Page 143 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145146147 LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2204
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Irradiated Being View Post
    What Banner did to his psyche is one thing, and what he did to his body is another. Going by the preview, Banner's-Hulk body can revert to human form, so it stands to reason, that can't be a "distinct" part he rebuilt. Nor is the body part of the psyche (normally).
    That's not the way Dr. Strange nor the preview explained it but we'll just have to wait and see

Quote Originally Posted by TCHRISJ View Post
    That's not the way Dr. Strange nor the preview explained it but we'll just have to wait and see
    Yes, we shall soon see.
    Last edited by Gamma Irradiated Being; 12-12-2021 at 08:44 PM.
    "Only the Hulk could have attempted it! Only the Hulk could have been capable of it! Only the Hulk could have done it!" - Tales to Astonish #63

"Hulk can do ANYTHING!!! Hulk is mind over matter, mind over energy, mind over mind" - Lord Smash'emall aka Gamma Ra the Assassin aka Gamma Irradiated Being

Spectacular Member

Of course, who is to say Donny Cates properly used the word psyche in Dr. Strange’s monologue from issue #1. Let’s face it, he is no Al Ewing when it comes to depth of researching what he writes. He kind of admitted as much during his panel at ECCC.
    Last edited by Uggha; 12-13-2021 at 04:53 AM.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #363
    “Still Life”

Cover Date: December 1989
    Sale Date: September 19th, 1989
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Jeff Purves
    Inker: Marie Severin
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Glynis Oliver
    Editor: Bobbie Chase

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Phil Sterns, Dr. Doom
    Villain: Grey Gargoyle
    Synopsis: During the “Acts of Vengeance” villains agreement, it is up to the Grey Gargoyle to try and take out the Hulk, as he is considered a wild card in their plans against the heroes. He assumes his civilian identity and heads to Las Vegas, where he is able to trace Banner to the lab outside of town. Meanwhile, Phil Sterns lets Banner in on the fact that he knows he true identity and what he’s doing here. The two become chummy and some interesting theories are bantered about, one of which haunts Banner on his way home. Grey Gargoyle, meanwhile, has taken the disguise of a policeman and pulls Banner over. He’s able to solidify him and load him in his car, but is shocked that even in his stone state, the transformation is still able to occur. It doesn’t paralyze him either, as the Hulk is able to albeit slowly, attack the Grey Gargoyle. Eventually, after trying to run him down with a cement roller, the Hulk’s healing factor is able to shake off the stone effects and send the Grey Gargoyle packing.
    Commentary: Like Secret Wars II, the Acts of Vengeance crossover issues were more fun for me than the main story itself. Sadly this was a miss for me. I’ve never been a Gene Colan fan, so the cover didn’t really do much to me – now or then. The main story was about Banner’s new job and conundrum on figuring out another cure for the Hulk. It didn’t feel like the Hulk was a very big factor in his own book and the Grey Gargoyle wasn’t really used to his full potential.

I finished volume 10 of Ewing's run and enjoyed it.

Welp time to leave the thread for few weeks again. And it's been only one issue. What's gonna happen after the first complete arc? Can't even imagine.

I’ve read a couple of Hulk runs years ago, but mostly I only read Hulk issues were Tony Stark/Iron Man guest starred in. So that’s why I picked up issue one and I enjoyed this issue. Although what I didn’t expect was to enjoy it so much were I will be getting the next issue. I’m hyped for Cates ideas for Hulk and I’ve never been a Hulk fan. So the first issue did it’s job on me. Looking forward to issue two.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

MODERATOR NOTES

Forty-nine posts have been deleted for spiraling into an argument that devolved into way too much name-calling and ad hominem attacks. Everyone is expected to follow the Code of Conduct here and comment on the posts and not on the members. If you can't bring yourself to do that I suggest you take some time off from the board until you are in a better state of mind.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

BANNED

FINALLY.

Anways, rumours of a Hulk solo movie are once again circling and there's even talks that a bunch of Hulk are going to appear in the She-Hulk series which leads into the movie. Apparently they're gonna be created from Jen's blood and the movie is gonna be somewhat similar to "Fall of the Hulks".

Thoughts? Does anyone even have faith in Marvel Studios to do the Hulk justice anymore?
    Last edited by TCHRISJ; 12-14-2021 at 09:22 AM.

Amazing Member

FINALLY.

Anways, rumours of a Hulk solo movie are once again circling and there's even talks that a bunch of Hulk are going to appear in the She-Hulk series which leads into the movie. Apparently they're gonna be created from Jen's blood and the movie is gonna be somewhat similar to "Fall of the Hulks".

Thoughts? Does anyone even have faith in Marvel Studios to do the Hulk justice anymore?
    I dunno. It depends. I have faith in marvel doing She-Hulk justice, at least. But I’m a little disappointed that they won’t be adapting the OG WWH. Wasn’t a huge fan of that particular run that the movie seems to be adapting. But we’ll see, it’s still pretty early.

No, not really anymore.

Hopefully I'm wrong though.

On the same page with cable guy. Disney, doing justice to Hulk? Great joke. Jen, on the other hand- easily believable. She Hulk probably will work great as tv-series.

Those rumours about "bunch of Hulks" sound idiotic and very unrealistic. Reminds me of Mephisto situation in WandaVision.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    On the same page with cable guy. Disney, doing justice to Hulk? Great joke. Jen, on the other hand- easily believable. She Hulk probably will work great as tv-series.

Those rumours about "bunch of Hulks" sound idiotic and very unrealistic. Reminds me of Mephisto situation in WandaVision.
    The only concern I have with She Hulk (the cast is great!) is that they'll try to appease fans too much and the potential if they lean too hard into that could blow up in their face.

And by that I mean the 4th wall stuff.. it works with Deadpool cause he's nuts.. sure it'll be a nice nod in the TV show when she does it (as other TV shows do) but that effectively isolates her from the rest of the MCU. And with rumors of MODOK appearing it doesn't seem like they're steering clear of the crazy stuff.

Again, cool nod for the fans.. but hopefully it stays as a narrative device for the show and not part of the character.

With Daredevil and Deadpool coming and being a derivative of the Hulk, there is that risk. It's a fine line to walk, I don't envy them.

Ross is going to be involved as well. Come to think of it, pretty sure the whole Red Hulk thing was MODOK's idea in the comics....
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

FINALLY.

Apparently they’ve course corrected with Spidey, it’s possible they could do the same for Hulk. Will they? I dunno, the MCU’s focus on action-comedies doesn’t really work for Hulk, he’s meant to be a darker character.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/