Page 3 of 147 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Looks like Leader bit off more than he could chew yet again. Hah glad to see there’s a little snark left in Bruce even after all that’s happened. Wonder what Jackie’s gamma trigger is, and was her power just being able to “see” the flow of gamma? Looks like the road to OAA vs. OBA starts soon.

It’s mostly a setup issue so no real big shocking moments to discuss.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Looks like Leader bit off more than he could chew yet again. Hah glad to see there’s a little snark left in Bruce even after all that’s happened. Wonder what Jackie’s gamma trigger is, and was her power just being able to “see” the flow of gamma? Looks like the road to OAA vs. OBA starts soon.

It’s mostly a setup issue so no real big shocking moments to discuss.
    Jackie was a nice monkey wrench, thrown in there. The Leader didn't plan for dat.

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    Jackie was a nice monkey wrench, thrown in there. The Leader didn't plan for dat.
    what's going on with Jackie? she has powers now?

Incredible Member

Her power appears to be "Gamma Sight". Figures they'd be conservative with a black woman (i.e. instead of her turning monstrous or hulkish)

Ultimate Member

Did Maestro Pax come out yesterday? I thought that was due out, but I've not seen anyone discussing it

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #295
    “Turning Point!”

Cover Date: May 1984
    Sale Date: February 7th, 1984
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Danny Bulanadi
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Carl Potts

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Kate Waynesboro
    Villains: Max Hammer, Boomerang
    Synopsis: A wounded and extremely temperamental Hulk walks through the dimensional gateway from Battleworld. He leans heavily on a metallic crutch and a brace is wrapped around his knee. He swats away a bystander in annoyance and gruffly leaps back into NYC. Brief recaps of the Secret Wars conflict and the previous issue fills in the gap as he lands near a payphone. He’s able to dial information and get the address to Hammer’s penthouse. Cut to Kate and Boomerang in the suite, the villain casually smoking a cigarette and waiting for the call to let her go. The Hulk comes crashing thru the window and Kate notices right away that something is very wrong with Banner. He leaps at Boomerang again and collides against him mid-air, sending them crashing to the ground. Boomerang tries to escape but is viciously hit in the back and knocked unconscious. The police and Kate arrive and prevent any more violence, as Banner struggles to respond. A while later, Banner and Kate arrive at Northwind and are shocked to find an enormous line of people outside, apparently waiting for a cure to whatever illness/handicap they have. This infuriates Banner, and his already frayed emotions are tested as he’s berated for appearing to cut in line. He loses control and transforms into the Hulk, angrily scattering them away. Kate manages to reign in his rage and they head inside to find Hammer operating the gamma equipment. Their argument is interrupted by Mr. Douglas, holding the body of his dead dog, Sirius. He explains that there were deadly side affects from the cure, and that their gamma powered dog nearly killed the family in a violent rage after the sun had gone down. This creates a panic and the stress causes Hammer to transform into a Hulk-like creature.
    Commentary: The name change on the old mobster between last issue and this one was never explained, so just like “Bob Banner” has been explained away as “Robert Bruce Banner”, Max “Hammer” Stryker is born. Really wished Talaoc inked this issue, Bulanadi is not a good fit over Sal’s artwork. Also a nice callback to sunset being a trigger for the transformation on Sirius.

i loved the upper corner panel as Banners grip on sanity was slowly eroding and it showed with the losing of his lab clothes. I miss corner panels,

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jsg2295 View Post
    i loved the upper corner panel as Banners grip on sanity was slowly eroding and it showed with the losing of his lab clothes. I miss corner panels,
    The use of the corner panels from I think 292 through to 300 is probably the best use of them that Marvel *or* DC have ever done, IMO.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    The use of the corner panels from I think 292 through to 300 is probably the best use of them that Marvel *or* DC have ever done, IMO.
    Was going to save it for my #300 review, but what the hey....

BANNED

I think War and Pax comes out next week.

Wears our souls, like masks on a stage.
    Are our souls masks, that TOBA wears?
    Or does TOBA wear ours souls, like masks wear our souls?

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    I think that the TOBA needs a focus. It spans all of reality, and requires a host to focus its power.

All of its direction or implied actions have thus far been very minor. On the scale of sheer power, little has been displayed. Its just that it knows the exact right buttons to push and when (like the bar fight that killed Walter)

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think that the TOBA needs a focus. It spans all of reality, and requires a host to focus its power.

All of its direction or implied actions have thus far been very minor. On the scale of sheer power, little has been displayed. Its just that it knows the exact right buttons to push and when (like the bar fight that killed Walter)
    Oh totally.

Part of what makes TOBA stand out is the creepy subtleness of it.

Hey guys, wondering if any hulk fans could help:

I bought a single issue Hulk one shot when I was a kid (likely between 2007 and 2010) that had a story about Hulk/Bruce in somewhere like the Arctic. I think he met a bunch of Arctic scientists in parkas. From what I can remember, it was almost like a homage to Carpenter's The Thing!

Can anybody PLEASE point me in the right direction as to what comic or was??