Page 4 of 147 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jack The Tripper View Post
    Hey guys, wondering if any hulk fans could help:

I bought a single issue Hulk one shot when I was a kid (likely between 2007 and 2010) that had a story about Hulk/Bruce in somewhere like the Arctic. I think he met a bunch of Arctic scientists in parkas. From what I can remember, it was almost like a homage to Carpenter's The Thing!

Can anybody PLEASE point me in the right direction as to what comic or was??

‘Hulk vs Fin Fang Foom’ one-shot.

Quote Originally Posted by FrazettaHulk View Post
    ‘Hulk vs Fin Fang Foom’ one-shot.
    Wow such a quick response! Thanks so much man.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

April 2021 Solicitation

IMMORTAL HULK #45

AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS
    homage variant by JOE BENNETT
    REBORN VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    • The Hulk is at his lowest point.
    • His strength is gone. His friends cannot reach him. Gamma itself has turned against him. What hope is there now?
    • What hope is left... for THE WEAKEST THERE IS?

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Makes me wonder if this will surpass #50. Looks like there’s a lot to do in 5 issues after this one for a suitable “final fight”

Really hope 45 is the end of this depowered arc, it's kinda starting to drag.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Makes me wonder if this will surpass #50. Looks like there’s a lot to do in 5 issues after this one for a suitable “final fight”
    It almost certainly will, the real question is how much more will it go beyond that? My guess is it wont get past 55 though.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Really hope 45 is the end of this depowered arc, it's kinda starting to drag.
    Man I couldn't disagree more, I'm loving this sort of twist on the powering stuff. TBF, I wanted them to do more with the sort of "rage in a powerless body" sort of concept waaay back in Hulk 425 and onwards tho.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    Man I couldn't disagree more, I'm loving this sort of twist on the powering stuff. TBF, I wanted them to do more with the sort of "rage in a powerless body" sort of concept waaay back in Hulk 425 and onwards tho.
    Yea i too enjoy Hulk being a whimpering, punching bag.

Like him being depowered was honestly cool back in the Hell arc because yea he was weaker but he looked creepy and was still acting badass and was still acting like the Hulk even if he wasn't at Hulk power level, but now he gets into a fight and starts crying because it's Savage Hulk and he can't do anything... it's legit depressing to watch.

Astonishing Member

The inclusion of the Pantheon in the new Maestro comic is weird.

If they cared about the world enough to try and stop the Hulk, why did they let the world get destroyed in the first place?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post

Like him being depowered was honestly cool back in the Hell arc because yea he was weaker but he looked creepy and was still acting badass and was still acting like the Hulk even if he wasn't at Hulk power level, but now he gets into a fight and starts crying because it's Savage Hulk and he can't do anything... it's legit depressing to watch.
    I think the whole point, is to make us long for it to end. For the release, when Banner or Fixit or Jackie turns the tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post

That's the whole point. The Hulk suffers because he has to, it's a blatant plotline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by xcoijoi View Post
    I think the whole point, is to make us long for it to end. For the release, when Banner or Fixit or Jackie turns the tables.
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    That's the whole point. The Hulk suffers because he has to, it's a blatant plotline.
    Yes and it's time for that plotline to end, because it's honestly turning me numb to see the same thing over and over again.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    The inclusion of the Pantheon in the new Maestro comic is weird.

If they cared about the world enough to try and stop the Hulk, why did they let the world get destroyed in the first place?
    I doubt it was their choice to let the world fall, and they seem to have outside motivation to stop Banner.

I'm kinda surprised, though. I'd have thought that they were gonna target him pro-actively because he knew of their bases

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Suffering is one thing, Hulk always suffers. Powerless suffering though, isn't really something I like to see in my escapist fiction

Powerless people suffering is something reality has a surplus of.

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    Suffering is one thing, Hulk always suffers. Powerless suffering though, isn't really something I like to see in my escapist fiction

Powerless people suffering is something reality has a surplus of.
    That's understandable, but don't expect for it to letup until at least June/July lol.