Page 19 of 147 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Will Skaar never appear in Immortal Hulk? Does anyone else find it strange that he hasn't appeared in the comic yet? Where is he anyway?

I believe he was depowered and given a bunch of cash to basically frig off and live a normal life. Would be cool to see him show up though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    I believe he was depowered and given a bunch of cash to basically frig off and live a normal life. Would be cool to see him show up though.
    He was last seen with the Warbound, so he might be in space.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Will Skaar never appear in Immortal Hulk? Does anyone else find it strange that he hasn't appeared in the comic yet? Where is he anyway?

It's surprising he hasn't popped up given Immortal Hulk really explores Bruce's daddy issues. So exploring how he deals with his actual kids would've been interesting.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    Will never forget #299 and the “Banner Psychic Suicide” scene. Marvel heavily hyped that this was it for Bruce permanently and naive little 13 year old me believed it! I was shocked... and then surprised Banner was back within 10 months.

By the way, we all know how Dr Strange handled the Hulk in #300... did they ever follow up on this again with Hulk going out for revenge against Doc? We all know how he reacted years later to being exiled off Earth...
    There was a follow-up story in Savage Hulk vol 2 where an alien tracks down Doctor Strange to take the Hulk back to Earth. Not sure how that ended.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    It seems from IH and others that Doc Green's gamma cure didn't entirely work. Betty and Ross are back in their red forms, although different (Ross has his mustache, while Betty also has Harpy mixed in). With Rick it's a bit up in the air because they pretty much gave him 'fresh' gamma radiation.

Also, they 'died' (Betty was "killed" shortly becoming Red Harpy, Rick was of course also dead-heck, he might still be technically if the Leader was controlling him the entire time) which maybe 'reboots' the process. Bruce was also "cured" too but his prior resurrections before IH in Secret Empire and Uncanny Avengers had him back to being the Hulk immediately.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jebsib View Post
    Will never forget #299 and the “Banner Psychic Suicide” scene. Marvel heavily hyped that this was it for Bruce permanently and naive little 13 year old me believed it! I was shocked... and then surprised Banner was back within 10 months.

By the way, we all know how Dr Strange handled the Hulk in #300... did they ever follow up on this again with Hulk going out for revenge against Doc? We all know how he reacted years later to being exiled off Earth...
    No, other than a passing mention of it in #370.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #300
    “Days of Rage!”

Cover Date: October 1984
    Sale Date: July 10th, 1984
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema & Alan Kupperberg
    Inker: Gerry Talaoc and Danny Bulanadi
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Carl Potts

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Kate Waynesboro, Gabe Jones, Dr. Strange, Spider-Man, Daredevil, the Human Torch, Power Man and Iron Fist, Thor, Starfox, Wasp, Captain Marvel, Vision and Scarlet Witch.
    Villain: The Hulk
    Synopsis: A now-mindless and raging Hulk rampages across New York City, and no super hero seems to be able to stop him. Dr. Strange makes the difficult decision to banish the monster to another dimension entirely.
    Commentary: Great smash n’ bash issue, but wish there was more leeway for some fights. A Hulk/She-Hulk fight would have been great…or one against the Thing. Kate is written off the book and we won’t see her for 20+ years. Get ready for some heavy exposition the next dozen issues...with a lot of “RAARGH!” and no supporting cast, it’s a LOT of narrative boxes. And recaps…oh man, the recaps! Sal and Gerry keep getting better and better, portraying the Hulk as a very ruthless and mindless beast.

Astonishing Member

http://www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.p...67&postcount=1

I trust that Mark waid in this short story with Wolverine vs Hulk, with Jim lee era for X-men and Professor Hulk Pantheon Era for Hulk.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    http://www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.p...67&postcount=1

I trust that Mark waid in this short story with Wolverine vs Hulk, with Jim lee era for X-men and Professor Hulk Pantheon Era for Hulk.
    LOL, I don't trust Waid regarding Hulk even a little bit, the guy openly admitted Hulk is the character he is the least interested in writing and has had clashes with Hulk fans over inconsistencies in Indestructible Hulk.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 02-12-2021 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    LOL, I don't trust Waid regarding Hulk even a little bit, the guy openly admitted Hulk is the character he is the least interested in writing and has had clashes with Hulk fans over inconsistencies in Indestructible Hulk.
    Huh that why I was so bored reading his take on Hulk. Don't get me wrong, Waid is incredible writer (to this day I think his FF run was amazing + his Daredevil is pretty interesting) but Hulk... I've read two volumes and it was one of the most boring, generic comic books I've ever seen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalHulk View Post
    Huh that why I was so bored reading his take on Hulk. Don't get me wrong, Waid is incredible writer (to this day I think his FF run was amazing + his Daredevil is pretty interesting) but Hulk... I've read two volumes and it was one of the most boring, generic comic books I've ever seen.
    Waid was an incredible writer some time ago, in the last decade or so he has been churning out some really bad stuff. I know some people are divided on his Daredevil stuff but it's one of the worst takes on Daredevil i have seen, it goes against everything the character is about but i digress. As for his Hulk run, just before he did the run, he famously did an interview where he was asked which character he has no desire to write about and his answer was Hulk... and then shortly after he ended up writing Hulk and you can tell he really didn't care or have any real direction for the character. He got into twitter fights with Hulk fans and couldn't wait to get off the book.

So i guarantee you this little Logan vs Hulk story he is writing is gonna have Logan humiliating Hulk, i can guarantee that.

Fantastic Member

To be fair, Hulk fans are RARELY kind to creators online. In this case they were particularly deserving if the scorn. It was the worst showing of Hulk fandom.

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    To be fair, Hulk fans are RARELY kind to creators online. In this case they were particularly deserving if the scorn. It was the worst showing of Hulk fandom.
    Can we really differ "Hulk fans" from "comic book fans" in general? Batman fans were pretty vocal about Tom King's run, Spider-Man fans went all out on Dan Slott after "Dying Wish" storyline. Rarely, very rarely do I see someone like YellowFlash openly hating on Ewing's book, for the most part all I see is praise or "this book is just not for me" level of criticism.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    No fandom is perfect and i wont say that some Hulk fans didn't say some nasty stuff to him, but at the same time Waid never wanted to admit making errors regarding Hulk, which annoyed people even more.

But regardless of that the biggest problem is the editors who put Waid on a book he never wanted to write... you can't force someone to write something, his lack of research on the character, understanding the character as well as having any kind of direction/plan was pretty evident.