Page 47 of 147 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I always liked Hulk's children. Lyra is an interesting character and I would like for her to return and have some interaction with her father. As I stated in my previous post, Hiro and Skaar are both long overdue to return; and Skaar should get a shot at a solo series.
    Hiro-Kala, particularly, has a lot of untapped potential to be explored.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #324
    “The More Things Change…”

Cover Date: October 1986
    Sale Date: July 8th, 1986
    Writer: Al Milgrom
    Artist: Al Milgrom
    Inker: Dennis Janke
    Letterer: Rick Parker
    Colorist: George Roussos
    Editor: Bob Harras

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Doc Samson, Rick Jones, Betty Banner, Thunderbolt Ross, Clay Quartermain
    Antagonists: SHIELD.
    Synopsis: A battered-but-healing Doc Samson, Rick Jones and Betty Banner are observing an unconscious and heavily restrained Bruce Banner, who has been re-merged with the Hulk with the Vision’s help. It’s only a temporary stop-gap, as it’s imperative that Banner gets stabilized via the Nutrient Bath to reverse the entire separation process, and hopefully submerge the Hulk’s personality. He transforms, but remains unconscious. Cut to Clay Quartermain and “Thunderbolt” Ross in another part of Gamma Base, with the former general going under a series of electrical stress tests. Ross is eager to get revenge on the Hulk, but Quartermain reminds him that everything that was promised him earlier has changed now that they’ve been re-merged. Cut back to Samson and company, who have headed over to the Nutrient Bath and begun the irradiation process of the chemical mix. They arrive back at Banner’s station to find out that he’s reverted back and forth several times. The Hulk begins to wake up and wonders why he’s been chained. As with last issue, the Hulk is very sinister and intelligent, speaking in complete sentences mixed with less 3rd person talk. The transformations become more frequent, as the two are vying for dominance. The Hulk ends up taking control and breaking free. Before he can leap away, he is shocked to find Banner’s form pressing through his chest. The others are shocked and horrified, and Rick is reminded of the events from Hulk #6, where everything but Banner’s face had changed. Banner is pleading for somebody to kill him, but nobody reacts and the Hulk flees. From here, it’s a cat and mouse game of Banner trying to kill himself, the Hulk protecting him and SHIELD agents trying to herd the brute into the Nutrient Bath after Samson explains that the Hulk’s molecular structure is even more unstable than ever. Meanwhile, Ross makes his escape and arrives to the fracas in time to hear that there’s only a limited amount of time left before the chemical bath is rendered useless to the stabilization process. He climbs the catwalk, but is seen by Rick. The two struggle but Rick’s bullet wound is still bothering him and Ross tosses him over the edge and into the Nutrient Bath at the same time as the Hulk. This causes a cloudy reaction to the solution and it shatters into pieces as a now-smaller, gray Hulk breaks free. A baffled Samson questions what happened to the Hulk’s color and additional mass, and the brute quickly reverts back to Banner, with everyone believing that this is the last they have seen of the monster.
    Commentary: I look back on this with a lot of nostalgia and frustration. At 10 ½ years old, I didn’t know or care about creative teams, I was just getting into full time collecting and all I wanted was my favorite character to be talking like the `82 Hulk cartoon and be back in torn purple pants. The pants were back, but the Hulk wasn’t talking like I thought he should and now he’s gray. I was completely lost, excited and hooked. Looking at it 30+ years later, I would love to know what, if any, notes Al Milgrom had from Byrne or if he was just winging it. I was still a year out from being taken to an actual comic book store, so I had no idea what the cover to issue #1 looked like. When I did, one of the stores had a battered and sun-faded copy of #1 in the display case under the cash register for $425. I looked at it for over a decade and only had the cash in hand for it 2x (and man was it tempting to buy it instead of college books) before someone finally got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Hiro-Kala, particularly, has a lot of untapped potential to be explored.
    Definitely. I also really liked his descent into villainy. Hiro makes for a great Hulk foe and can even be a threat to the MU at large.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Definitely. I also really liked his descent into villainy. Hiro makes for a great Hulk foe and can even be a threat to the MU at large.
    His journey during Realm of Kings was maybe the most interesting part of it, imo.

