Page 128 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2204
    Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Iron Man #247
    “Mailed”

Cover Date: October 1989
    Sale Date: June 27th, 1989
    Writer: David Michelinie
    Artist: Bob Layton
    Inker: Timothy Dzon
    Letterer: Janice Chiang
    Colorist: Paul J. Becton
    Editor: Howard Mackie

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Jim Rhodes, Mrs. Arbogast,
    Villains: Hydra, A.I.M. and the Maggia.
    Synopsis: Iron Man sits atop an icy cliff near the North Pole waiting the current heads of A.I.M. and Hydra. They are interested in a temporary partnership in fending off the Maggia’s aggressions being led by Madam Masque. Iron Man blows them off and begrudgingly heads back to his office, and his hoverchair. Meanwhile, “Mr. Fixit” has flown out from Las Vegas to L.A. for a job that’s offering big money. Turns out it’s the by the A.I.M. and Hydra operatives that had inquired Iron Man help them. The kicker for the Hulk is that not only is it a big payoff, but it also offers him a chance to gain some revenge on the Maggia, who had cost him his “Fixit” job out in Vegas. He easily captures Madam Masque, with Iron Man minutes behind him, who has a burning desire to find who killed the original Madam Masque, Whitney Frost. Later, A.I.M. keeps its promise and the money is exchanged. However, on his way out of the facility, the Hulk is attacked by Dreadnoughts. Iron Man arrives and attacks A.I.M and Hydra. He’s able to fend them off long enough to free Masque, only to have her escape with an FBI agent. The Hulk, meanwhile, had his wardrobe AND cash destroyed during the battle, leaving him in a foul mood. He slips out of sight, trying to find a way to get revenge again. The next morning, Tony Stark is handing papers to his lawyer about stepping down as head of Stark Enterprises.
    Commentary: This era of Iron Man is one of my favorites; I enjoyed Michelinie on both Iron Man and Spidey. His dialogue was pretty sharp and the stories were simple and fun. Reminded me a lot of the `67 Spidey cartoon. I remember during one of my summer stays at my grandparents going to a thrift store with my grandmother. She was looking for knick-knacks and I discovered a box of comics, something like 5 of a quarter, extremely cheap. I picked out a stack of Iron Man issues, from #218 to 237. Near complete set. Got me hooked for the rest of his run, at least until Byrne came on to do Armor Wars II. I’m more familiar with Bob Layton on Iron Man and Hercules, but his Hulk falls under the “drawn like he was still green, but colored gray” category.

Wondering if Betty will show up in Cates run. Way Ewing left things, there’s still a conversation that needs to be had between Bruce and Betty. She wanted to talk to him but couldn’t because he was in Hell, so I hope we get to see them interact in Cates’ run.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Wondering if Betty will show up in Cates run. Way Ewing left things, there’s still a conversation that needs to be had between Bruce and Betty. She wanted to talk to him but couldn’t because he was in Hell, so I hope we get to see them interact in Cates’ run.
    I feel like comparing it to Waid (or I guess Duggan) again in terms of expecting Betty and other Hulk supporting characters to get treated like that run where they might show up at some point, but probably not for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    "Gamesradar: Hulk and Thor to have "craziest fight that Marvel Comics has ever seen" in 2022."
    https://www.gamesradar.com/hulk-thor-2022/

--

Cates compares what he's attempting to Nextwave which could be a good thing if he goes as nuts as Ellis did with that series.

As for the fight, I'm guessing he'll have Hulk and Thor battling through realities.. probably have them change forms while doing so (ie: Medieval realm.. both wielding swords.. fire realm both aflame.. etc) with the inhabitants reacting to the fight.
    Hulk becomes Ghost Rider and herald of Galactus. Thor becomes punisher and Deadpool. Its Cosmic Hulk Rider vs Punishing Thorpool, because Cates is a hack.

Incredible Hulk #361
    “Iron Tears”

Cover Date: November 1989
    Sale Date: July 18th, 1989
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Jeff Purves
    Inker: Marie Severin
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Glynis Oliver
    Editor: Bobbie Chase

