Page 146 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147 LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2204

Looks like Hulk will fight a Spider-Hulk of some kind in a few issues.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member

If the covers are an indication, Thor and Hulk are fighting in an arena.

Please don't let it be a redux of Ragnarok.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    If the covers are an indication, Thor and Hulk are fighting in an arena.

Please don't let it be a redux of Ragnarok.
    Again? How many times Hulk had to fight In an arena?!

On Sale 4/27/22
    HULK VS. THOR: BANNER OF WAR ALPHA #1
    Written by DONNY CATES
    Art by MARTIN COCCOLO
    Cover by GARY FRANK
    Variant Cover by MARTIN COCCOLO

On Sale May 2022
    THOR #25 – “Banner of War” Part Two
    Written by DONNY CATES
    Art by MARTIN COCCOLO
    Cover by GARY FRANK

HULK #7 – “Banner of War” Part Three
    Written by DONNY CATES
    Art by MARTIN COCCOLO
    Cover by GARY FRANK

On Sale June 2022
    THOR #26 – “Banner of War” Part Four
    Written by DONNY CATES
    Art by MARTIN COCCOLO
    Cover by GARY FRANK

HULK #8 – “Banner of War” Part Five
    Written by DONNY CATES
    Art by MARTIN COCCOLO
    Cover by GARY FRANK

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=145485061

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I feel like this should've come out during Ragnarok.

Yup it's 5 years late.

I’m indifferent to this sort of “who can beat who?” crap and can’t understand making an entire event out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m indifferent to this sort of “who can beat who?” crap and can’t understand making an entire event out of it.
    Well, Thor and Hulk is one of the most iconic grudge matches in comics although I don't think it warrants an event either.

Fantastic Member

The only potentially redeeming factor I see in this, is that it's 5 issues and the final word seems to be in Hulk's 2nd issue.

In the end of things, it's still a Banner controlled Hulk up against an Odin Thor. So.. someone's going to complain regardless of how it unfolds.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #365
    “Countdown Fantastic 4”

Cover Date: January 1990
    Sale Date: November 21st, 1989
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Jeff Purves
    Inker: Marie Severin
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Glynis Oliver
    Editor: Bobbie Chase

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: The Fantastic Four, Doc Samson, Phil Sterns
    Synopsis: To quote the opening narration boxes: “The Hulk has lain dormant for close to four hours – a combination of the unknown poison in his body, the strain of his battle with the Abomination and the fact that it’s daytime. In that time, repair crews have been summoned, government officials contacted, everything by the books. The crews, thinking the gray behemoth dead, don’t understand that time is a factor. They will shortly.” Shortly being the next page, where the Hulk wakes up and leaps from the lab, needing time and space to think. Minutes later, we see Doc Samson arrive on the scene, who we find out is working for the US Government on leads about possible Hulk sightings. In Phoenix, Arizona, we see Reed Richards of the Fantastic Four giving a speech at a convention center. Sharon Ventura, aka Ms. Marvel, aka She-Thing and Ben Grimm are sitting in the audience, while the Invisible Woman is shopping. The Hulk comes crashing through and a fight soon starts. Not being up to date on the current happenings of the FF, the Hulk believes that Ms. Marvel is Ben Grimm and there’s a lot of punny dialogue between the two. At one point, the Hulk tries to be the voice of reason and stop the fight. It doesn’t work, as Ms. Marvel is still holding a grudge from the thrashing that Grimm got back in issue #350. In the end, the Hulk discovers that the She-Thing isn’t Grimm, that Grimm is really human again before succumbing to another heart attack. Reed deduces that the Hulk was here looking for help, and intends to give it, while the rest of the team tries arguing against it. He wakes up later in the hospital and is told by Richards that they need a blood sample to see what is causing these heart attacks but they are stymied because of his impervious skin. The Hulk punches himself in the face, which results in a bloody nose. He then heads to the bar across the street while waiting for the test results and he and Grimm have a heart-to-heart, recalling the events from FF #12, where the Hulk was believed to be the Wrecker (ugh, that name…ugh!). Grimm apologizes and the Hulk, in his own twisted way, does too. He heads back to the hospital to get an update on his condition. Richards equates the poison to an artificially created AIDS virus, where it constantly mutates and even the Hulk’s healing factor is unable to shake it. Transforming into the Hulk didn’t save Banner’s life, only prolong it. Unless a cure can be found, the Hulk will die at sunrise.
    Commentary: I liked this particular newsprint paper stock Marvel used on this issue. It holds the old school coloring better on the paper, and there’s less chance of ink bleed during hot summer storage on long drives. I think it only was for a couple of issues before going back to the standard newsprint. Purves’ layouts are serviceable, Severin’s finishes reek of nostalgia from her tenure on the book 20 years earlier. Again, I see too much Kenner Star Wars action posing, especially that bottom panel on page 19. Okay, maybe with Sharon’s knees being bent, we can upgrade to a 3 ¾ G.I. Joe figure. Either way, the weak action shots are not doing justice to the artist…who according to PAD, was pretty much done with comics by this point.

Mmm. Cates underwhelmed in Thor. But he sure knows how to tease me at least. I find myself more in love with the concept he is pushing, not so much the execution though. Yet and still, this is, as mentioned, one of the most iconic rivalries in all of comics so....*sigh*....yeah. I'll be picking this up, lol.

You know how to push my buttons Donnie.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.