Page 28 of 147 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalHulk View Post
    My specualtions for the remaining issues. God I don't want this series to end... it's so good.

# 45. "Hulk is at his weakest". We've seen him go back to Below-All place (Gamma Hell) again. Is he going to confront Leader? I don't think it's going to happen at this point of the story, maybe his goal is to secure Bruce and to regain his strength somehow. Gray Hulk is back? Another persona is free at last?
    # 46. Probably rematch vs UFOs. Gamma Team reunites with Hulk?
    # 47. No cover huh. Another filler/preparation issue? Maybe here we will finally hear the rest of "Hulk walks into a bar" story x) I wonder if Ewing is going to resolve the situation with Gyrich or is he going to be left as SWORD's villain?
    # 48-49. Big battle with Avengers? Hulk jumps into Red Door? Cover for issue 49 is pretty... interesting. I think relationships with Betty are finally going to be addressed.
    # 50. Double-sized grand finale. Last showdown vs One Below All.
    That too much to cover, even with with a double-sized 50th issue. Me thinks either IH gets a new artist for a few more issues or the run is getting a re-launch with Ewing still penning.
    Last edited by PlatinumThorns; 03-14-2021 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    So the question remains, who is the likely candidate for the next Hulk run? At this point i am guess Marvel already has secured who it will be, they just haven't told us, from what i know these things are usually known several years in advance, i know Donny Cates for instance spoke how he knew he was gonna write Thor a whole 3 years before Jason Aarons run ended.
    I think it's going to be one of the writers of one-shots, so Lemire/Shalvey/someone entirely different. I would say Lemire is pretty solid choice, I enjoyed his Moon Knight very much + Shalvey's issue was extra good too. I don't think it's going to be Aaron, Hickman or Cates.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    That too much to cover, even with with a double-sized 50th issue. Me thinks either IH gets a new artist for a few more issues or the run is getting a re-launch with Ewing still penning.
    I know that's too much but I don't think Bennett is going to leave the title before Ewing does. Why would he? Some things like Gyrich are probably going to be left off for other projects. It's possible to cover everything I've listed in 6 (make it 7 because of double-sized 50) issues. Someone should just ask Ewing on Twitter once more to confirm that series is ending on 50 (even if he stated before that we will know it in solicits).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalHulk View Post
    I think it's going to be one of the writers of one-shots, so Lemire/Shalvey/someone entirely different. I would say Lemire is pretty solid choice, I enjoyed his Moon Knight very much + Shalvey's issue was extra good too. I don't think it's going to be Aaron, Hickman or Cates.
    It's definitely not going to be Cates since he has too much on his plate at the moment, i hope to god it isn't Aaron otherwise i am straight up giving up on reading Hulk comics, but i am 99.999999% sure it wont be him anyway. Lemire is a decent choice, Shalvey is probably not likely, also i am probably in the minority but i wasn't the biggest fan of his one-shot he miss the voice on Hulk completely and i thought the one-shot was very contrived, so meh. Hickman also feels unlikely since he has his hands full with the X-men.

I guess we have to look at which artist is free/available to fit in another series, not sure who that is, maybe someone ends a series they are writing in the next 6 months or so.

It's definitely not going to be Cates since he has too much on his plate at the moment, i hope to god it isn't Aaron otherwise i am straight up giving up on reading Hulk comics, but i am 99.999999% sure it wont be him anyway. Lemire is a decent choice, Shalvey is probably not likely, also i am probably in the minority but i wasn't the biggest fan of his one-shot he miss the voice on Hulk completely and i thought the one-shot was very contrived, so meh. Hickman also feels unlikely since he has his hands full with the X-men.

I guess we have to look at which artist is free/available to fit in another series, not sure who that is, maybe someone ends a series they are writing in the next 6 months or so.
    How about... Lemire on story, Shalvey on art?

Considering there are 6 more issues until the end(assuming there are no more delays like we got when Covid first hit), this means that the series ends in 6 more months. At this point, maybe give it 2-3 more months but i expect Marvel would announce who the next creative team for IH is? Unless of course Al Ewing still continues to write the series maybe under a different name(very unlikely) or the Hulk is put on a hiatus for a few months/years(a few months possible, years very unlikely however).

So the question remains, who is the likely candidate for the next Hulk run? At this point i am guessing Marvel already has secured who it will be, they just haven't told us, from what i know these things are usually known several years in advance, i know Donny Cates for instance spoke how he knew he was gonna write Thor a whole 3 years before Jason Aarons run ended.
    I don’t see Lemire doing another Marvel ongoing (could be wrong), but he’s doing two Black Label books at DC plus creator owned work. I don’t see him taking on another ongoing on top of all that.

