Page 6 of 147 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so which Hulk walks up to a pub for a beer? I'm surprised there wasn't a priest, minister and rabbi next to him...
    Possibly either Devil or Joe. Doesn't seem like something the savage would do. *Although* it could be the Professor in the Savage's body somehow-the first thing he ever did was go to a bar after "merging". Or the Green scar without the Leader's control.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member

Has Ewing ever talked about Horsemen Hulk? I wonder where he falls into, just Savage Hulk being aided by Apocalypse's tech?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Has Ewing ever talked about Horsemen Hulk? I wonder where he falls into, just Savage Hulk being aided by Apocalypse's tech?
    I doubt he considers that a separate alter, probably a Doc Green situation where it’s just Savage modified by outside forces.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Try asking him on Twitter.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I doubt he considers that a separate alter, probably a Doc Green situation where it’s just Savage modified by outside forces.
    Exactly. He was artificial creation.

BANNED

This shouldn't even be a point of contention, War Hulk was literally just Savage/Gravage Hulk at the time amped by Celestial tech, it's not a new personality and he was extremely short lived, he isn't even an afterthought on Ewings mind right now.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Try asking him on Twitter.
    I'm not in the twitterverse sadly, and prefer writing letters to editorial instead of badgering their personal accounts at that. Seems like it's a general consensus here though that it's just Savage Hulk modified, so case closed!

I think War Hulk was in the later PAD era. I think PAD's intention with that Hulk persona is that it was still technically the Merged Hulk, but missing the Banner component that was stuck in Heroes Reborn (although he turned into a long-haired Savage Hulk there). Although when Banner returned they just returned to the old transformations pretty much instead of becoming merged again. (although Jenkins later stated the Hulk who confronted the Abomination in Casey's short post-PAD run was the Professor).

This was before of course before the retcon in Jenkin's run that made Merged the "Professor", a personality independent of Savage, Grey, and Banner created in part by Doc Samson.

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

Incredible Hulk #296
    “To Kill or Cure!”

Cover Date: June 1984
    Sale Date: March 13th, 1984
    Writer: Bill Mantlo
    Artist: Sal Buscema
    Inker: Gerry Talaoc
    Letterer: Joe Rosen
    Colorist: Bob Sharen
    Editor: Carl Potts

Guest Stars/Supporting Cast: Rom, Kate Waynesboro
    Antagonist: The Hammer Hulk
    Synopsis: Rom the Spaceknight is led to believe that the energy readings emanating from Northwind Observatory is created by the Dire Wraiths or a man-made accident. Inside, the Hulk watches in horror as the Hammer has transformed into an aged Hulk-like creature. All around, the recently cured begin collapsing and dying. The Hammer Hulk attacks Banner, who is reluctant to defend himself after his recent bouts of anger after returning from Battleworld. Fed up with the beatings, Banner tosses the crutch aside and attempts to subdue the gamma mobster. It works against him, as Hammer strikes at the Hulk’s wounded leg…and Bruce Banner succumbs to the pain and anger that has been boiling up inside him for the last few weeks and the Incredible Hulk is reborn. He violently sends the Hammer Hulk careening thru the Observatory ceiling and across the countryside, vowing that he smash Hammer “to death!” Rom arrives and after hearing Kate’s pleas, cures everyone with his Energy-Analyzer of their gamma-induced sickness. This gives Kate hope that he can do the same for Bruce, but all it does it cure Hammer of his Hulkness. After several more attempts with the Analyzer, Banner is able to wrest control momentarily. He quickly loses it and attacks Rom, pummeling him in a rage until Kate attempts to calm him down and is struck in anger. This realization brings Banner back and he leaps away in horror at what he’s done…
    Commentary: Now THIS is the issue I remember being the first comic I ever owned. Don’t know how many copies I had after ripping the cover, losing the 2nd copy, etc, but I do remember coloring the Hulk’s legs with a purple crayon on every copy I had back then. Fat-Head alert on the splash of the Savage Hulk returning after a two year absence.

Last edited by McFarlane's Green Hulk; 01-27-2021 at 02:42 PM.

From Joe Bennet's Instagram:

joebennettcomics:
    HULK SMASH PUNY AVENGERS

I bought volume 8 of Immortal Hulk yesterday.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Good to know that all the early reactions to IH: Flatline are very positive so far, from what I've seen.

Preview for the new issue is up. Nice continuity reference to Joe's old Vegas boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Good to know that all the early reactions to IH: Flatline are very positive so far, from what I've seen.
    Comes out next week right? Art is going to be gorgeous, looking forward to it.

Anybody else think Joe's current look is pretty much GTA V/Walking Dead/Snowpiercer etc. actor Steven Ogg?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Ogg