Page 141 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2204
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uggha View Post
    I think the big take away is DC will not be overly concerned about any pre-existing Hulk lore but will be operating on his general knowledge as comic fan and just telling the story he wants to tell. Only time will tell if it is well received.
    I remember some interview that said he'd be focusing more on expanding the Hulk universe with new foes, etc (which to be fair is fairly lacking, since most of the conflict is internal)

I found this part of an interview interesting: (re: Is Bruce the bad guy?)

Quote Originally Posted by Donny Cates
    "No, I don't. I don't see him like that at all. I think that he's a deeply troubled and flawed man, just like all of us," explained the author. "And he's at a point in his life where he's trying to regain some control and some autonomy, and sometimes that can be very self destructive. And so, I think that the only victim right now is himself. And you see that with the vision of Betty who's acting as his subconscious moral center. Obviously, she's not real, right? But if you look at her actually, Ryan Ottley put her in her exact outfit that she looks like in her first appearance. Because that's how Bruce sees her in his mind as this girl that he hasn't ruined her life yet."
    also.. there's this interesting take on Bruce and what he's going through (RE: avoiding dealing with El Paso)

Quote Originally Posted by Donny Cates
    So, the idea of somebody who can't really face the things that he's done in the past, and is running away from them, and knowing full well that he is essentially committing suicide in fast forward. And he knows that he's going to run into a brick wall, he knows it's going to explode, but he doesn't care, because that to him is safer than dealing with the past. And so, that can make somebody very dangerous, to say the very least.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    I remember some interview that said he'd be focusing more on expanding the Hulk universe with new foes, etc (which to be fair is fairly lacking, since most of the conflict is internal)

also.. there's this interesting take on Bruce and what he's going through (RE: avoiding dealing with El Paso)
    Yeah, I think he wants to tell a story of someone who has emotional baggage and trying to run from it and making it worse. Considering how IH ended with Bruce being upbeat and feeling less burdened, it required something (El Paso) to set Bruce on a dysfunctional flight from emotional trauma.

Sad news about George Perez, who drew FUTURE IMPERFECT and illustrations for the WHAT SAVAGE BEAST novel with PAD:

https://www.gamesradar.com/george-pe...er-diagnsosis/
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post

I don’t mind new foes since Leader just had a lot of focus in Immortal Hulk but I do hope at least a few of Hulk’s old foes show up.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I think he's facing off against an alternate version of Ross soon if that counts. (Although it's unclear if this version has Red Hulk powers).

Nothing posted
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 12-08-2021 at 08:29 AM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Originally Posted by Donny Cates
    "No, I don't. I don't see him like that at all. I think that he's a deeply troubled and flawed man, just like all of us," explained the author. "And he's at a point in his life where he's trying to regain some control and some autonomy, and sometimes that can be very self destructive. And so, I think that the only victim right now is himself. And you see that with the vision of Betty who's acting as his subconscious moral center. Obviously, she's not real, right? But if you look at her actually, Ryan Ottley put her in her exact outfit that she looks like in her first appearance. Because that's how Bruce sees her in his mind as this girl that he hasn't ruined her life yet."
    Looks like Banner is being proactive; by utilizing his own Gamma Mind; as I surmised.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 12-08-2021 at 08:37 AM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

X-men now has the "Immortal" title.

Makes sense, considering they're technically immortal as well now, pretty much, although not quite in the same way Hulk was/is?

Volume 10 of Ewing's run came out today.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Volume 10 of Ewing's run came out today.
    Hope the hardcover omnis aren’t too far behind
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I really dislike the way Hulk being called "vessel" and "starship" every issue. It's a fresh take, but I have a feeling I am reading Evangelion- you know, with robots being KINDA alive too and all that.
    Well. At least he didn't kill them on purpose. That's something.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Jim Rugg is doing Hulk Grand Design, I cannot wait!

Love seeing the Kayfabe guys doing these!

TWO issues first issue is out in March 2022 and the second in April 2022.

https://www.gamesradar.com/hulk-grand-design/

And here is a great interview Rugg has with Piskor (with a lot of shown art!)

Last edited by charliehustle415; 12-09-2021 at 04:39 PM.

Looking forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    I really dislike the way Hulk being called "vessel" and "starship" every issue. It's a fresh take, but I have a feeling I am reading Evangelion- you know, with robots being KINDA alive too and all that.
    Well. At least he didn't kill them on purpose. That's something.
    Considering Banner remade Hulk's body into a ship that he mentally pilot's, that's why he's being called a "vessel" or "starship". I'm assuming Hulk traveling through the body of that Celestial armor and the beings he encounters, is like fighting antibodies.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 12-09-2021 at 04:52 PM.