Page 142 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2204

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    Considering Banner remade Hulk's body into a ship that he mentally pilot's, that's why he's being called a "vessel" or "starship". I'm assuming Hulk traveling through the body of that Celestial armor and the beings he encounters, is like fighting antibodies.
    I know why it's called this way? I said I dislike it. Hulk (THE HULK) being treated like some sort of car and police officers ask Bruce "sir please pull over, have you smoked today?" lol. How do they even detect such stuff? To anyone it should appear just as regular Hulk. No one can see him being "piloted" by someone.

And no, I don't think they are antibodies. They look like some sort of team managing time/space travels and interventions, they even name themselves. Also there is clearly some sort of spaceship right behind them. Antibodies need no ship to travel inside a body.

(Unless Celestials have an entire system inside them, with cities and stuff, which IS possible, but I personally don't think that's the case. Don't remember anything like this in Avengers or FF comics before. Cates probably going to brush it off so yup- Hulk just murdered a bunch of superheroes we never heard about.)
    Last edited by Dinosaur Hulk; 12-09-2021 at 06:18 PM.

Ultimate Member

LOLOLOL..the first letters of the name of that team spell out "Authority".

Between the costumes and "arterial dimensional between space" (the bleed) it's basically the Hulk smashing the Authority.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    Considering Banner remade Hulk's body into a ship that he mentally pilot's, that's why he's being called a "vessel" or "starship". I'm assuming Hulk traveling through the body of that Celestial armor and the beings he encounters, is like fighting antibodies.
    He is not traveling through the Celestial body and fighting it's anti-bodies, he went through a portal that was in the chest of the Celestial that Tony built to rescue people through if there is another Earth ending threat. We already know from what little context we have in issue 2 preview and from future issues solicitations that what happened to Hulk/Banner is that they are going through different timelines. In issue 4 for instance they travel to an alternate Earth Where General Ross is president.

Wonder if the Hulk can transform back into human form or would that mess up the "starship"?

Also although the first issue was better than expected some Hulk runs can start off fairly strong but go downhill. Bruce Jones had a fairly decent first issue. On the flip side, Immortal #1, while still very good, is kind of a smaller story which didn't really foreshadow the series deep dive into Hulk lore the series would eventually take.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 12-10-2021 at 06:57 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Wonder if the Hulk can transform back into human form or would that mess up the "starship"?

Also although the first issue was better than expected some Hulk runs can start off fairly strong but go downhill. Bruce Jones had a fairly decent first issue. On the flip side, Immortal #1, while still very good, is kind of a smaller story which didn't really foreshadow the series deep dive into Hulk lore the series would eventually take.
    I bet he can but Bruce has built his mental state in a way such that he can stay in Hulk form as long as he wants.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Wonder if that "Computer" voice is the suit or arguably another 'alter'.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    LOLOLOL..the first letters of the name of that team spell out "Authority".

Between the costumes and "arterial dimensional between space" (the bleed) it's basically the Hulk smashing the Authority.
    One shot no less.

With Apollo looking suspiciously like Ross Could be a humorous recurring gag with the dimension hopping.

Also, he cranks the power up to 2.. if he does it each issue come issue 10 things are gonna get explosive.. chances are by issue 5/6 he'll be near.. probably by him opening the door and confronting the Hulk with both of them hating each other should push it past 10.

The intro text also suggests the three parts are Hulk's Body (Starship), Hulk's Mind (Bridge), Hulk's Anger (Engine Room)

With WW getting a game I hope that shakes up Marvel and pushes them to start expanding their solo hero catalogue beyond Spidey. I’ve been waiting for years to get my true sequel to Ultimate Destruction, and I hope I live to see it get made.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    With WW getting a game I hope that shakes up Marvel and pushes them to start expanding their solo hero catalogue beyond Spidey. I’ve been waiting for years to get my true sequel to Ultimate Destruction, and I hope I live to see it get made.
    I'll eat my hat if we ever get an Ultimate Destruction sequel - what an amazing game.

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I'll eat my hat if we ever get an Ultimate Destruction sequel - what an amazing game.
    That was one of my favorite games of all time.

Has there been word at all about an Immortal Hulk Omnibus?

anybody remember when/if the old Hulk newspaper strips were compiled in a TPB?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post
    Has there been word at all about an Immortal Hulk Omnibus?
    Nothing for HC Omnis just yet

BANNED

"I'm not quite sure what you state is the case. We have a body of Hulk mentioned; that can change back to Banner; with Banner's and Hulk's psyche mentioned. Last time I checked, the body is not part off the psyche (unless Banner is wearing one)"

That's the thing though the third distinct part isn't a persona. I know Dr. Strange said he split the psyche into 3 parts but when he goes on to explain the three parts he mentions the "external frame", which is the Hulk's body. Then there's the #2 preview which says that Banner split Hulk into 3 distinct part, uses a colon and goes on to list 3 distinct parts

Quote Originally Posted by TCHRISJ View Post
    "I'm not quite sure what you state is the case. We have a body of Hulk mentioned; that can change back to Banner; with Banner's and Hulk's psyche mentioned. Last time I checked, the body is not part off the psyche (unless Banner is wearing one)"

That's the thing though the third distinct part isn't a persona. I know Dr. Strange said he split the psyche into 3 parts but when he goes on to explain the three parts he mentions the "external frame", which is the Hulk's body. Then there's the #2 preview which says that Banner split Hulk into 3 distinct part, uses a colon and goes on to list 3 distinct parts
    What Banner did to his psyche is one thing, and what he did to his body is another. Going by the preview, Banner's-Hulk body can revert to human form, so it stands to reason, that can't be a "distinct" part he rebuilt. Nor is the body part of the psyche (normally).
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being