Page 65 of 147 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115 ... LastLast
    Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Loved everything about Time of Monsters. Paknadel could write a hulk ongoing.

Time of Monsters was such a nice read from the first to the last page. Really liked First Hulk's design.

I guess Scarecrow wasn't up to date with current comics lmao otherwise he would have known it's a bad idea- to kill Bruce Banner (especially at night).

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Pretty decent read Time of Monsters was, not much relevance to the main run though. Some questions still linger:

-Is TOBA implied to be the "Mother Goddess" that sent the meteor to Earth?
    -If so, does this officially make TOBA's first-contact with Humans? (ignoring the previous incarnations of the muliverse)
    -Tammuz must be a significant figure besides just being the "first Hulk". He seems to be much more willing to work with TOBA to destroy the world, so what happened to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Intothevoid View Post
    Btw Zack Snyders favorite Marvel character is Hulk.

It's kinda a shame that Hulk is a favorite among so many people in the movie industry but never got the proper treatment he receives. I have given up on MCU but i still hope that in 5-10 years or so MCU actually does something with the Hulk.
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT’S F****** PERFECT LMAOOOOOOO. I finally have something in common with Zack Snyder. Real talk, I have long believed that Snyder would be perfect for Hulk. Everything that made him a bad fit for Superman, the destruction, the reluctant heroism, the focus on the horror of superheroes, portraying Supes as a potential liability and threat to the human race, his only real connection to humanity being his LI, his parents being selfish dicks, all of that is perfect for Hulk. Snyder would do an amazing job with him I’m sure so this amuses me greatly.

Also as happy as I am to have a new Superman cartoon, I really wish we could get something animated for Hulk. Haven’t read Time of Monsters yet but I can’t wait to. Really nervous about the post Ewing era, outside of the comics there hasn’t been a lot of Hulk content I’ve loved. I want a Hulk cartoon that isn’t crap, an animated movie, a video game, SOMETHING with my favorite Marvel hero.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Pretty decent read Time of Monsters was, not much relevance to the main run though. Some questions still linger:

-If so, does this officially make TOBA's first-contact with Humans? (ignoring the previous incarnations of the muliverse)
    -Tammuz must be a significant figure besides just being the "first Hulk". He seems to be much more willing to work with TOBA to destroy the world, so what happened to him?
    I looked at it as a Biblical allegory. The Devil cast out of Heaven, etc. The first panel had an "as above so below" feel for me.

But yeah, the meteor came from the heavens and myth turned it into a Mother Goddess/TOAA watching over them thing.

I don't know if it's relevant but there's this:
    http://www.kabbalahmadeeasy.com/tammaz

(the whole part about mercy and justice, which reminded me of all that talk back in the day)

But yeah, what happened to Tammuz? I know the H birthmark is supposed to remind you of Hulk but also point out the creature and Tammuz are the same. We have Starbrands, Iron Fists, etc. Could this be a new thing?

FUN ECHOES / OBSERVATIONS
    - Ross analogue chews meat which looks like a cigar in one panel
    - Hulk analogue starts thinking about environmentalism echoing the Roxxon storyline
    - Cheap easy throwaways - milksop, break worlds
    - Civil War II echo - death by arrow to the eye
    - Dissection ala Dr Clive TIH #7, same body control
    - Never stop making them pay
    - The mother was dead .. Rebecca?
    - I got my hopes up thinking there was an outside chance Madman returned

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT’S F****** PERFECT LMAOOOOOOO. I finally have something in common with Zack Snyder. Real talk, I have long believed that Snyder would be perfect for Hulk. Everything that made him a bad fit for Superman, the destruction, the reluctant heroism, the focus on the horror of superheroes, portraying Supes as a potential liability and threat to the human race, his only real connection to humanity being his LI, his parents being selfish dicks, all of that is perfect for Hulk. Snyder would do an amazing job with him I’m sure so this amuses me greatly.

