Page 22 of 147 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Maybe it's the One Below All's origin story? (The Time of Monsters one-shot I mean). Especially since we sort of have Hulks before Banner already with Starbrand and Xemnu, if not specifically gamma beings.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Maybe it's the One Below All's origin story? (The Time of Monsters one-shot I mean). Especially since we sort of have Hulks before Banner already with Starbrand and Xemnu, if not specifically gamma beings.
    Oh crap, maybe? It's probably one of the first (if not thee first) time TOBA tried to enact his plans outside of subtly influencing the multiverse. Might also explain why it didn't "return" until Brian Banner started researching the 3rd form of Gamma.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    How does everyone feel about this "original Hulk" that predates Bruce Banners existence by about 10 000 years?
    The Bill Bixby TV show did it! (At least I’m pretty sure they did). I don’t have a problem with it, gamma is a natural “force” in the MU after all, so pre-Banner gamma mutants are fine. Just so long as Hulk is the first modern day gamma mutant and the most prominent of them all I don’t mind it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

How does everyone feel about this "original Hulk" that predates Bruce Banners existence by about 10 000 years?
    I trust Ewing with mythos building. It's more than likely he's just setting something up here that will be a bigger point later, either in Immortal Hulk or another series, kinda like when he set up Empyre way back in his New Avengers run in 2016?

From Joe's Instagram (no title):

BANNED

More art from Joe
    Untitled.jpg

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

There's already an "original hulk"

And he beats Bruce by a Million years!

I kid, I kid; but all of this "original" stuff coming out of Marvel is getting a bit old hat for me

Let the heroes be unique

As a primarily DC guy it’s been interesting to see Marvel go hard on the “legacy” aspect since that didn’t use to be a major part of their universe. Now all the major heroes have legacies. I must admit I did enjoy the “Hulk Family” even though I don’t think it was used to its full potential.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    There's already an "original hulk"

And he beats Bruce by a Million years!

I kid, I kid; but all of this "original" stuff coming out of Marvel is getting a bit old hat for me

Let the heroes be unique
    That's not a Hulk though, I mean we all know Jason Aaron wanted him to be the "Hulk" of the team but he is just a caveman who became Starbrand. Also Xemnu is just referred to as Hulk he's not a gamma mutate of any kind.
    This new Hulk is the first because he's an actual gamma mutate and is connected to the green door etc.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #302
    “Lady of Life – City of Death!”

Cover Date: December 1984
    Sale Date: September 11, 1984
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Gerry Talaoc
    Letterer: Ken Bruzenak
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Carl Potts

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Puffball Collective, Nalee
    Villains: Iron Knights
    Synopsis: A frustrated Hulk has had enough of the Crossroads and leaps off the trail into the dimensional void. A brief flashback of all his past selves (mainly an artistic homage to past Hulk artists like Kirby, Ditko and Trimpe) lands him back in the same spot. The Hulk appears disgusted, so the Puffball Collective morphs itself into a map for the Hulk to choose from, projecting a preview of each world he picks. The image of a green skinned girl sitting atop a bone castle and crying tears that turn into flowers intrigues him, and the Puffballs lead him to the portal. The Hulk arrives and is noticed by the girl, named Nalee, but attacked by a group of red-skinned knights. As he attempts to fend them off, the brute is shocked to discover that his great strength and durability mean nothing in this dimension. The javelin pierces his skin and a small squire is able to knock him unconscious. Nalee is able to plead for the Hulk’s life, and they haul him away to a dungeon where we get the backstory on her plight and she sobs herself to sleep in his arms. Although chained, battered, wounded and bandaged, the failsafe spell is not triggered…
    Commentary: Fat-Head alert on page 13! An interesting twist to place the Hulk in a dimension where he is definitely NOT the strongest one there is. And vulnerable to weapons as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    The Bill Bixby TV show did it! (At least I’m pretty sure they did). I don’t have a problem with it, gamma is a natural “force” in the MU after all, so pre-Banner gamma mutants are fine. Just so long as Hulk is the first modern day gamma mutant and the most prominent of them all I don’t mind it.
    That character's part of the IH run along with Mcgee, although different from the TV versions.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    That character's part of the IH run along with Mcgee, although different from the TV versions.
    The one you're thinking of is Del Frye as a proto-hulk, but the tv show also had an ancient Native american Hulk known only as the First Hunter. Looks like they decided to mine the tv show's ideas again, and with good reason. It's worked out well with Frye so far.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Looks like it’ll be more about TOBA. Every solicit gets me excited and sad. Don’t want us to get closer and closer to the end but I’m so damn excited for it, too.

From Joe's Instagram (untitled):

We've seen this one before a few weeks back (now inked).

Time for a rematch, puny Avengers.