Page 40 of 147 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Oh damnit that Hulk at the end is supposed to be grey, isn’t he? The coloring looked green on my copy lol.
    Looks green to me, it's probably both Joe and the Savage Hulk.

Oh damnit that Hulk at the end is supposed to be grey, isn’t he? The coloring looked green on my copy lol.
    I seriously can't tell.

Incredible Member

It's a very desaturated green, but the colouring can get wonky at times on this title. I was genuinely confused as to whether Joe was meant to be grey at the end of #44 (when he & Savage woke up Below) or whether it was just lighting. (Judging from this issue, it was just... overenthusiastic... lighting)

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Looks green to me, it's probably both Joe and the Savage Hulk.
    Yeah my initial takeaway was “Joe is piloting Savage’s cosmic-empowered body” the same way Devil previously did. But enough people referred to to him as being grey that it made me wonder if my issue simply had a coloring error.

So Devil had a hunch about Joe and “left room” for him, per that line of Banner dialogue. Is Ewing addressing why Joe is a different color from other Banner-Hulks? Guessing it’s also why Joe could only manifest in Bruce’s body once Devil took control.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

The more i look at it the more i think it's meant to be a combination of both? So it looks more like dark green, it definitely is not the same as how regular green Hulk has been colored in the comic so far.

Lmao can’t wait to see Samson and Walter meet. Guessing the hunt for Walter will take place in the Gamma Flight mini.
    Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    The more i look at it the more i think it's meant to be a combination of both? So it looks more like dark green, it definitely is not the same as how regular green Hulk has been colored in the comic so far.
    Makes sense for me.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

I believe the "we" is just a reference to the collective minds that occupy Banner, and how the U-Foes were just mocking and complaining about Hulk the entire time they fought him.

"Sunshine Joe" is the reverse of the way Joe Fixit previously was, being able to walk out in the sunlight instead of it harming him. The sunlight kinda has light cosmic rays at all times, and Joe preemptively becoming the counter to Hulk's weakness makes perfect sense, esp with X-Ray using a power deliberately made to kill Hulk.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

So I re-read the issue and yeah, I pretty sure this explains it:

Devil (presumably, and not actually dead) told Bruce that he had a hunch about Joe and purposely "left room" within him, which is why Joe is able to exist outside the mindscape albeit unable to "Hulk-out". I guess Devil figured that Joe could theoretically absorb cosmic rays, as a sorta last resort. X-Ray/U-Foes unknowingly saturated Joe's corpse with Kirbons/Cosmic Rays which filled the empty space within him, causing a Red Hulk transformation; Joe then smashed the "red door" and fused with the skinny Hulk, producing a Gravage-esque red Hulk amalgamation.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Holy **** that was awesome! Every time Ewing slows it down I get worried that he’s lost his energy and then every time he ramps it all the way back up to 11! Samson and Walter being in each other’s bodies is hilarious, love how Walter grew green sideburns in Samson’s body. Joe has finally got his strength back, he makes a cool Red Hulk. With Betty returning I wonder if her being a “red” as well is going to play a role. Did she get infused with cosmic rays along with gamma? Damn poor Banner, I admire how he’s still retained his mind even despite the absolute hell he’s been put through, and Devil is still in there somewhere! Leaves me hopeful that Worldbreaker Hulk is still alive within Bruce’s psyche also.

Given that the “Hulk” at the end is green I think it’s Joe’s mind in Savage’s body just like how it was with Devil. Except now they’re infused with cosmic rays! Guessing he’s going to beat the ever loving hell out of the U-Foes and Gynrich and that’s when the Avengers will get involved again.
    Well, Red She-Hulk, much like Ross Red Hulk were created by a mix of cosmic and gamma radiation, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Ewing delivers! Again!
    That was totally awesome.
    The ending was not expected.
    Ewing is the man. Definitely on another level.

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    That's what I'm thinking, a Grey/Green color (with some red, obviously) indicating a kind of merger. Joe might be more in control, much like Devil was, but we don't know the new dynamic between Joe and the Big Guy (who took over when Devil lost control). We might have some surprises here.