Also as happy as I am to have a new Superman cartoon, I really wish we could get something animated for Hulk. Haven’t read Time of Monsters yet but I can’t wait to. Really nervous about the post Ewing era, outside of the comics there hasn’t been a lot of Hulk content I’ve loved. I want a Hulk cartoon that isn’t crap, an animated movie, a video game, SOMETHING with my favorite Marvel hero.
    Snyder shouwldn't be allowed to get close to any superhero property. Specially my favorite character ever!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post

I assumed most of the "mother goddess" stuff is the native's religious interpretation of the gamma meteor. Seemed implied that this tribe was very culty and rather than integrate with others in more prosperous areas, they opted to stay in the desolate area and worship the gamma meteor.

Us as the readers know what it actually is, it's just a gamma irradiated meteor that serves as a gateway to TOBA, and yeah I'd deffo say its first contact with humanity.

I dont think we would get a cliffhanger about Tammuz if he wasnt going to show up later. I could imagine Gamma Flight or elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Snyder shouwldn't be allowed to get close to any superhero property. Specially my favorite character ever!
    You don’t think he’d do a good job? His characterization sucks but if you’re hungry for “feats”, Snyder would 100% give you that. You wouldn’t get Hulk jobbing or being anything less than the most powerful guy in the room. I don’t know, with the right script I think he’d do a good job. It’s all moot anyway though.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You don’t think he’d do a good job? His characterization sucks but if you’re hungry for “feats”, Snyder would 100% give you that. You wouldn’t get Hulk jobbing or being anything less than the most powerful guy in the room. I don’t know, with the right script I think he’d do a good job. It’s all moot anyway though.
    Feats are cool and all. But I can't stand his directing, not to mention the infinite slow motion scenes. LOL.

Couldn't help myself, here's a quick rough sketch of The First/Prehistoric Hulk.

Prehistoric Hulk.jpg

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Couldn't help myself, here's a quick rough sketch of The First/Prehistoric Hulk.

Prehistoric Hulk.jpg
    Very cool! Such a sinister character, the horns definitely help

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Very cool! Such a sinister character, the horns definitely help
    True! Hope we will see more of him in the future. I don't think he was introduced just for the one-shot.

Prehistoric Hulk.jpg
    You're incredibly talented!

True! Hope we will see more of him in the future. I don't think he was introduced just for the one-shot.
    Yeah, I think He'll be part of the Hulk mythos.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-20-2021 at 07:08 AM.

IMMORTAL HULK #49

AL EWING (W) • JOE BENNETT (A) • Cover by ALEX ROSS

Homage Variant Cover by JOE BENNETT

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE

• This is the gate into the city of suffering. To the hurt that never ends. This gate is for the lost.

• The gate is a thing of divine power – a thing of forever. But even for the strongest one there is, it bears the warning:

• ABANDON HOPE, ALL YE WHO ENTER HERE.

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

INCREDIBLE HULK EPIC COLLECTION: CRISIS ON COUNTER-EARTH TPB

Volume #6 in the Incredible Hulk Epic Collections

Written by STEVE ENGLEHART, ROY THOMAS & GERRY CONWAY with ARCHIE GOODWIN, STEVE GERBER, CHRIS CLAREMONT & TONY ISABELLA

Penciled by HERB TRIMPE

Cover by HERB TRIMPE

Hulk takes a trip to Counter-Earth, where he confronts his most-hated enemy: Bruce Banner! Add in the Rhino and the Abomination, and the action and drama can’t be contained! Then, the Hulk heads north to Canada — where the X-Men’s Mimic returns, and the Wendigo makes its debut! And the drama continues when Betty Ross is mutated into the Harpy! Next, the green goliath sets out on a path of revenge against a murderer’s row of earth-shaking enemies — including Juggernaut, Cobalt Man and a second encounter with Rhino and Abomination! Finally, the Hulk lands in Attilan, where the Inhumans are forced to launch him into outer space to prevent the destruction of their home. But where the Hulk lands will surprise him — and a cosmic saga alongside the messianic Adam Warlock awaits! Collecting INCREDIBLE HULK (1968) #157-178.

472 PGS./Rated T …$39.99

ISBN: 978-1-302-92916-9

Trim size: 6-5/8 x 10-3/16