Page 127 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2204
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I'm almost kind of reminded of the Red Hulk debuting after the first Pak run. One of the definitive Hulk arcs followed by one that was sort of dumb. (Although Red Hulk did become a better character eventually, especially after the Ross reveal).
    Exactly.

It's almost the same exact situation.

After a brilliant run in Pak, we got the Red Hulk nonsense.

Seems like the artist for that issue of Hulk kind of drew him as the Savage Hulk, although generally Joe was drawn as somewhat more of a balding look, somewhat shorter and more hunched and with a more prominent brow.

Granted, this started to be less of a thing when Keown drew him but that might've been intentional, in one issue Betty says he looks different and I think it's implied his more human/taller appearance closer to Bruce and Savage is a sign that the personalities were starting to merge together ("You've been moving closer for months now"-as his mother says in 377).

That's what kind of annoys me about a lot of Grey Hulk figures/statues/video game color swaps. They just paint the Savage Hulk gray, but Joe is somewhat more physically distinct than that.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Seems like the artist for that issue of Hulk kind of drew him as the Savage Hulk, although generally Joe was drawn as somewhat more of a balding look, somewhat shorter and more hunched and with a more prominent brow.

Granted, this started to be less of a thing when Keown drew him but that might've been intentional, in one issue Betty says he looks different and I think it's implied his more human/taller appearance closer to Bruce and Savage is a sign that the personalities were starting to merge together ("You've been moving closer for months now"-as his mother says in 377).

That's what kind of annoys me about a lot of Grey Hulk figures/statues/video game color swaps. They just paint the Savage Hulk gray, but Joe is somewhat more physically distinct than that.
    Reading the Free comic book day issue, Hulk was making jokes and stuff, he reads more like the Professor persona

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Reading the Free comic book day issue, Hulk was making jokes and stuff, he reads more like the Professor persona
    I think Banner is in charge of Hulk’s body again
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Banner's persona sometimes depends on the writer. Sometimes he's portrayed as somewhat weak and mopey (Perhaps to better contrast him with the Hulk), other times far more heroic, and even a bit overly smug/snobby at times.

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post

Incredible Hulk #360
    “Nightmoves”

Cover Date: October 1989
    Sale Date: June 20th, 1989
    Writer: Bob Harras
    Artist: Dan Reed
    Inker: Marie Severin
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Glynis Oliver
    Editor: Bobbie Chase

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Betty Banner, Rick Jones
    Villains: D’Spayre, Nightmare
    Synopsis: Demonic “cousins” D’Spayre and Nightmare concoct a plan to torture Betty Banner, who has just suffered a miscarriage. Rick Jones, still her companion since the Middletown incident, is there to comfort her but it’s not enough to fend off the nightmares she’s about to suffer. Back in Las Vegas, the Hulk is attempting to sleep off his festive night and drawn into Betty’s nightmare. He then learns of her miscarriage and the two begin to succumb to the emotions of the demonic shenanigans. In the end, it is the Hulk and Bruce Banner who work together to break the spell and the nightmare fades, leaving a sense of loss in the Hulk’s heart and a strange comfort in Betty knowing that she can go on despite all that has happened.
    Commentary: An editorial mandate stated that the Hulk/Banner must not have any offspring, so Bob Harras stepped in to write this issue dealing with the death of Bruce and Betty’s baby, as PAD threatened to walk away from the book. Not sure why, that could have provided an interesting dynamic for the Hulk during this era. I am disappointed in the casual comment Nightmare blurted out on page 2 as “a pathetic creature I once trifled with.” HUNH??? Considering he was a significant catalyst in the events from issues #292-300, and it’s somewhat follow-up in Web of Spider-Man #7, I’d call that a back-handed slap to the previous stories/writer. Maybe it wasn’t a big deal, maybe Harras didn’t see any reason to expand on the Hulk/Nightmare connection. I guess I was wishing for more of an interaction between Nightmare and the Hulk, because in a way, he's a catalyst for the events leading back to his gray hue. Like with Web of Spider-Man and the FF crossovers, I will be covering the Iron Man issue that leads into the next issue. I did some contemplating on covering it because I left out Avengers Annual #17, but honestly, the Hulk wasn’t a factor on that annual. Just seemed to be there for filler material and tough talk. The Iron Man issue sets up the events for next issue and I’d thrown enough fits over the last few years about how that issue was not included in the Visionaries AND the PAD Hulk omnibus, but the Spidey and FF issues were. Go figure. For the record, I do have it in my stack of Hulk comics I am going to have custom-bound.

Betty losing her baby here kind of works well with the latter part of Pak's run (The Hulk Family bit) where she was very bitter and unstable due to Bruce having another family and marriage (although a short lived one) while she'd been dead.

Fantastic Member Chainsaw Vigilante's Avatar

As much as I've been critical at Ewing's other books recently the end to his Hulk run was so damn well done. Following that up is a tall task, especially given the state it left things in, which should make writing the traditional Hulks a huge step down.

Fantastic Member

"Gamesradar: Hulk and Thor to have "craziest fight that Marvel Comics has ever seen" in 2022."
    https://www.gamesradar.com/hulk-thor-2022/

--

Cates compares what he's attempting to Nextwave which could be a good thing if he goes as nuts as Ellis did with that series.

As for the fight, I'm guessing he'll have Hulk and Thor battling through realities.. probably have them change forms while doing so (ie: Medieval realm.. both wielding swords.. fire realm both aflame.. etc) with the inhabitants reacting to the fight.

Their last few fights have been particularly brutal, curious if this'll top them.

BANNED

"Gamesradar: Hulk and Thor to have "craziest fight that Marvel Comics has ever seen" in 2022."

Hyperbole man strikes again.

I am sorry but the amount of times this man has said this is the "craziest, most brutal, best <insert whatever>" i have done has become a meme at this point.

It's gonna be a big fight, but it wont be the craziest fight Marvel has had and i will be surprised if it's the craziest fight Hulk and Thor have ever had.

Also in case people call me biased again, the man himself admits this run is gonna be

"It's so fucking stupid and big and mean. "

Now that just fills me with confidence.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

what is "Timeless" how does it involve Hulk?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    what is "Timeless" how does it involve Hulk?
    Upcoming Marvel event, no clue how or if Hulk is involved.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Upcoming Marvel event, no clue how or if Hulk is involved.
    He isnt. Hulk has nothing to do with the event, thats just a cool but random variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    He isnt. Hulk has nothing to do with the event, thats just a cool but random variant.
    Thanks for warning me, doubt I’ll bother to pick it up then.