Page 33 of 147 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I have a different opinion about horror and body horror,
    it's exciting to see for sure, and the creativity is astonishing.
    But if you just do body horror for body horror's sake,
    there is a threshold when your reader just won't find it exciting enough,
    then you will have to do something more extreme.
    That's when things can get tricky.

For me, going back to horror root is good, but maybe just for this run.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    I have a different opinion about horror and body horror,
    it's exciting to see for sure, and the creativity is astonishing.
    But if you just do body horror for body horror's sake,
    there is a threshold when your reader just won't find it exciting enough,
    then you will have to do something more extreme.
    That's when things can get tricky.

For me, going back to horror root is good, but maybe just for this run.

I would vote for different kinds of horror. Body horror has been masterfully done in Immortal Hulk. The next team could stay away from that and still explore many other types of horror. TIH 222, 261, 272, 308, 335 & 368 are some “Non-Immortal” Hulk horror stories I think that were done really well. Bruce Jones’ run may have collapsed in the end but it was a success for awhile. It shows how hard it is to eff up horror angled Hulk. Vs great to good comic writers failing badly doing standard super-hero ish Hulk stories. Specially in the past decade.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

More incredible art from Time of Monsters by Juan Ferreyra:

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    The big fight between Hulk and the Avengers could be the one foreshadowed in Issue#33
    Attachment 107549
    That's something I think it could happen. Specially when I remember Ewing's post:

Well, it took evil Banner to think of it. What would non-evil Banner do with that? Well, as someone smarter than me once said, that sounds like a story. And stories go in the comics, not in the tweets.

https://twitter.com/Al_Ewing/status/...023033346?s=20

I think we may have a very different Banner after what his horrible destiny in the Bellow Place with the Leader.

FCBD 2021 MARVEL GOLD AVENGERS HULK #1 (NET)
    MARVEL COMICS (BUY - SELL)
    APR210008

(W) Donny Cates (A) Ryan Stegman
    Free Comic Book Day is the perfect chance to dive deep into the Marvel Universe with new stories and exciting adventures alongside some of Marvel's most acclaimed creators - and this year, Marvel is bringing you the biggest and boldest stories yet!
    Starring the Avengers and the Hulk!
    Exclusive Original Material
    Rating: Teen

So...now it changed to Avengers/Hulk.

Lately I was thinking the next creative team could be Paknadel, with his pitch being related to somethind that would happen after Time of Monsters.

However, after this, I think we won't escape from Cates...I'll hope for the best. :/

https://freecomicbookday.com/Catalog/APR210008

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    FCBD 2021 MARVEL GOLD AVENGERS HULK #1 (NET)
    MARVEL COMICS (BUY - SELL)
    APR210008

(W) Donny Cates (A) Ryan Stegman
    Free Comic Book Day is the perfect chance to dive deep into the Marvel Universe with new stories and exciting adventures alongside some of Marvel's most acclaimed creators - and this year, Marvel is bringing you the biggest and boldest stories yet!
    Starring the Avengers and the Hulk!
    Exclusive Original Material
    Rating: Teen

So...now it changed to Avengers/Hulk.

Lately I was thinking the next creative team could be Paknadel, with his pitch being related to somethind that would happen after Time of Monsters.

However, after this, I think we won't escape from Cates...I'll hope for the best. :/

https://freecomicbookday.com/Catalog/APR210008
    Is this supposed to be another free book along side Hulk/Venom?

Fantastic Member

Decided to finally spring for Marvel Unlimited. Largely due to physical storage restrictions. I am finally going to give Immortal Hulk a crack.

I am peripherally aware of Hulk's recent history, but are there any pre-Immortal runs that would be considered essential reading?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    Decided to finally spring for Marvel Unlimited. Largely due to physical storage restrictions. I am finally going to give Immortal Hulk a crack.

I am peripherally aware of Hulk's recent history, but are there any pre-Immortal runs that would be considered essential reading?
    You don't have to read anything prior to this, as Ewing himself said nothing is essential to it, he created IH specifically as a self contained book where all the information you need are inside it. With that said, you should check Avengers No Surrender for instance(starting from 684) since that's where Immortal Hulk first appeared. It's not essential but it's a entertaining read and it sets the tone for what kind of Hulk this Devil personality really is.
    Last edited by Intothevoid; 03-24-2021 at 01:56 PM.

BANNED

Also knew it that Cates would be the new writer, obviously this doesn't confirm it 100% but with him finishing up Venom he has a big opening for a new series and what else than Immortal Hulk to fill that gap.

I am not happy about this, probably will say my goodbye's with Hulk comics after this, was an amazing last few years though, unforgettable.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    You don't have to read anything prior to this, as Ewing himself said nothing is essential to it, he created IH specifically as a self contained book where all the information you need are inside it. With that said, you should check Avengers No Surrender for instance(starting from 694) since that's where Immortal Hulk first appeared. It's not essential but it's a entertaining read and it sets the tone for what kind of Hulk this Devil personality really is.
    Awesome. I'll start there and see how I get on with it. Cheers!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Is this supposed to be another free book along side Hulk/Venom?
    There was no Hulk/Venom book, Hulk was suppose to be it's own book and so was Venom, but now we know that it's not just gonna be a Hulk book it's gonna be an Avengers/Hulk book.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Also knew it that Cates would be the new writer, obviously this doesn't confirm it 100% but with him finishing up Venom he has a big opening for a new series and what else than Immortal Hulk to fill that gap.

I am not happy about this, probably will say my goodbye's with Hulk comics after this, was an amazing last few years though, unforgettable.
    Give Cates at least an arc I say. He’s not my first choice at all either and if he tries to tie anything to Knull I’m out unless it is Alan Moore tier, but sometimes writer surprise you. I never thought James Tynion would be anything other than Scott Snyder’s sidekick, and now the dude is one of my all time favorite writers, and I consider him far better than Snyder.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Give Cates at least an arc I say. He’s not my first choice at all either and if he tries to tie anything to Knull I’m out unless it is Alan Moore tier, but sometimes writer surprise you. I never thought James Tynion would be anything other than Scott Snyder’s sidekick, and now the dude is one of my all time favorite writers, and I consider him far better than Snyder.
    Yeah, I don't like it either but I'll at least give him a 'small' chance. I mentioned it a few pages back that at least people who like powerlevels/action scenes will be pleased lol

BANNED

I dunno honestly, i did like his Surfer Black stuff, but that was really short, i can't see him doing anything great with a long term Hulk series.

Btw i LOVE power levels/action scenes which is one of the main reasons i HATE Cates stuff, I am pretty into debating stuff over at comicvine and trust me no one actually likes Cates for the power levels, his power levels are completely inconsistent and it gives you anyeurism trying to figure them out, his Thanos run to this day remains one of the most inconsistent things in terms of power levels i have EVER seen. So apart from my fear of him not understanding Hulk as a character I fear he is gonna screw up the power levels so much it's only going to be frustrating trying to read it. I already hate what he has been doing with Thor, i mean his fight where Throgg was actually beating up Blake for a while who had powers of

- Thor
    - BRB
    - Red Norvell
    - Jormungandr
    - Loki (?)
    - Heimdall
    - Strange's Yggdrasil amp

Literally made me just quit everything and go outside for a walk lol, i needed to clear my head.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post

Avengers 675 is first part to Avengers No Surrender. 16 part story. 679 first hint of Hulk’s return. 682 his full reveal. 684 pretty key info for Immortal Hulk’s upcoming run.