I could see Tom Taylor getting the book. Wouldn’t be my choice but he’s a big name who doesn’t have much on his plate at the moment. I’ve enjoyed his Marvel work more than his DC stuff, but he writes very “dumb” stories, so it will be a major change from Ewing.

Hopefully Marvel isn’t planning on letting Hulk lie fallow but who knows? They may want to put some distance between Ewing’s take and whatever comes next, especially since Hulk doesn’t have a movie or TV show coming.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I don’t see Lemire doing another Marvel ongoing (could be wrong), but he’s doing two Black Label books at DC plus creator owned work. I don’t see him taking on another ongoing on top of all that.

I could see Tom Taylor getting the book. Wouldn’t be my choice but he’s a big name who doesn’t have much on his plate at the moment. I’ve enjoyed his Marvel work more than his DC stuff, but he writes very “dumb” stories, so it will be a major change from Ewing.

Hopefully Marvel isn’t planning on letting Hulk lie fallow but who knows? They may want to put some distance between Ewing’s take and whatever comes next, especially since Hulk doesn’t have a movie or TV show coming.
    Double that, I dislike his DCeased and Injustice for being over the top edgy, looks like his Marvel project (Endless Night or whatever it was called, about blackout and Iron Man dying in preview) is going to be the same level of trash. But I have to admit, his Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man was pretty enjoyable... sometimes. Never finished it, but really loved sick kid and MJ issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

If Lemire is too busy then he is out of the picture.

Oh god please not Tom Taylor... His writing is horrible cringe i hate it so much. Hulks IH one-shot was so stupid. There are like only a handful of people that could get the Hulk that would force me to walk away from the book and guys like Aaron and Taylor are one of those.

I really hope he never goes near Hulk again.

Had zero interests in the one shots so chances are I will be dropping Hulk from my on-goings once IH ends.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Fantastic Member

Hey, isn't Bendis no longer an exclusive?

/runs for the hills

Si Spurrier or Kieran Gillen could be interesting choices.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Si Spurrier or Kieran Gillen could be interesting choices.
    Gillen would be... interesting. I can’t really picture what his Hulk would be like which is both good and bad. He does have very similar storytelling tastes to Ewing, but he’s always come across as a hipster to me. Just don’t know if he’d have any interest especially since he’s doing Eternals and his creator owned stuff.

Loved Spurrier’s work at DC, Hellblazer was an all time great and its criminal that it ended as a victim of Covid. I’d read his Hulk for sure.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/....co/w0zIaX1Q0u

From the pages of one of Marvel’s most critically-acclaimed titles comes a new series: GAMMA FLIGHT! Launching out of Al Ewing’s Eisner-nominated work on IMMORTAL HULK, GAMMA FLIGHT will introduce a new Marvel super team consisting of Bruce Banner’s allies, friends, and even former archenemies! Featuring artwork by Lan Medina, the new series will be co-written by Ewing and Crystal Frasier. Fraiser will make her Marvel Comics debut in June’s MARVEL'S VOICES: PRIDE #1 and previously served as a consultant on earlier issues of IMMORTAL HULK. Now she teams up with Ewing to take this fascinating, hauntingly beautiful Hulk saga to the next level.
    Yeah I think this seals the deal that issue 50 will be the end, and Ewing will carry on wrapping up any loose ends here.

Even if I like reading IH, I'm not sure if I'm particularly interested in this team without The Big Guy himself. Plus who knows how big exactly Ewing's part going to be, could be just the overall plot architect + name on the cover.

BANNED

I am actually excited for the Gamma flight, i like all the characters on it, plus Ewing has repeatedly said in the past that he will be exploring more of the gamma related stuff and expanding on it in other comics as well. So i am sure this will have a ton of gamme related lore, Hulk will probably even appear from time to time.

I do hope the series picks up and is long lasting, but at the same time i doubt that will happen, also the burden of Al writing Guardiasn and Sword and now this, not to mention that one Indie comic book series he is doing, the guy is really stretching himself hard.

Funny thing is, Ewing's been on the other side of that fence. When Jane Foster Valkyrie launched, Aaron and Ewing were co-writers. Ewing was later replaced by a new writer (I assume because of Ewing's workload when he took over Guardians of the Galaxy). Aaron had been Jane's writer when she was Thor, and it seems he was there to keep the continuity straight. Ewing did the main writing, and it was his idea to have Mr Horse with the British accent.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman