Page 147 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147
Results 2,191 to 2,204 of 2204
    BANNED

Am i the only one that finds it stupid, if not outright insulting that Marvel/Cates is replacing Nic Klein and Ottley on their respective titles just for this clash? Nothing against Martin Coccolo i actually think his artwork is great, but why do this to Ottley and Klein? Have Coccolo do the first issue that is a neutral/one-shot book basically that starts of the "event" and then have Klein and Ottley do the other 2 issues in their own titles respectively.

Cates always going on how much he wanted to the work with Ottley and how none of us are ready on the kind of destruction he will let him unleash and then the most iconic fight and rivalry in Marvel happens that is suppose to be according to Cates himself(who overhypes everything to be fair) the craziest fight in Marvel ever, he just lets Ottley sit this one out? Really you go on about how Ottley will do the craziest stuff in this book and then you literally dont have him do what you call the craziest fight in Marvel lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Am i the only one that finds it stupid, if not outright insulting that Marvel/Cates is replacing Nic Klein and Ottley on their respective titles just for this clash? Nothing against Martin Coccolo i actually think his artwork is great, but why do this to Ottley and Klein? Have Coccolo do the first issue that is a neutral/one-shot book basically that starts of the "event" and then have Klein and Ottley do the other 2 issues in their own titles respectively.

Cates always going on how much he wanted to the work with Ottley and how none of us are ready on the kind of destruction he will let him unleash and then the most iconic fight and rivalry in Marvel happens that is suppose to be according to Cates himself(who overhypes everything to be fair) the craziest fight in Marvel ever, he just lets Ottley sit this one out? Really you go on about how Ottley will do the craziest stuff in this book and then you literally dont have him do what you call the craziest fight in Marvel lol.
    Wait ryan ottley, the same one from Invincible is drawing the hulk?!?1 oh i got to go give issue one a chance now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like this should've come out during Ragnarok.
    Hulk was more or less still dead when that film came out. They did bring back Sakaar in Amadeus's book though around that time.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #366
    “Countdown the Leader”

Cover Date: February 1990
    Sale Date: December 19th, 1989
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: Jeff Purves
    Inker: Marie Severin
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Glynis Oliver
    Editor: Bobbie Chase

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Doc Samson, the Riot Squad, Rock and Redeemer.
    Villain: The Leader, Madman
    Synopsis: Doc Samson and an Army General are discussing the current vs. outdated files on the Hulk when a troop transport truck comes careening through the air. Samson catches it thinking he’s rescuing soldiers but it’s nothing but laundry. They move out, heading in the direction of where it was launched. The Hulk stirs from the pile of clothing and demands information on where the Abomination is being kept to the remaining soldiers. Inside of what’s left of the Yucca Flats lab, Madman also takes his leave. The Hulk arrives at the military convoy and has a hard time trying to take on a single tank, due to his condition. He finally overtakes it and starts questioning the Abomination on who hired him to attack the plant. Before he can get an answer, more soldiers arrive but the Hulk is mysteriously teleported from the area to the Leader’s secret hideaway. Rock, Redeemer and the Riot Squad arrive and a battle ensues. Most of it deals with the Hulk trying to gain an upper-hand against his foes, as his condition is getting worse. The Leader calls an end to all hostilities and the two enemies walk away, and the Hulk is brought up to date on Madman (who poisoned him), the Abomination (who saved his life) and Betty (whose whereabouts are known). In exchange for Betty’s location, the Leader has one request; kill Madman.
    Commentary: So long, Purves! PAD stated in an essay in Amazing Heroes #198 that Purves just quit comics altogether and editorial was scrambling to find a replacement. That knowledge had me re-examining each and every issue of the Fixit era during re-reads – and I could see a noticeable trend that pointed down, rather than up, which I hope I have conveyed in these reviews. Purves’ heart wasn’t in super hero books, and it started to show after the Anti-Hulk storyline. In this issue alone, 90% of the faces were done by Marie, there are one or two of the Hulk that has a remnant of Purves. Glad to know that he had better success in animation and storyboarding. Simonson’s cover last issue was pretty good, but this one goes back to a rushed job that was quickly handed in. We finally get some answers to some questions, mainly what’s been going on with the Leader and the survivors since #346, how the Abomination’s mind was restored and an update on Betty’s status.

Fantastic Member

MARCH SOLICITS

HULK2021005_Cov.jpg

HULK #5

DONNY CATES (W) • RYAN OTTLEY (A/C) • VARIANT COVER BY Pepe Larraz

CARNAGE FOREVER VARIANT COVER BY JONBOY MEYERS

“SMASHSTRONAUT” part 5 of 6!

• As President Thunderbolt Ross rains down gamma-irradiated hell, Bruce Banner’s Starship Hulk experiment faces its toughest field test yet – this time, it might crack under the pressure.

• Bruce Banner thinks his control over the Hulk is now absolute…but what if he’s wrong?

