.

Bruce has basically merged with Devil Hulk.

That could explain why Banner "breaks bad" in Cates series.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

Bruce has basically merged with Devil Hulk.

That could explain why Banner "breaks bad" in Cates series.
    I’ve read the issue as well and I guess I’m missing it. Where did the issue imply Bruce and Devil were merged?
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanityOrMadness View Post
    Devil's remerged with Bruce - remember Bruce was hearing him whisper in his ear when Joe went red? And Bruce talks about "absorbing his shoulder devil" at the end. It's like when Bruce was killed off in Aaron's run, and it turned out he was remerged with Hulk.
    Oh if this is what people were talking about I don’t know that I interpreted this the same way. I guess that’s the beauty of it being ambiguous here.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    A lot of stuff are non answered, like the ending of #25: what happen in the future ? We have seen that the universe is destroyed by the TOBA/Hulk but no resolution. But all in all it was a good issue, not that great but cool for an ending in mainstream comics.
    Got prevented. I’d guess that in that future either Leader won or that Hulk chose to not forgive Leader.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Ok, so here's a thought.

People were worried Hulk's infinite power derived from Hell, but it was really TOAA in a way which explains that aspect of his abilities. Interesting that he was able to disperse TOBA for those wanting battle board fodder.

In retrospect, Tammuz was another hint, as that entity was required to spend half the year in Heaven and half in Hell.
    Then why was Banner not allowed to enter God's place in No Road Home and Thor recognised that the power was demonic in nature?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    I’ve read the issue as well and I guess I’m missing it. Where did the issue imply Bruce and Devil were merged?
    Second to last page, Banner says "Did I somehow absorb the Devil on my shoulder, did I lay an old ghost to rest? Have my fellow alters worked out some differences?"

Then he says "all the people who live in my mirror, both the ones I can see (sees reflection of Fixit and Savage Hulk) and the one I don't always want to".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Then why was Banner not allowed to enter God's place in No Road Home and Thor recognised that the power was demonic in nature?
    Because it was at the time, it still might be, Hulks ultimate choice is what might have changed that. Cause basically everything depended on the choice he made, is he Geburah or Golachab.

Such a nice run. Nothing really topped the early issues but this is a fitting ending.

Astonishing Member

Great run, Im curious how Donny Cates is gonna follow up, from the free comic book day issue. the Hulk did talked with intelligence and joking similar to 90s Professor. also the Gamma Flight with it leave off Rick, I hope it means Marvel bring back Marlo from limbo

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Such a nice run. Nothing really topped the early issues but this is a fitting ending.
    I beg to differ. IMO, while there was a cold spot after #24 for a while until #33, and another after #39, I think that #11 to #24 is some of the best comic book related entertainment that I had ever experienced. And certain issues like 33, 39 and 45 really came close for me. Overall, the series was quite consistent IMO. And you were right, #50 was such a fitting conclusion. Ill miss Ewing’s Leader and Joe fixit characterization’s.

Anyone here have any faith in Cates’ follow up? Because I’m not too sure if I’m that stoked for it.
    Last edited by Immortalhulk13; 10-13-2021 at 10:49 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Second to last page, Banner says "Did I somehow absorb the Devil on my shoulder, did I lay an old ghost to rest? Have my fellow alters worked out some differences?"

Then he says "all the people who live in my mirror, both the ones I can see (sees reflection of Fixit and Savage Hulk) and the one I don't always want to".
    Except Bruce and Devil got along - there’s no reason for him to be all resentful / not wanting to see him. And Devil was still dead at the end of it.

That being said, like I said I respect that your interpretation is plausible as well, since the story itself isn’t explicit!
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Except Bruce and Devil got along - there’s no reason for him to be all resentful / not wanting to see him. And Devil was still dead at the end of it.

That being said, like I said I respect that your interpretation is plausible as well, since the story itself isn’t explicit!
    Yes, it's all implied.

But Devil crossed some lines that Bruce never wanted to (at least up until now) even if he did realize he needed Devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortalhulk13 View Post
    I beg to differ. IMO, while there was a cold spot after #24 for a while until #33, and another after #39, I think that #11 to #24 is some of the best comic book related entertainment that I had ever experienced. And certain issues like 33, 39 and 45 really came close for me. Overall, the series was quite consistent IMO. And you were right, #50 was such a fitting conclusion. Ill miss Ewing’s Leader and Joe fixit characterization’s.

Anyone here have any faith in Cates’ follow up? Because I’m not too sure if I’m that stoked for it.
    Certainly don’t expect anything near the level of complexity that Ewing brought in terms of storytelling, but a dumb fun Hulk run could still be enjoyable. Giving Cates 5 issues or so.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Same reason Joe never came out in the daylight originally but changed when his mental state changed. He didn't believe he could enter.

As far as Thor goes, everything's a nail to him, he's not the brightest and was influenced by the Hulk's gamma to be aggressive. Calling someone evil is the easiest way to ease ones conscience about doing something awful.