Page 130 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2204

Fantastic Member

h4.jpg

So the question is who's narrating?

EDIT: It's probably Tony Stark given his appearance later and the color scheme.
    Last edited by Cth; 11-19-2021 at 07:23 AM.

Extraordinary Member

It's Tony IMO, also this feels like a "deep" concept which is just stupid.They're gonna make Banner evil or smth, aren't they.

Oh and feels like a confirmation that Immortal isn't having much effect on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    I think the punch panels are referencing the "Doomsday is coming" teases.

Also, wasn't Norman trying to turn Banner back into the Hulk because Banner became a super badass all of a sudden and an angry green giant would be easier to deal with? 'Cause it's kinda funny that Tony and Norman would get similar thoughts about this if so lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Oh and feels like a confirmation that Immortal isn't having much effect on this.
    Yeah, Banner was more or less fine with the other alter egos at the end, now he's suddenly imprisoning what may be Savage all of a sudden.

This is just beyond dumb. I'm sorry. "Hulk exists to protect us from Banner", yeah. Especially Devil and World Breaker. They tried their best to save people from Bruce.
    It's so edgy I had to double-check it's not 90s.

And yes, it absolutely ignores IH finale.

Kind of hard to tell which Hulk that is. "RAAGHHHH" could be any one of them, even the smarter versions. Then again this is probably the mindscape and Savage usually is his regular green self there where I assume Devil would be his reptile version, Joe would be Red and GS would be wearing armor.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 11-19-2021 at 09:18 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Yeah this seems like another soft reboot, very big tone shift from where Immortal Hulk ended. Also getting Aaron vibes since that run positioned Bruce as the true monster kept in check by Hulk.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I think the punch panels are referencing the "Doomsday is coming" teases.

Also, wasn't Norman trying to turn Banner back into the Hulk because Banner became a super badass all of a sudden and an angry green giant would be easier to deal with? 'Cause it's kinda funny that Tony and Norman would get similar thoughts about this if so lol.
    You really do have scans for everything, I swear you're just an AI made to haunt these boards and provide scans lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    This is just beyond dumb. I'm sorry. "Hulk exists to protect us from Banner", yeah. Especially Devil and World Breaker. They tried their best to save people from Bruce.

I get the twist of "the man is the real monster" but it does not work w/ the Hulk, not from his origin to the decades of comics he's had.

See, Green Scar was trying to kill the Illuminati 'cause he feared what Banner would do if he got to 'em first, similarly, Devil was doing that for the planet, so it makes perfect sense .

Hell, maybe at the end of the run, Banner will be sent back in time, to the beginning of everything, and there we'll learn that spoilers:
    he's The One Below All
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Also getting Aaron vibes since that run positioned Bruce as the true monster kept in check by Hulk.
    Cates does mention on occasion that he basically worships Aaron...

You really do have scans for everything,
    To be fair, I just searched for "Doomsday is coming" on google for this one, it's why I didn't list where it's from, 'cause I don't know lol.

I swear you're just an AI made to haunt these boards and provide scans lmao
    I'm not sure if that's better or worse than having a dark future where I'm "more Spider-Trivia than man" .

I get the twist of "the man is the real monster" but it does not work w/ the Hulk, not from his origin to the decades of comics he's had.
    We know Bruce can be quite scary (even from IH) but saying he's worse or more dangerous than Hulk is going a bit too far. You are right, it contradicts a lot of comic books before. What's more, it contradicts his own nature. So what Cates is saying... Hulk is monster, Bruce is monster. Monster turns into monster lol. Or what, monster turns into hero but now monster has control over his body?

Never a good start. Bruce isn't a bad guy, or a psychopath in waiting. His very origin is him trying to save a kid which wasn't his responsibility at all.

Cates is simply channeling Aaron in both hulk and Thor runs now.

We know Bruce can be quite scary (even from IH) but saying he's worse or more dangerous than Hulk is going a bit too far. You are right, it contradicts a lot of comic books before. What's more, it contradicts his own nature. So what Cates is saying... Hulk is monster, Bruce is monster. Monster turns into monster lol. Or what, monster turns into hero but now monster has control over his body?
    Bruce being scary is a retcon made by Pak. Bruce is traumatized kid genius, not a psychopath in waiting and certainly not a monster. Its the worst cliche in fiction.

BANNED

There might be one saving grace... People have called out Cates on this, even showed him the panels of IH 35 where Banner talks with Savage and tells him this time things will be different and he says he is aware of all that and that people are making assumptions on stuff they don't know yet.

So i am hoping he has a good explanation for all this. Also here is a panel from Ottley of Hulk slaughtering the military

FEkwRhlUcAMISq5.jpg

BANNED

I am wary of how Cates might characterize Bruce and Hulk, i have to give him a chance even if what i am seeing so far isn't giving me much hope. But as long as he doesn't go too far or retcons important stuff i will be on with it.

Because based on the interview Ottley gave the action should be really insane in the series, they are gonna be bringing in some serious threats, including some new antagonists like Knull with Venom. Ottley even mentioned how cool it would be if Hulk fought Galactus lol, which knowing Cates it wouldn't surprise me at all, even though at this point he has really used and abused Galactus in his runs.

At least we might be getting one of the most powerful versions of Hulk, to be honest after Pak we haven't been seeing much of that(just some brief moments here and there) with Cates i really wouldn't be surprised if we get another WWH style event during all of trhis, i mean we are certainly getting a Hulk even at some point, Cates can't help it.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Bruce being scary is a retcon made by Pak. Bruce is traumatized kid genius, not a psychopath in waiting and certainly not a monster. Its the worst cliche in fiction.
    Hate to be that guy, but PAD probably planted the seeds for that.

He murdered his father (justifiably?) and was going to blow up his school, etc.