Page 21 of 147 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    I think Hickman did some good work with Banner in Avengers at the time although he was dealing with Waid's Hulk which was pretty much just MCU Hulk with armor for some reason.

He definitely did great with Doc Green, having him be part of the Illuminati trying to work out the Incursion problem.

Well I certainly enjoyed his Hulk
    In fact Hulk and Thor are the only two Marvel properties left I’d like to see Hickman tackle.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #301
    “Crossroads!”

Cover Date: November 1984
    Sale Date: August 7th, 1984
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Gerry Talaoc
    Letterer: Eshipd Mahilum
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Carl Potts

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Dr. Strange, the Puffball Collective.
    Synopsis: Dr. Strange contemplates the consequences of his actions from last issue, while the Hulk makes his first foray into a new dimension as a diminutive being smashing an alien boy’s playset.
    Commentary: Interesting start to a year-long saga of strange encounters in alien dimensions. Some are good, some are bad. At this point, Mantlo and Buscema have been teamed together for four years, and it’s going to fall apart in a few months.

Read Flatline, it was fine. Honestly I don’t think anyone else has done a great job of capturing the IH dynamic as laid out by Ewing. Maybe when his run is over they should switch to a new alter, whoever that would be.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I'm assuming Flatline takes place just before Ewing's run on Immortal Hulk. This being the motivation behind why the Devil Hulk is so protective of Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    I'm assuming Flatline takes place just before Ewing's run on Immortal Hulk. This being the motivation behind why the Devil Hulk is so protective of Banner.
    Yes, it's assumed by reviewer from WeirdScienceMarvel too.

Issue was pretty great IMO, I really like this kind of one-shot stories. This scene with suicide attempts hits right in the feelings. Granny basically tells Devil "be a dad you're supposed to be".

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

May 2021 Solicitations

IMMORTAL HULK #46

AL EWING (W), JOE BENNETT (A)

Cover by ALEX ROSS

Homage variant by JOE BENNETT

PREDATOR VARIANT COVER BY DALE KEOWN

* We thought they were dead. We thought they'd been banished, controlled, made harmless. We were wrong.

* The gamma monsters are coming back -- converging, one by one, on New York City. And who can stop them now?

* Who can save us...from the IMMORTAL HULK?
    1613658895666.jpg

IMMORTAL HULK: TIME OF MONSTERS #1

AL EWING, ALEX PAKNADEL AND DAVID VAUGHAN (W), JUAN FERREYRA, MORE (A)

Cover by JUAN FERREYRA

DEADPOOL 30TH VARIANT COVER BY ROB LIEFELD

* Ten thousand years ago, something green and glowing comes to poison the ancient ground of the Fertile Crescent -- and the hearts of its people.

* One boy is left to bear the consequences -- and, for the first time...to open THE GREEN DOOR.

* Plus: Bruce Banner faces a challenge unlike any he's seen before as writer David Vaughan makes his Marvel debut!
    1613658960482.jpg

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk Annual #13
    “Friends!”

Cover Date: 1984
    Sale Date: August 14th, 1984
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Alan Kupperberg
    Inker: Gerry Talaoc
    Letterer: Jim Novak
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Carl Potts

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Puffball Collective, Sym.
    Synopsis: The Hulk’s attempt to find food and water leads him to a dimension dependant on a symbiotic relationship between the animals and skeletal creatures capable of neutralizing the poisonous effects of the food.
    Commentary: Good annual. At this point, I only had a handful of comics in my possession. Between this one, Annual #12 and a handful of G.I. Joe and Transformer books, I was entertained for hours. Talaoc’s inks really overpower Kupperburg’s pencils…and in a great way. I remember reading Transformers #5 with Kupperburg on pencils and cringing. For what it’s worth, pages 10 and 16 are deserved for a Fat-Head Alert. And for some mysterious reason, the Hulk is back in tattered purple pants.

BANNED

How does everyone feel about this "original Hulk" that predates Bruce Banners existence by about 10 000 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    How does everyone feel about this "original Hulk" that predates Bruce Banners existence by about 10 000 years?
    It's alright, reminds me of that Hulk Vs. Pit crossover backstory a long while ago though

Also, solicits for the Heroes Reborn side-event came out as well and the second issue specifically mentions ""immortal Hulk" as a villain that's going to appear. I wonder how an alt-universe IH works with Ewing's lore when it's heavily implied that earth-616 Bruce is unique, at least in regards to TOBA choosing him.

1613655859348.jpg

Fantastic Member

Ehh, too soon to call, but initially not thrilled.

Mainly because I like the idea of gamma forms being largely based on psychological makeup which is why almost all gamma beings look different from each other and manifest differently.

It's why I don't like interpretations like Busiek's Avengers issue where an entire country turns into Hulk clones. Essentially, it makes Banner not essential and not unique. In some cases I can see it, like Rick and Ross being so obsessed that their forms manifested similar.

Again, it's too soon to say.. I am interested in seeing how BKV's brother does. Surprised they didn't use the 10,000,000 BC "Hulk"/Starbrand given Ewing's love of continuity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Also, solicits for the Heroes Reborn side-event came out as well and the second issue specifically mentions ""immortal Hulk" as a villain that's going to appear. I wonder how an alt-universe IH works with Ewing's lore when it's heavily implied that earth-616 Bruce is unique, at least in regards to TOBA choosing him.

1613655859348.jpg
    I mean it's written by Aaron who literally doesn't care about lore other writers established, he is gonna have Hyperion slap the crap out of Hulk to payback Hulk fans lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cth View Post
    Ehh, too soon to call, but initially not thrilled.

Mainly because I like the idea of gamma forms being largely based on psychological makeup which is why almost all gamma beings look different from each other and manifest differently.

It's why I don't like interpretations like Busiek's Avengers issue where an entire country turns into Hulk clones. Essentially, it makes Banner not essential and not unique. In some cases I can see it, like Rick and Ross being so obsessed that their forms manifested similar.

Again, it's too soon to say.. I am interested in seeing how BKV's brother does. Surprised they didn't use the 10,000,000 BC "Hulk"/Starbrand given Ewing's love of continuity.
    I am also unsure what to feel about it, i think i will have to wait and read it first. But i do trust Ewing honestly, time will tell if that trust is misplaced or not.

In Ewing I trust.

I don't mind another gamma dude but I rather they be different than Hulk.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, Heroes Reborn is a little confusing. There's this preview image and I could have swore there was a bit of text insinuating Hulk was a space hero or something. Judging by the other solicits a lot of heroes are cast in villainous roles. For all we know he could be punching little alien puppies.

hulkreborn.jpg

More details here, not so much Hulk ones, but HR stuff.
    https://comicyears.com/comics/heroes-reborn-event/