Page 144 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147 LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2204
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I would love to see a prequel that bridges the time between Norton Hulk and Avengers and how he ended up in India.

Hell have it take place in India where they see the Hulk as an avatar of Vishnu.

We've never had a major comic book film in South Asia, you can even have him run into Kingo during his Bollywood days.

Have a buddy cop team up between those two it would be so awesome.

Fantastic Member

Soooo..

Thoughts on if that line was literal or figurative?

Specifically..

spoilers:
    That's what happens when you make a deal with the devil.

I mean, it would go a long way to explaining how Bruce did what no one can conceive of (Dr Strange, top telepaths, etc) .. the red symbolism (yes I know it generally symbolizes anger, which would be better suited for the Engine Room).. tangentially picking up on Ewing's storyline.

We know Cates was reading the Hulk as a kid -- Rick's wedding occurred when Cates was 10 and is one of the few times Hulk interacted with Mephisto. Could El Paso be so bad that Bruce makes a deal with Mephisto when he gets a glimpse of what's ahead for him? Again, this Bruce was in Hell for a long time, who knows how messed up he is.
    end of spoilers

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Soooo..

Thoughts on if that line was literal or figurative?

Specifically..

spoilers:
    That's what happens when you make a deal with the devil.

I mean, it would go a long way to explaining how Bruce did what no one can conceive of (Dr Strange, top telepaths, etc) .. the red symbolism (yes I know it generally symbolizes anger, which would be better suited for the Engine Room).. tangentially picking up on Ewing's storyline.

We know Cates was reading the Hulk as a kid -- Rick's wedding occurred when Cates was 10 and is one of the few times Hulk interacted with Mephisto. Could El Paso be so bad that Bruce makes a deal with Mephisto when he gets a glimpse of what's ahead for him? Again, this Bruce was in Hell for a long time, who knows how messed up he is.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, I think it's literal.

It probably speaks to Strange being completely confused as to how Banner did whatever it was he did to himself.

This issue though was kind of "filler". No major developments here.

Quote Originally Posted by TCHRISJ View Post
    FINALLY.

Anways, rumours of a Hulk solo movie are once again circling and there's even talks that a bunch of Hulk are going to appear in the She-Hulk series which leads into the movie. Apparently they're gonna be created from Jen's blood and the movie is gonna be somewhat similar to "Fall of the Hulks".

Thoughts? Does anyone even have faith in Marvel Studios to do the Hulk justice anymore?
    No. Never again. Always going to be too tame. They will replace Bruce with Jen. I have no interest in this.

Fantastic Member

Bumping next issue's solicit:

“SMASHSTRONAUT” part 3 of 6!
    There is another Bruce Banner! But where is his Hulk? The answer to that question? Well, it’s a doozy. And it’s about to change our Hulk’s entire course of action! The most insane, action-packed HULK story you’ve ever read gets even MORE epic as Donny Cates and Ryan Ottley take things to a whole other level!

Another question is what happened to this Bruce's eye? Is it a self inflicted injury or something like Ant Man trying to get in through his eye, etc?

Kind of a filler issue, nothing really happened other than some admittedly cool fight scenes. Maybe next issue we’ll get some hints about what exactly is the overall direction for the book because as of right now I’m totally in the dark.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Nothing to praise this issue for except that cool scene with spoilers:
    giant Wolverine
    end of spoilers.

Bruce seeing Betty reminds me of how Dexter spoilers:
    sees Deborah
    end of spoilers in the new season. Does it mean Betty is dead?... Maybe that's what triggered his "breaking bad" moment? And damn, STOP IT with "deal with the devil", I swear to God, at this point I despise Mephisto as a character because he has been overused to death (thanks, Aaron and Spencer). "One More Day" really is the worst story, after this a lot of writers started to see Mephisto as "get out of the jail" card (or, at this case, "revert to status quo"?).

BANNED

This was a really weird issue, it was over so quick and it really didn't left me wanting for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    This was a really weird issue, it was over so quick and it really didn't left me wanting for more.
    Same here. It was one of the quickest $4 reads, I can ever remember. Not sure if I will be back for issue 3.

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Same here. It was one of the quickest $4 reads, I can ever remember. Not sure if I will be back for issue 3.
    A lot of comic books are better read in trades. I remember buying single issues before reading them and a lot of times I felt the same. "So that's it? For 4 bucks? I feel robbed", but it's easier if you look at this as one part of a bigger picture.
    With that said, I DO think every comic book should be worth its price, and it's not just about quantity of words in it, it's about essence and story.

Random question for the group:

When was it first shown that Wolverine could actually cut the Hulk's skin? The older encounters, if I remember right, had Wolverine never being able to penetrate Hulk's skin, but every modern encounter has Hulk being easily slashed open and directly stabbed by Wolverine's claws. There was a change somewhere I can't pinpoint. As a kid remember believing Wolverine simply wasn't strong enough to push the adamantium into Hulk's skin, regardless of how sharp the metal is. Did this change when Marvel dropped the Comics Code Authority or did it happen at some other point?

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post

When was it first shown that Wolverine could actually cut the Hulk's skin? The older encounters, if I remember right, had Wolverine never being able to penetrate Hulk's skin, but every modern encounter has Hulk being easily slashed open and directly stabbed by Wolverine's claws. There was a change somewhere I can't pinpoint. As a kid remember believing Wolverine simply wasn't strong enough to push the adamantium into Hulk's skin, regardless of how sharp the metal is. Did this change when Marvel dropped the Comics Code Authority or did it happen at some other point?
    I think at some point in the middle 80s they simply decided that adamntium is kind of magical and has inherently piercing capacity due to the vibranium that is part of the alloy, much like black Panther claws or cap Shield. 8s ot just Hulk skin that logna started chopping, but tanks plates , walls and whatever he wanted. Much like Hulk started tk heal ridiculously fast, and making mid jump change of direction curiously.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doombot View Post

Didn't it change when PAD had Wolverine fight the gray Hulk?

The narrator (Logan) said that his claws had cut Hulk, but didn't notice that Hulk healed them as quickly as they were made.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    giant Wolverine
    end of spoilers.

sees Deborah
    end of spoilers in the new season. Does it mean Betty is dead?... Maybe that's what triggered his "breaking bad" moment? And damn, STOP IT with "deal with the devil", I swear to God, at this point I despise Mephisto as a character because he has been overused to death (thanks, Aaron and Spencer). "One More Day" really is the worst story, after this a lot of writers started to see Mephisto as "get out of the jail" card (or, at this case, "revert to status quo"?).
    Wouldn't she technically be immortal too?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    giant Wolverine
    end of spoilers.

sees Deborah
    From the interview I linked/quoted earlier in the thread, it's Bruce's idealized version of Betty from when he first met her, before he ruined her life according to him.

Cates knows he's going to piss off some Hulk fans, but I don't see her being dead. Plus if he's one of the traditionalist Hulk fans we'll get nerdy Bruce, Betty as doting love interest, and dumb green guy. Also, you'd think she'd warrant a mention by the assembled heroes ("He's nuts, he killed his own wife! He's out of control.")