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Tony Stark, Mrs. Arbogast, Madam Masque
    Villains: The Maggia, Hydra, and A.I.M
    Synopsis: Several high ranking Maggia personnel are meeting at a ritzy hotel to discuss the recent happenings in Las Vegas with Cloot. The Hulk comes crashing in, vowing serious casualties for ruining his Vegas career. Before anything can happen, Iron Man comes shooting out from beneath the floor and repulses the Hulk away from the Maggia heads. Some tough talk is exchanged, but in the end, the Hulk is blasted out of the building and escapes. Iron Man then fills in the Maggia about who “Mr. Fixit” really is, and they reach a deal after Whitney Frost’s name is once again brought up. As Iron Man reaches Stark Enterprises, we find out that the fight in front of the Maggia was staged, as we are then treated to a flashback sequence about Bruce Banner arriving at the office the day before and he and Tony Stark agreeing to take out A.I.M., Hydra and the Maggia in one swoop. The stage is set, after Tony has heard the broadcast about the Maggia agreeing to the terms on the Hulk’s demise and Whitney Frost. Tony and Bruce concoct a story about the Hulk being killed and later that night, a free for all between Iron Man, the Hulk, the Maggia, Hydra and A.I.M. begins after the money is exchanged. In the end, nobody is a match for Iron Man and the Hulk but Masque is able to get away. The Hulk escapes with his cash intact and later that morning, Tony and Bruce are exchanging pleasantries, as he states he has accepted a job in a lab outside of Vegas. Tony looks tense and at a loss for words and we see that he was able to find Betty’s last know whereabouts and status but didn’t have the heart to tell Bruce.
    Commentary: The Hulk getting his revenge on the Maggia for ruining his “Mr. Fixit” gig is fun. There was a bit more humor/one-liners than we’ve been used to. Also, nice transformation sequence, really grotesque and eerie. And I dunno what Joe Rosen was on during this whole era, but he’s come up with interesting fonts and sound effects. Page 3, YAQUUAAM?? I do have an issue with the final panel, why does it look like Stark is laughing?? We see he’s somber, at a bit of a loss for words knowing what he knows, that could and should have been drawn differently. Speaking of the art, there is a definite heavier hand from Marie Severin. At this point, I don't think she's really inking as it looks more of a finisher. Both artists have a distinct look, and I see more Marie than Jeff in all the faces.

If they’re bringing back the old X-amen animated show can they bring back the old Hulk animated series as well? Or make a new one with a dark and serious tone?
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I don't think the Marvel Action Hour stuff was nearly as fondly remembered as the X-men and Spider-man stuff.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I don't think the Marvel Action Hour stuff was nearly as fondly remembered as the X-men and Spider-man stuff.
    Was thinking of the 1990s Hulk TAS:

If they’re bringing back the old X-amen animated show can they bring back the old Hulk animated series as well? Or make a new one with a dark and serious tone?
    That's assuming Marvel is interested in a dark Hulk cartoon (which I doubt), a non-MCU Hulk cartoon (which I doubt), or in a cartoon that isn't as nolstalgic for some as X-Men: TAS was for a lot of people.

BANNED

So...Hulk is jumping to a different Earth where Ross is president.

https://t.co/hKNIT7ANVW

Speaking of Ross, has anything been done with him since it was revealed he was alive and the Red Hulk again? Figure with Banner leaving Earth and She-Hulk back to normal he'd sort of be the "main" Hulk at this point. Maybe he'll rejoin the Avengers or something.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

My go-to is the `82 cartoon. So I did some snipping and color replacement on some images.

Bruce_Banner_(Earth-8107)_from_Incredible_Hulk_(1982_animated_series)_Season_1_8_0001.jpg
    MV5BOTAzNTQ0MDItOGY4Ni00ZWE5LWJhNGUtZGE1NjFlNDhlMWJmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTQ5Njk1NDU@._V1_.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's assuming Marvel is interested in a dark Hulk cartoon (which I doubt), a non-MCU Hulk cartoon (which I doubt), or in a cartoon that isn't as nolstalgic for some as X-Men: TAS was for a lot of people.
    I know, man does it suck how everything has to tie into the MCU these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCHRISJ View Post

Think we were all calling that Cates would take Hulk on a tour of the Multiverse. Guess this is where we’ll see Cates deal with that Maker plot he’s been setting up.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Speaking of Ross, has anything been done with him since it was revealed he was alive and the Red Hulk again? Figure with Banner leaving Earth and She-Hulk back to normal he'd sort of be the "main" Hulk at this point. Maybe he'll rejoin the Avengers or something.
    It's hard to keep a good general down.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TCHRISJ View Post

This is unfortunate, there was already actually a story line where Ross was president and Maestro and Old Man Logan were working for him. But i am not a fan of multiverse stories, Hulk going to space was more interesting to me than this at least. Going through the multiverse interacting with non-canon characters that don't matter whatsoever means that the stories dont matter whatsoever. Nothing Hulk/Banner will ultimately do will matter in the grand scheme of things. I was hoping the action will be at least the saving grace for this comic but it looks like that will ultimately not matter either. Hulk fighting alternate Rulk or Avengers or Thanos or Galactus or whoever Cates comes up with just isn't the same as fighting the real deal, because they are alternate characters they can be tailored to fit Hulk, so Cates can make them as dumb, as weak and insignificant as he wants.

I was already disappointed with everything regarding this series, this just adds to the pile.