This is an amazing feeling when you wake up and there's a fresh issue of IH.
    It was INCREDIBLE. Everything I could hope for and even more.

1) New Joe's form looks very cool. Cosmic/Red Hulk? Yes sir. I was correct about him getting his Hulk back (me and other people from this topic lol) and kinda was right about him absorbing cosmic rays (even if I haven't known about Devil's involvement). UFOs are gonna be sent back at the pit they crawled from. If you ask me, the color looks KINDA gray-ish but I will say for sure when the issue is actually arrives to me.
    2) Glad to hear Devil is still "kinda" alive. Hope he's going to be the one confronting Leader/OBA.
    3) Guess Jacky's gonna play big role in future events, can't say I'm that hugely invested in her story. Funny to see her being scared about "Hulking-Out", haven't you asked for it yourself back in Hell? Be careful what you wish for, never know if Universe decides to grant your wish in some twisted way.
    4) Samson is a psychiatrist with anger issues, now turned into green fluffy bear! Walter, now finally gotten rid off his hairy form, runs wild- and doesn't miss a chance to flex his muscular body! How these two are gonna work out their issues? Tune in next Sunday: body-swap comedy like you never seen before! "Green, gamma and hairy".
    5) Leader in his new form is terrifying, like some chtonic God.
    6) Main cover is already OOP and skyrocketed in price. Don't you just hate when you aren't pre-ordering issue, waiting to buy it in-stock, and then it just is OOS and sells for few dozen bucks on Ebay? I am alreading seeing these titles "Cosmic Gray Hulk 1st appereance" or smth like that. Great stuff. Man I hate living outside UK/US.
    Last edited by Dinosaur Hulk; 04-07-2021 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheImmortalHulk View Post
    This is an amazing feeling when you wake up and there's a fresh issue of IH.
    It was INCREDIBLE. Everything I could hope for and even more.

1) New Joe's form looks very cool. Cosmic/Red Hulk? Yes sir. I was correct about him getting his Hulk back (me and other people from this topic lol) and kinda was right about him absorbing cosmic rays (even if I haven't known about Devil's involvement). UFOs are gonna be sent back at the pit they crawled from. If you ask me, the color looks KINDA gray-ish but I will say for sure when the issue is actually arrives to me.
    2) Glad to hear Devil is still "kinda" alive. Hope he's going to be the one confronting Leader/OBA.
    3) Guess Jacky's gonna play big role in future events, can't say I'm that hugely invested in her story. Funny to see her being scared about "Hulking-Out", haven't you asked for it yourself back in Hell? Be careful what you wish for, never know if Universe decides to grant your wish in some twisted way.
    4) Samson is a psychiatrist with anger issues, now turned into green fluffy bear! Walter, now finally gotten rid off his hairy form, runs wild- and doesn't miss a chance to flex his muscular body! How these two are gonna work out their issues? Tune in next Sunday: body-swap comedy like you never seen before! "Green, gamma and hairy".
    5) Leader in his new form is terrifying, like some chtonic God.
    6) Main cover is already OOP and skyrocketed in price. Don't you just hate when you aren't pre-ordering issue, waiting to buy it in-stock, and then it just is OOS and sells for few dozen bucks on Ebay? I am alreading seeing these titles "Cosmic Gray Hulk 1st appereance" or smth like that. Great stuff. Man I hate living outside UK/US.
    fascinating. I hope that this dynamic continues, with Joe getting revenge on a wide range of villains, just for spite.

Fantastic Member

Ask me how many times have I yelled "F*** YEAH" at the end of an issue, and I'll ask you how many issues has this run has had so far.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Fantastic Member

I hope Thing or FF is in trouble at some point, needs some extra muscle/brains, and Joe returns the favor.

Another great issue by Ewing. The best thing Marvel is putting out right now. Can’t wait to see how it all ends. Going to miss Ewing on this. Can’t wait for the Defenders. This one had it all Red Hulk, Grey/Green Hulk. I agree the last page it’s hard to tell. Damn only five more issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Damn only five more issues.
    Easier to cope with this is the fact that the last one is going to be extra thicc. To me it's more like 8 or 9 issues left)