Page 17 of 147 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    1. Anyone saying he should be fired is entirely right to do so. Because this is not a one-off incident, it's just one more example of him being awful
    2. Again, a man caught on tape bragging about sexual assault got elected President of the united States. Holding people accountable is necesary
    Yeah, you're right. The world would be better off without this MONSTER. I think we should burn him at the stake. I'll get the kindling you get the marshmallows, deal?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, you're right. The world would be better off without this MONSTER. I think we should burn him at the stake. I'll get the kindling you get the marshmallows, deal?
    He shouldn't be burnt at the stake, but he needs to face some repercussions, if Marvel plans to keep him they can't just apologize and then continue on pretending like nothing happened, he would actually need to show change, donate some of his proceedings to some Jewish/trans organization, do some charity artwork, do something.

I was personally always more in favor of that than firing someone and then pretending they don't exist, unless of course they do something really heinous like sexual assault/harassment or stuff like that.

Back on track. It was another great issue. I loved the Mr. Fix It stuff.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    He shouldn't be burnt at the stake, but he needs to face some repercussions, if Marvel plans to keep him they can't just apologize and then continue on pretending like nothing happened, he would actually need to show change, donate some of his proceedings to some Jewish/trans organization, do some charity artwork, do something.

I was personally always more in favor of that than firing someone and then pretending they don't exist, unless of course they do something really heinous like sexual assault/harassment or stuff like that.
    Marvel can't punish him since they should've been doing their jobs and editing the book.
    You can't punish him either cuz you're just some rando on the internet.
    "Cable was right!"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Marvel can't punish him since they should've been doing their jobs and editing the book.
    Had Benett just opted to be a rando on the internet with a username on a forum when voicing his opinions, instead of using his actual name or his work, there wouldn't be a issue right now.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post

Incredible Hulk #297
    “Sleep, My Child…And Peace Attend Thee All Through the Night!”

Cover Date: July 1984
    Sale Date: April 10th, 1984
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Gerry Talaoc
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Carl Potts

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Kate Waynesboro, Gabe Jones.
    Villain: Nightmare
    Synopsis: A very confused and angry Savage Hulk wanders the countryside, lashing out at everything in his way. Kate rejoins SHIELD, and she and Gabe Jones trail him but are unable to subdue him. While he was able to hold his breath during a gas attack, the Hulk eventually falls asleep and dreams of losing all his accolades and accomplishments. As he awakens, an apparition of Dr. Strange coaxes the brute to seek out his help, and the Hulk vows to smash Strange if he doesn’t…with the demonic Nightmare gleefully watching.
    Commentary: While not explicitly named, the town the Hulk has destroyed appears to be Haddleyville from issue #293. The root cause of Banner’s decent back into a monster is from Nightmare’s machinations. We’ll get a full explanation next issue.

I should actually read this Banner-Hulk arc.
    "Cable was right!"

I should actually read this Banner-Hulk arc.
    Same here, it does look interesting and I haven't read it before (as far as I can recall).

BANNED

I mean they can still punish him, it really depends if they cave in to the backlash or not, i can't imagine things will return to normal like nothing happened and Ewing and Bennett will continue releasing the issues normally.

I don't wanna punish him, it's not my job to punish anyone.

is there going to be another Hulk solo cartoon show?

I'm still wanting some arcs from the comics animated into cartoon movies. I'd rather see these stories adapted in media res, rather than going into elaborate backstory explanation each time.

I really want grey Hulk animated stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    .....I really want grey Hulk animated stories.
    As do I, classic Grey Hulk is my favorite other transformation for Banner.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Same here, it does look interesting and I haven't read it before (as far as I can recall).
    If you're lucky enough to find them at a decent price, they're in the "Pardoned" and "Regression" tpbs. If not, Marvel Unlimited has them...but I recommend getting #296 from ComiXology. No editing out the portions with Rom in it.

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    If you're lucky enough to find them at a decent price, they're in the "Pardoned" and "Regression" tpbs. If not, Marvel Unlimited has them...but I recommend getting #296 from ComiXology. No editing out the portions with Rom in it.
    Thanks for the info and tip, I'll do that.

I'm still wanting some arcs from the comics animated into cartoon movies. I'd rather see these stories adapted in media res, rather than going into elaborate backstory explanation each time.

Grey Hulk/Fixit appeared in the 90's animated series; apart from that he's appeared in some other Marvel toons (Notably Ultimate Spider-Man) but mainly as a guest star.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Grey Hulk/Fixit appeared in the 90's animated series; apart from that he's appeared in some other Marvel toons (Notably Ultimate Spider-Man) but mainly as a guest star.
    Indeed, I remember the 1990s' Hulk cartoon fondly from when I was growing up. It aired on the now defuncted United Paramount Network I believe. Ah, those were good times.
    Last edited by Celgress; 02-07-2021 at 08:58 PM.

Doubtful. It would be ironic if Feige taking over all of Marvel means we get non-bootleg animated knockoffs of the MCU, since Loeb was the one who just wanted to copy the movies, but Matvel has never really been interested in pushing their characters into animation like DC has. They’ve got the MCU to appeal to kids after all. Still a cartoon is often a better way to adapt comics than a movie, more freedom to do long term storytelling. I would love to see more animated Hulk, it sucks we never got a World War Hulk follow up to that Planet Hulk movie.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/