Page 13 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Not very much to talk about really, this is yet another build-up issue.
    I really like Joe, he looks like the guy who can adapt and survive almost any situations. Imagine him as a main protagonist of some sort of gamble story or a big heist- you can be sure he scores big time. I also like how he cares for some people around him and just acts tough- but actually looks for excuse to do what needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Great issue. I wonder if the "negative gamma" X-Ray mentions will end up empowering Joe, since hes kinda operating backwards now anyway than he used to.

Glad to see the Teen Brigade coming back around, hope that plot comes back around.
    My thoughts exactly, I think Hulk will end up absorbing gamma and that will help him to get back to normal- or maybe even become gray.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Great issue. I wonder if the "negative gamma" X-Ray mentions will end up empowering Joe, since hes kinda operating backwards now anyway than he used to.

Glad to see the Teen Brigade coming back around, hope that plot comes back around.
    Negative gamma is just cosmic radiation aka kirbons

Fantastic Member

"I wonder if the "negative gamma" X-Ray mentions will end up empowering Joe"

That would be a nice touch. We can add 'Lucky' to Joe's main super-power Resourcefullness.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalHulk View Post
    I really like Joe, he looks like the guy who can adapt and survive almost any situations. Imagine him as a main protagonist of some sort of gamble story or a big heist- you can be sure he scores big time. I also like how he cares for some people around him and just acts tough- but actually looks for excuse to do what needs to be done.
    I've said it before, but the way Ewing writes him he kind of reminds me in general of Trevor Phillips from Grand Theft Auto V-although a lot more PG-13 (and ironically, probably a bit more mentally stable). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Philips
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalHulk View Post
    Interesting that Gyrich is using the U-Foes out in the open. Wonder if they'll announce that they're working for the government... not like that could end up biting him in the rear, I'm sure nobody in the MU remembers their relatives who died at Soldier Field.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    It says "Jewery"!

How did this pass editorial!?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

This is offensive af. Which is a god damn shame. Bennett’s art has been phenomenal this entire run.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Well fuck. Has Marvel issued a statement yet? I remember there being a similar episode with an X-Men comic a while back but I can't remember the specifics.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and just assume that he thought a Jewish jewelry shop being called a Jewery Shop was a clever pun.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and just assume that he thought a Jewish jewelry shop being called a Jewery Shop was a clever pun.
    ...Why though? I mean, unless it was a detail in Ewing's script (which I highly doubt), it's pretty damn obvious that Bennnett was drawing on anti-Semitic imagery. What purpose would it serve otherwise? A background gag?

And it turns out the dude also has been pro-Bolsonaro and apparently approved of an attack on journalist Glenn Greenwald (https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/statu...76413231632385) and has made transphobic statements on Instagram (https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...ett_laughs_at/).

Good news! It was apparently a mistake, and he has apologized profusely.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/joe-...semitic-error/

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Good news! It was apparently a mistake, and he has apologized profusely.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/joe-...semitic-error/
    That's good to see, but this is editorial's fault; like look at the picture.

I can forgive the misspelling since english may not be his native language (he's Brazilian) and I can overlook the anti-semitic imagery because again him being Brazilian he may have a different view of Jewish Jewelry Shop owners (similar to Asians and the Swastika, which is a holy symbol in the East).

But editorial needs to step the F up

Mighty Member

Yeah, I'm wondering what is up with editorial too.
    Either they aren't doing a good job at their work or they are being stretched too far with too much work.
    If the case is the later (and I will give the editor the benefit of the doubt and say it's the later) then maybe Marvel need a couple of more editors.
    I'll give Joe Bennet the benefit of the doubt too.
    I don't think Disney would be too happy over this or even marvel executives, especially seeing how Isaac Pearlmutter himself has a Jewish background.

And yeah, I remember the X-Men gold issue from a few years ago, I actually have that comic somewhere. It was mostly dealing with events that were happening at the time and sadly, it couldn't have been an oversight.

I will give Bennett his credit, he did apologize rather quickly over this. Hopefully this will mean that editorial is on the ball with this in future.