Page 129 of 147 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 2204
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TCHRISJ View Post
    So...Hulk is jumping to a different Earth where Ross is president.

https://t.co/hKNIT7ANVW
    I don't know how to feel about this

BANNED

More potentially bad news, especially for those of us that aren't a fans of Hulk just slaughtering people indiscriminately. It seems thats exactly the direction this run is taking

11.jpg

222.jpg

Apologies for the low quality, it was taken from a vod of a livestream. If you can't see it well here is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv4gcpGKurc&t=1311s just go to the 21:50 and 22:40 mark to see them a bit better.

Either way what seems to be happening is a group of individuals that seem like some hero group although they could just as easily be villains, trying to stop Hulk from flying to whatever is behind them. Hulk ignores them and literally flies through them blowing them up to pieces. These are the first 2 pages of the second issue.

Now i can't speak for everyone here but i am not really the biggest fan of this. Not that Hulk can't kill at all, he certainly can but in Immortal Hulk for insances Ewing knew exactly when to do it and when to use it, here we see Hulk going through people as if they were no more significant than ants to him. The implication of this might be even FAR WORSE because from what we know this is Hulk being controlled by Banner at this point, so it's actually Banner slaughtering people indiscriminately.

Obviously there could be more context to this, maybe none of this is really happening, it's a dream or a vision or maybe it's not the Hulk we know, who knows. But if we assume for now that this is the real Hulk/Banner doing this than this really puts a stain on the character IMO. Like i said i don't mind if Hulk kills from time to time, in fact i think it can be a very effective tool, especially considering different Hulk personalities have different moral systems, but if it's done so casually and "seemingly" in control by Banner this really does a HUGE damage to the character.

So all the people that were saying, Cates isn't gonna retcon anything, he isn't gonna do damage to the character. Well i dunno about you, but he is certainly doing irreversibly damage to him here.

TL;DR I dont want Banner to be a sociopath, crazy killer... I dont want flashbacks of Aarons Hulk run...

A murderer hulk simply doesn't work on a basic level, it proves Ross was always right about hulk and he is just another monster. Hope there's more to it than just hulk killing indiscriminately.

if he's going to other alternate earths, then I hope that there's a chance to reconnect with a living Jim Wilson, and give him some modern day attention, since he's been dead for roughly 30 years now.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    if he's going to other alternate earths, then I hope that there's a chance to reconnect with a living Jim Wilson, and give him some modern day attention, since he's been dead for roughly 30 years now.
    IF I had to guess (and I was right about the multiverse stuff) I could see him do something with Jarella but with a twist.

BANNED

The first issue of Hulk is coming next week. Do y'all guys think the character is going to be regressed with respect to all other runs again?

Reading first arc. Giving it a try. For now it sounds not like a step backwards, but more like Hulk leap backwards. And MASSIVE Aaron's run deja vu- starting with Banner going completely loonie to Hulk fighting gamma-mutated monsters. Like, for 200th time. Yikes.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    The first issue of Hulk is coming next week. Do y'all guys think the character is going to be regressed with respect to all other runs again?
    Everything we have been seeing so far seems to be pointing in that direction. Cates seems to have given up on characterization and relationships between Hulk and his supporting cast. He seems to be just trying to create the "craziest, wackiest, bloodiest run", this seems to be the main if not the only focus of the run.

Obviously this could change as the issues drop, but from his interviews, twitter and from the solicitations, this seems to be the direction it's going in.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 11-17-2021 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Reading first arc. Giving it a try. For now it sounds not like a step backwards, but more like Hulk leap backwards. And MASSIVE Aaron's run deja vu- starting with Banner going completely loonie to Hulk fighting gamma-mutated monsters. Like, for 200th time. Yikes.
    Basically how I feel.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    More potentially bad news, especially for those of us that aren't a fans of Hulk just slaughtering people indiscriminately. It seems thats exactly the direction this run is taking

11.jpg

222.jpg

Apologies for the low quality, it was taken from a vod of a livestream. If you can't see it well here is the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv4gcpGKurc&t=1311s just go to the 21:50 and 22:40 mark to see them a bit better.

Either way what seems to be happening is a group of individuals that seem like some hero group although they could just as easily be villains, trying to stop Hulk from flying to whatever is behind them. Hulk ignores them and literally flies through them blowing them up to pieces. These are the first 2 pages of the second issue.

Now i can't speak for everyone here but i am not really the biggest fan of this. Not that Hulk can't kill at all, he certainly can but in Immortal Hulk for insances Ewing knew exactly when to do it and when to use it, here we see Hulk going through people as if they were no more significant than ants to him. The implication of this might be even FAR WORSE because from what we know this is Hulk being controlled by Banner at this point, so it's actually Banner slaughtering people indiscriminately.

Obviously there could be more context to this, maybe none of this is really happening, it's a dream or a vision or maybe it's not the Hulk we know, who knows. But if we assume for now that this is the real Hulk/Banner doing this than this really puts a stain on the character IMO. Like i said i don't mind if Hulk kills from time to time, in fact i think it can be a very effective tool, especially considering different Hulk personalities have different moral systems, but if it's done so casually and "seemingly" in control by Banner this really does a HUGE damage to the character.

So all the people that were saying, Cates isn't gonna retcon anything, he isn't gonna do damage to the character. Well i dunno about you, but he is certainly doing irreversibly damage to him here.

TL;DR I dont want Banner to be a sociopath, crazy killer... I dont want flashbacks of Aarons Hulk run...
    100% agreed

Do we know who the guys are?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    A murderer hulk simply doesn't work on a basic level, it proves Ross was always right about hulk and he is just another monster. Hope there's more to it than just hulk killing indiscriminately.
    Exactly.

The idea is that the Hulk has long been misunderstood. Once he starts killing indiscriminately, it breaks the characters framing.

Spectacular Member

Yeah, he'll no longer be a noble monster at that point. What would be different than the Hulk and the Abomination at that point?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    100% agreed

Do we know who the guys are?
    The guys in the video? The guy with the hat is Ryan Ottley the artist for this new Hulk series, the other dude is someone that is interviewing him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    The guys in the video? The guy with the hat is Ryan Ottley the artist for this new Hulk series, the other dude is someone that is interviewing him.
    Thanks but I meant the guys in the art tease

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Thanks but I meant the guys in the art tease
    Nope, as i said they appear to be some random group of either heroes or villains that want to stop the Hulk to getting to whatever is behind them(looks like some space ship) and he goes through them like a bowling ball through bowling pins with their body parts flying everywhere.