BANNED

But the Old Power is never properly explained,
    maybe with Sakaar sort of restored by the Time Gem, we can get more into that.

Yeah, the whole artificial form of the Power Cosmic created by the Shadow Priests could be better explored.

I would love for the Old Power to be explored/explained in more depth. I always found it to be a very interesting power, especially when combined with Gamma energies as in the case with Skaar. I would also like a proper return to Sakaar, with Hulk himself returning to the planet. If Sakaar has returned, it would be interesting if Caiera returned as well. All of this business in the current IH comic with TOBA and the Green Doors, and poor Skaar doesn't even get a mention
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Seeing the complaints about Marvel leaving off the titles in the softcover IH omnibuses they’re putting out, I hope they don’t make the same mistake for when they do HC omnibuses. So many of Ewing’s issues build up to the big title drop at the end like “It’s Joe” that I don’t know how you could possibly leave them off.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I would love for the Old Power to be explored/explained in more depth. I always found it to be a very interesting power, especially when combined with Gamma energies as in the case with Skaar. I would also like a proper return to Sakaar, with Hulk himself returning to the planet. If Sakaar has returned, it would be interesting if Caiera returned as well. All of this business in the current IH comic with TOBA and the Green Doors, and poor Skaar doesn't even get a mention
    Maybe we can get something in the 80pg #50. At least about Skaar and how would be his connection to the GD. Ewing loves continuity so much.

Given that Doc Green's cure seems to have worn off with the Rosses, maybe Skaar will become a Hulk again?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Given that Doc Green's cure seems to have worn off with the Rosses, maybe Skaar will become a Hulk again?
    Indeed, the GD and the Below Place don't seem to care if you lost his gamma or not.

Introducing the Original Hulk

"IMMORTAL HULK is the gold standard for monthly comics, and has been from its first issue. As a huge fan, I could not have been more thrilled to be invited back to Marvel by Al Ewing, Sarah Brunstad, and Wil Moss to expand the rich mythology of gamma and the green door,” Paknadel says. “Gamma mutates are the dark mirror of civilization, so it makes sense that they have been with humanity since our hunter-gatherer ancestors built the first stone age settlements. Get ready to journey back with us to meet the original Hulk!"

"I've worked with Alex Paknadel to make sure this fits with IMMORTAL HULK, but it's his story at heart—and it's maybe the most ambitious look at the Hulk I've seen yet,” Ewing promises. “I don't think readers will be disappointed."

Plus, IMMORTAL HULK: TIME OF MONSTERS will pack a second story that sees Bruce Banner facing a challenge unlike any he’s seen before. Writer David Vaughn makes his Marvel Comics debut alongside legendary artist Kevin Nowlan in this chilling tale that pits Hulk against one of Marvel’s most terrifying Super Villains.

“This is a lifelong dream come true. I’m so grateful to Marvel and the IMMORTAL HULK team for this opportunity to contribute a little bit of terror to their timeless monster tale,” Vaughn says. “It’s an unbelievable honor to work with the legendary Kevin Nowlan! I can’t wait for readers to see what horrors we have in store for the Hulk.”

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...-preview-pages

Greg Pak and Peter David Describe How to Build the Perfect Hulk

Marvel’s Declassified is a nonfiction narrative podcast that focuses on the rich, dynamic, and evolving history of Marvel Comics as told through a contemporary lens!

The Hulk’s creation in 1962 was partly a result of the Cold War. His origin story is not only a metaphor for the fear and tension that permeated society during that time, but also a literal depiction of the capability of nuclear power. On this episode, your hosts Lorraine Cink and Evan Narcisse trace the evolution of the Hulk through the eyes of his creators, and look at how subsequent comic book runs have added pieces to the puzzle—from carefree Professor Hulk to seedy Gray Hulk to WORLD WAR HULK. And with the help of a psychologist, they dive into the psychology of the Hulk and Bruce Banner, and what they can tell us about anger.

Joined by guests Greg Pak, Peter David, and Dr. Robin S. Rosenberg, Lorraine and Evan uncover it all on the latest Marvel’s Declassified!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/podc...k-declassified