Page 14 of 147 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

It just occured to me, the "are we or aren't we the good guy?" from the latest issue is another echo of not only "Man or Monster... or both?" but also the geburah or golacheb.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Good news! It was apparently a mistake, and he has apologized profusely.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/joe-...semitic-error/
    I mean, even if you accept his words at face value, he's still a shitty person for other reasons.

BANNED

Editorial has always been useless, whatever work they do it's never actually shown in any tangibly way. Artist/writers always make mistakes in their books that never get corrected even when it gets released in digital.

With that said i am glad Marvel isn't doing anything extreme about it, i want Bennett to finish this series rather than them switching to a different artist.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I wonder if Ewing’s getting a new series to follow up this one with. He seems to be the current cosmic architect, so I would love to see what new series he launches. I sincerely hope it’s Excalibur from Tini Howard.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Well, he currently has Guardians of the Galaxy and S.W.⨂.R.D. I'm sure he will get something else when Immortal Hulk ends, though I'm not sure what, unless Jason Aaron is about to finish on Avengers (Ewing has written three previous Avengers teams, but not the main one).

It would be nice to have a British writer on Excalibur.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-04-2021 at 04:46 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member CaptainLiberty76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    I mean, even if you accept his words at face value, he's still a shitty person for other reasons.
    I believe Bennett, as an amateur artist myself I know how difficult it is to do something like writing backwards. Although it seems as if someone were looking to be offended to focus on such a small mistake and make a tempest out of it. It was a mistake, the man profusely apologized, it's time to move on. All I can think of as I read many of the comments such as the one quoted above is from another individual of Jewish ancestry who said, "Let him who is without sin be the first cast a stone..."

I'm hoping Ewing gets a shot at Iron Fist. Just because I'm curious about what he would bring to the character.

I'm hoping Rick turns out alright. His odds aren't good.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 02-04-2021 at 08:12 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Yes, the artist is a bad person for making an art error.

/s
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Yes, the artist is a bad person for making an art error.

/s
    Bwahaha......

Fantastic Member

I didnt catch the misspelling in first read but did notice the star of david, figured this was just a reference to Cronenberg since hes jewish and the store was named after him, and shortly before this we also got a storefront named after Kirby, with lite Judaism themes in the story so far I didnt blink an eye at it, but suppose that's what makes dogwhistling effective.

I am def sus of the ordeal given Bennett's other lil blunders, but the fact he did come put and apologize for it is at least something I suppose. Ewing's narratives and themes run directly against **** like this so in the grand scheme of things, what else is there to say, but its def frustrating to see stuff like this drip through, and it's also difficult to admit a part of me is forgiving to this stuff because Bennett's art is so damn good, and a lesser artist I probably wouldn't be half as tolerant of, especially given this is Bennet's third strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    I didnt catch the misspelling in first read but did notice the star of david, figured this was just a reference to Cronenberg since hes jewish and the store was named after him, and shortly before this we also got a storefront named after Kirby, with lite Judaism themes in the story so far I didnt blink an eye at it, but suppose that's what makes dogwhistling effective.

I am def sus of the ordeal given Bennett's other lil blunders, but the fact he did come put and apologize for it is at least something I suppose. Ewing's narratives and themes run directly against **** like this so in the grand scheme of things, what else is there to say, but its def frustrating to see stuff like this drip through, and it's also difficult to admit a part of me is forgiving to this stuff because Bennett's art is so damn good, and a lesser artist I probably wouldn't be half as tolerant of, especially given this is Bennet's third strike.
    What strikes in particular are you referring to? Honest question, just trying to gain some insight.
    Personally I'm becoming more and more convinced that people are just too thin-skinned and always looking for some reason to be upset. It's bordering on the ludicrous. Artist who makes honest mistake and people try to make some sort of defamation out of it where honestly it doesn't exist. To all of us I just say, grow up please.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainLiberty76 View Post
    What strikes in particular are you referring to? Honest question, just trying to gain some insight.
    Personally I'm becoming more and more convinced that people are just too thin-skinned and always looking for some reason to be upset. It's bordering on the ludicrous. Artist who makes honest mistake and people try to make some sort of defamation out of it where honestly it doesn't exist. To all of us I just say, grow up please.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ggreenwal...76413231632385

https://amp.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...ett_laughs_at/

He apologizes after each incident but it's the third time hes done some level of chuddry. It gets hard to say it's a honest mistake when he keeps doing **** like this, but at the same time, like I said before, he at bare minimum does apologize, which seems at least shows he has some degree of professionalism, where it seems more often people double down on these things rather than apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/ggreenwal...76413231632385

https://amp.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/...ett_laughs_at/

He apologizes after each incident but it's the third time hes done some level of chuddry. It gets hard to say it's a honest mistake when he keeps doing **** like this, but at the same time, like I said before, he at bare minimum does apologize, which seems at least shows he has some degree of professionalism, where it seems more often people double down on these things rather than apologize.
    Hmm, I see. I was unfamiliar with these incidents. It does paint an unfortunate image, but I think the present situation is not the same as these previous incidents. The previous two incidents which I agree are lacking in civility and common sense, do cause one to question Bennett's maturity and character. What we have in this panel however is an artist that I believe made an honest mistake while trying write backwards. What with the composition of the panel of the sales clerk and Joe in the Forefront it would be easy to miss a letter or two and make some mistake he did. Even now I'm willing to give someone the benefit of the doubt and based upon the evidence I do think in this case it was an honest mistake. It did misspell the name of the business and the word jewelry which are easy to do given the layout of the panel. The two incidences that you provided are not so easily dismissed, but at worst show a lack of character and maturity. I prefer to go by the old proverb which says judge not unless you want to be judged by the same measure. He did Apologize and I accept that at face value. Perhaps if more of us were willing to do so maybe our society would not be as divided as it is today.

Mighty Member

We can say someone is a garbage person but still enjoy the art. I think EVS is a pretty disappointing person, but I love his stuff on New X-Men.
    At best, this is a nod that sadly wasn't thought out too well.
    At its worst, it can be malicious to any Jewish readers.
    As stated before, I put this down to editorial to notice these problems. Especially so soon after X-Men Gold.

I get that in a few months this will be largely forgotten until the next controversy arises.
    The biggest annoyance for me is that gives those crappy YouTube channels who often complain about characters they don't like getting comics more fuel.
    Like, if I was an editor, I would just do my job better just to spite them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    It just occured to me, the "are we or aren't we the good guy?" from the latest issue is another echo of not only "Man or Monster... or both?" but also the geburah or golacheb.
    This theme repeats itself throughout, it's kinda twisted that Hulk who is made of gamma, which comes from TOBA a malevolent being, is meant to be the "good" guy while U-Foes in this instance, who are made of cosmic rays that come from TOAA the ultimate benevolent being, are actually the bad guys... I wonder if Ewing will play around more with this concept, it can't be just a coincidence.