HULKGDMONSTER2022001_Cov.jpg

HULK GRAND DESIGN: MONSTER #1

JIM RUGG (W) • JIM RUGG (A/C)

Variant Cover by PEACH MOMOKO

Variant Cover by ED PISKOR

Variant Cover by Marcos Martin

The acclaimed Grand Design franchise continues! Writer/artist Jim Rugg follows in the tradition of Ed Piskor and Tom Scioli by unfurling the full saga of THE INCREDIBLE HULK, from the very beginning to the present! Witness the biggest moments in the Hulk’s history through the eyes of a single visionary storyteller!

MAESTROWWM2022002_Cov.jpg

MAESTRO: WORLD WAR M #2 (OF 5)

PETER DAVID (W) • GERMÁN PERALTA (A)

Cover by CARLOS PACHECO • Variant Cover by INHYUK LEE

BATTLE AT PACIFICA!

The Maestro is out for revenge against those who attacked him, which has led him straight to the bottom of the Pacific Ocean, right into the underwater city ruled by the Sub-Mariner, Namor! But the Maestro might be outmatched…or, more likely, out-limbed.

Fantastic Member

SHEHUK2022003cov.jpg

SHE-HULK #3

RAINBOW ROWELL (W) • ROGÊ ANTÔNIO (A) • Cover by JEN BARTEL

WOMEN’S HISTORY VARIANT COVER BY JAN BAZALDUA • CARNAGE FOREVERVARIANT COVER BY SKAN

• Jack of Hearts is back, and it’s up to She-Hulk to help him figure out why.

• But Jack may be the key to figuring out something that has been chasing her since 1989.

• In the meantime – A SMASHING RETURN! GUEST STARS! AND THE FUNNIEST, SEXIEST BOOK ON THE STANDS!

Mmm Hulked Out Heroes...
    Back to 2010.

Fantastic Member

Hulk related appearances this week..

- Devils Reign #2
    spoilers:
    Doc Oc uses the FF portal to pull an alternate Hulk, Wolverine and Ghost Rider to form a new Superior FF.
    end of spoilers
    - Timeless (speculation)
    spoilers:
    There's a part about the moon being cracked in a great reckoning.. although to be fair it could be a reference to the Reckoning War. But given that the Hulk is in space and Cates promises some over the top stuff.. I can see it being something he has the Hulk do.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Hulk related appearances this week..

- Devils Reign #2
    spoilers:
    Doc Oc uses the FF portal to pull an alternate Hulk, Wolverine and Ghost Rider to form a new Superior FF.
    end of spoilers
    - Timeless (speculation)
    spoilers:
    There's a part about the moon being cracked in a great reckoning.. although to be fair it could be a reference to the Reckoning War. But given that the Hulk is in space and Cates promises some over the top stuff.. I can see it being something he has the Hulk do.
    end of spoilers
    Moon getting cracked is definitely Reckoning War related.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Yea how the hell would MacKay know what Cates is planning for Hulk, especially something as specific as a Moon getting blown.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Yea how the hell would MacKay know what Cates is planning for Hulk, especially something as specific as a Moon getting blown.
    That's how these one off event books work.. editorial gets the information from the various teams and writer gives teases for upcoming projects. Happened during Age of Ultron and other books like this.

With all the other characters largely represented and given the big push Hulk is getting that's the only one I thought had an outside chance of being Hulk related. And with the other two reckoning references I was speculating (X-Men immediately below the moon thing and Jack of Hearts which is from She-Hulk but Reckoning War related also)

Anyways, I haven't been keeping tabs over the years for what Slott has planned but knowing the Watcher is on the moon is likely what it is and not the Hulk.
    Last edited by Cth; 12-31-2021 at 06:26 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    That's how these one off event books work.. editorial gets the information from the various teams and writer gives teases for upcoming projects. Happened during Age of Ultron and other books like this.

With all the other characters largely represented and given the big push Hulk is getting that's the only one I thought had an outside chance of being Hulk related. And with the other two reckoning references I was speculating (X-Men immediately below the moon thing and Jack of Hearts which is from She-Hulk but Reckoning War related also)

Anyways, I haven't been keeping tabs over the years for what Slott has planned but knowing the Watcher is on the moon is likely what it is and not the Hulk.
    Hulk book isn't really tied to the Timeles project and there is nothing exciting going on for the writers to tease about... Oh it's an angry Hulk going around smashing some Hulked out heroes from another reality, we've seen this before and it's actually surprisingly a boring premise at this point.

Fantastic Member

Timothée Chalamet recast as Bruce Banner..

.. in this really weird article by ScreenRant

https://screenrant.com/recasting-mcu...hase-one-2021/

So, it got me thinking, with the multiverse expanding, who would you cast as a Variant Bruce Banner?

From memory these names were tossed about in the past:
    - David Duchovony
    - Adam Scott

I'd probably go with Hugh Dancy (Hannibal).. he's got the haunted, barely controlled anger wrapped in a quiet sensitive side... and he'd be good opposite Tatiana Maslany.

There's some rumors that Bill Murray might play a character from the Jarella saga in Ant-Man 3. Kind of reminds me about how we have some characters from Planet Hulk in the Thor films and Bereet made a small cameo in Guardians of the Galaxy.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth