Page 62 of 147 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/immortal-hulk-ti...ddess-preview/

Preview for Immortal Hulk: Time of Monsters.
    It looks incredible.

[QUOTE=McFarlane's Green Hulk;5536703]Might as well knock this one out as well...

Incredible Hulk #335
    “The Evil That Men Do!”

Cover Date: September 1987
    Sale Date: June 9th, 1987
    Writer: Peter David
    Artist: John Ridgeway
    Letterer: Rick Parker
    Colorist: Petra Scotese
    Editor: Bob Harras

Villain: The Stalker
    Synopsis: Bruce Banner and the Hulk come across a ghostly killer/stalker who possesses the local outcast in a small town at night.
    Commentary: Was and still not a fan of this issue. I cannot get into a random one-off story and the art…to put it mildly…not my cup of tea. Pin this to my avoidance list with issues #230 and 286.

has Peter David spoken about this issue at all? What he was aiming for? Or just something to meet the deadline? Freddy Krueger was a big deal back then, and slasher-horror in general

Mighty Member McFarlane's Green Hulk's Avatar

has Peter David spoken about this issue at all? What he was aiming for? Or just something to meet the deadline? Freddy Krueger was a big deal back then, and slasher-horror in general[/QUOTE]

I've never read anything about what he was going for, it feels an awful lot like a fill-in. I checked Mike's Amazing World of Comics and did a McFarlane search.
    He was pulling some double, even triple-duty work on various titles. Daredevil, Infinity Inc., G.I. Joe and Detective Comics were all released between Hulk #330-334. So I'm guessing he needed a break to catch up on some deadlines to finish the Batman story, as Detective Comics #577 and 578 came out as this issue was released.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by McFarlane's Green Hulk View Post
    has Peter David spoken about this issue at all? What he was aiming for? Or just something to meet the deadline? Freddy Krueger was a big deal back then, and slasher-horror in general
    I've never read anything about what he was going for, it feels an awful lot like a fill-in. I checked Mike's Amazing World of Comics and did a McFarlane search.
    He was pulling some double, even triple-duty work on various titles. Daredevil, Infinity Inc., G.I. Joe and Detective Comics were all released between Hulk #330-334. So I'm guessing he needed a break to catch up on some deadlines to finish the Batman story, as Detective Comics #577 and 578 came out as this issue was released.[/QUOTE]

He probably wasn’t aiming for anything, because he had only planned to stay on the book for 6, maybe 12 issues at the most in the beginning. He wasn’t sure that he could come up with more story ideas, but obviously he did. Still, it’s clear in these early issues that he’s still finding his “ groove” with Hulk, essentially establishing Gray personality from the ground up and having to clean up the left over plots from the previous run.

From Joe Bennett's Instagram...

Also...

And another...

Fantastic Member

Just to be clear, those are from Immortal Hulk 29/30.

BANNED

Yea those look great, but they are from previous issues. It looks like maybe Bennett wont be posting any new stuff to avoid spoiling things too much, especially now that he is at the end and is probably either still finishing issue 49 or has already started on issue 50.

TOBA Hulk commisison by Brian Level for my friend FrazettaHulk

Hulk vs. Thor Rematch Settles Who's the Strongest Avenger

https://screenrant.com/hulk-thor-str...fight-rematch/

Nice little article.

https://twitter.com/hulk/status/1394...704901635?s=21

Confirms issue 50 is the final issue. Going to miss this series.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

This year will see the climactic end to one of the most critically acclaimed runs in recent history: Al Ewing and Joe Bennett’s IMMORTAL HULK. Closing out this thought-provoking, character redefining epic with IMMORTAL HULK #50, Ewing and Bennett will bid farewell to Bruce Banner, the Green Door, and all the unforgettable elements they’ve cemented into the Hulk mythos. But there are plenty of surprises still in store and fans will want to pick up IMMORTAL HULK #49 where the build-up to the explosive final issue begins with a bang!
    "It's finally time to admit it—IMMORTAL HULK is reaching the end of the story we set out to tell,” Ewing said. “Issue #49 brings jade-jaws to the gates of the abyss and a final accounting of his life—in time for a last issue you'll have to experience to believe."

The gate is a thing of divine power—a thing of forever. But even for the strongest one there is, it bears the warning: ABANDON HOPE, ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE.

BANNED

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...e-announcement

"It's finally time to admit it—IMMORTAL HULK is reaching the end of the story we set out to tell,” Ewing said. “Issue #49 brings jade-jaws to the gates of the abyss and a final accounting of his life—in time for a last issue you'll have to experience to believe."

The gate is a thing of divine power—a thing of forever. But even for the strongest one there is, it bears the warning: ABANDON HOPE, ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE.

I was about to post those. LOL.

Simply epic.