Page 29 of 147 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979129 ... LastLast

Ewing won't stretch himself thin, Defenders is replacing Hulk and he's just co-piloting on this.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Defenders, Guardians, Sword, Gamma Flight, that's no small order. Also given that the new co-writer is debuting in comics just now, i am pretty sure Ewing will still be doing the lions share of the writing.

"GAMMA FLIGHT will introduce a new Marvel super team consisting of Bruce Banner’s allies, friends, and even former archenemies!"

- This makes me wonder if the Leader will wind up joining GF...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kolwyr View Post
    "GAMMA FLIGHT will introduce a new Marvel super team consisting of Bruce Banner’s allies, friends, and even former archenemies!"

- This makes me wonder if the Leader will wind up joining GF...
    Unlikely given what he has done, i think former archenemies means people like Creel, who used to be a Hulk villain since the 1970, but maybe there are others there as well.

Fantastic Member

Oh hell yeah! So excited, love to see McGowan as part of the team too, she's one of my fave new marvel characters.

I'm guessing we could potentially see some alpha flight mystical baddies popping up in the run too

We dont have offical confrimation that Ewing is helming Defenders yet though right? I assume he will at least at minimum be co-writing it.
    Last edited by Kingkalamari; 03-15-2021 at 01:55 PM.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

For the next writer, Ram V could amazing. The issues He wrote forJustice League Dark were great, and it seems his Swamo Thing will be equally strong, if not better!

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

By the way, Donny Cates is definitely a possibilty.

Someone asked on twitter when his next Marvel series would be announced.

Cates said: I can't say just yet, but I think you'll all be very happy with what I'm doing next.

Also, 2 or 3 years ago, I asked him about writing the Hulk. He said He loves the character, and that He has a pitch that he keeps in his pocket for the right time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post

Cates said: I can't say just yet, but I think you'll all be very happy with what I'm doing next.

Also, 2 or 3 years ago, I asked him about writing the Hulk. He said He loves the character, and that He has a pitch that he keeps in his pocket for the right time.
    No i really doubt he will be writing Hulk, probably will be writing Avengers or something after Aaron.

Also i know i am getting picky at this point but i really wouldn't want to see him on the Hulk, his edgy writing isn't really a good fit for Hulk.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Theres a lot to do in just 6 issues. I wonder if 50 will be the climactic fight with maybe another 2 issues after that to tie up loose ends as best as possible.

Can’t say I’m overly excited about Gamma Flight. Wanted the whole story to be told in IH, so it depends what threads they follow.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Theres a lot to do in just 6 issues. I wonder if 50 will be the climactic fight with maybe another 2 issues after that to tie up loose ends as best as possible.

Can’t say I’m overly excited about Gamma Flight. Wanted the whole story to be told in IH, so it depends what threads they follow.
    Based on previews of Gamma Flight, it seems like the origins of the team are right now in #44 with Puck, Shaman, McGowan, and McGee meeting Del-Rick, so it will likely continue this story. I could see plots like U-Foes, Grynich, and Walter's whereabouts getting addressed there.

I imagine #50 will conclude the OBA/Leader stuff enough, with Bruce and Betty ending up in Defenders, that will follow other plot points not wrapped in Immortal Hulk, could be possible Ewing is saving Joe getting his body back or The Professor for Defenders if he doesnt utilize those in the last 6 issues, since i would assume Devil Hulk will largely be the focus for the finale.

Always been a fan of Alpha Flights characters, so I will pick up Gamma Flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/....co/w0zIaX1Q0u

Yeah I think this seals the deal that issue 50 will be the end, and Ewing will carry on wrapping up any loose ends here.
    Kind of surprised this is coming at the tail-end of this run. Not that I mind it, but I hope the writers are prepared for a 6-12 issue series for as much story as they plan to tell.

McGowan looks surprisingly sinister on that cover.

What will be the final fate of Sasquatch?

"a horribly changed Rick Jones" - Hasn't Rick gone through enough?

I don't know how many times I've seen a premise for a book and team that starts with them being wanted by the law or by the authorities. I guess it's a dynamic enough hook that makes your protagonists underdogs and on the run for more danger and excitement.

I keep forgetting. Is Doc Sasquatch really Samson with Walter's beast form (?), or Walter who was somehow given Leonard's gamma energy?

what is charlene holding?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post

If Cates doesn’t do something idiotic like tying Knull to gamma or OBA I’d maybe give him a shot. Really don’t want to stop reading Hulk again, I’d have to really hate the writer or artist to leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I keep forgetting. Is Doc Sasquatch really Samson with Walter's beast form (?), or Walter who was somehow given Leonard's gamma energy?

what is charlene holding?
    It’s Doc in Walter’s body iirc.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member Venom Melendez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Ewing won't stretch himself thin, Defenders is replacing Hulk and he's just co-piloting on this.
    Nowhere has it been said that Defenders is replacing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of surprised this is coming at the tail-end of this run. Not that I mind it, but I hope the writers are prepared for a 6-12 issue series for as much story as they plan to tell.
    It's a miniseries. So i would assume they are prepared.
    Last edited by Venom Melendez; 03-16-2021 at 12:02 AM.