Page 64 of 147 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Because Al Ewing himself said TOBA is one the most powerful beings in Marvel, basically everything that restricts him so far is plot.

Also Jim Starlin isnt at Marvel anymore and given the kind of falling out he and Marvel had, we are unlikely to see him back ever again.
    Yup, the very opposite of TOAA his Hulk). The thing is, as Ewing stated, beings like them do not act " directly" with our world. You don't see TOAA simply ending every single villain and/or giving the heroes an instant win against any threat.

If both would'be like that, there wouldn't be much fun. Also, Mephisto himself, who's VERY powerful, stated, while in his own dimension, tha TOBA was far more powerful than him.

So cool!

Comics-wise merged/professor Hulk battled Thanos briefly in Infinity Gauntlet, but I think he largely was forced to sit out most of the conflict and deal with the Abomination instead.

There's also the 2012 Avengers Assemble series (Which I think was mainly made to cash in on the movie and was sort of ambigiously canon?)
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 05-18-2021 at 08:29 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    So cool!

I think Bennett, McGuiness, and McFarlane draw the “scariest” Hulks.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I think Bennett, McGuiness, and McFarlane draw the “scariest” Hulks.

Good choices, even though Sal's Mindless Hulk was quite scary too, imo.

Because Al Ewing himself said TOBA is one the most powerful beings in Marvel, basically everything that restricts him so far is plot.
    Source? Because as he is presented in comics, it's pretty clear that he is inherently weak "I have all the power you give me" is his operative statement, to even interact with the external world he needs a proxy.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    Source? Because as he is presented in comics, it's pretty clear that he is inherently weak "I have all the power you give me" is his operative statement, to even interact with the external world he needs a proxy.

Al Ewing works with metaphors. Despite powerlevels, if a being is superior concept then they win. Like cosmic rock-paper-scissors.

And even literally, TOBA is a threat to the entire Multiverse as show in IH #25. TOBA only needs hosts to act as puppet personalities which also aid it in escaping the Below-Place, there's no context beyond that atm. But considering God (or an aspect of TOAA) is apapearing in #50 there'll probably be more concrete answers there
    Last edited by PlatinumThorns; 05-18-2021 at 03:31 PM.

The End Is Near

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post

I am not saying TOBA doesn't need someone to act through, this is all been kinda wonky, but at the end of the day it was clear that TOBA as an entity is meant to be more powerful than almost any other except for TOAA.

EBnFjlbXkAEuGid.jpg
    Untitled.jpg

BANNED

Btw Zack Snyders favorite Marvel character is Hulk.

It's kinda a shame that Hulk is a favorite among so many people in the movie industry but never got the proper treatment he receives. I have given up on MCU but i still hope that in 5-10 years or so MCU actually does something with the Hulk.

It's kinda a shame that Hulk is a favorite among so many people in the movie industry but never got the proper treatment he receives. I have given up on MCU but i still hope that in 5-10 years or so MCU actually does something with the Hulk.
    so what would a Hulk movie by Mr. Snyder look like?

I am not saying TOBA doesn't need someone to act through, this is all been kinda wonky, but at the end of the day it was clear that TOBA as an entity is meant to be more powerful than almost any other except for TOAA.

EBnFjlbXkAEuGid.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    those are exactly the posts I wanted to find!

Nice to heart that, and maybe Marvel does something interesting with such a rich character one day. But keep Snyder away. LOL.

Immortal Hulk Time of Monsters is one pretty book. al ewing is really firing on all cylinders.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

No real surprise Snyder's favorite character is Hulk when he basically made Superman into a Hulk ripoff,
    just look at how Supes lose control all the time in the Justice League film.
    But honestly Hulk should get more action scenes, Hulk barely did anything in Endgame except using the Gauntlet and lifting the building.

Mighty Member

Time of monsters was epic. Tammuz need to be the new archenemy of the Hulk.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !