Page 66 of 147 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast

Enjoyed Time of Monsters! Wonder what relevance it will have to Ewing’s Hulk if any. Feels late to introduce another Hulk into the story at this point, but maybe he’ll play a role in Gamma Flight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    Couldn't help myself, here's a quick rough sketch of The First/Prehistoric Hulk.

Attachment 109701
    Great job!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Loved everything about Time of Monsters. Paknadel could write a hulk ongoing.
    The first half is probably his audition to be the next writer.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    The first half is probably his audition to be the next writer.
    This is a strong possibility.

Joe Bennett confirmed this art is from Immortal hulk #48

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Hulk View Post
    Joe Bennett confirmed this art is from Immortal hulk #48

Looks like another F4 reference ....it's going to be interesting how Ewing and Bennett resolve the TOAA/red Door/Cosmic energy vs the TOBA/green door/gamma energy now that our Gravage Hulk possesses both....if he faces TOBA with the red/cosmic energy, what happens?

BANNED

Time of Monsters was pretty great, but i dunno of Paknadel writing one short one-shot is enough to convince me he can write a solid Hulk on-going. I did thing the first half of his story dragged a bit too long and then while i liked lots of references he had to other things i was baffled when he had the Ur-Hulk be killed by primitive arrows lol. I don't harp too much on power levels, but you don't expect a Hulk being to die to something that would have trouble bringing down a bear...

I think writers are getting carried away because of all the gore and blood in Immortal Hulk that they just let Hulks be pierced by anything since it don't matter they will come back or heal from it, but that's not how the character was throughout his history.

Yeah the FF thing probably relates to the cosmic rays. I wouldn't be surprised if there's somehow a General Ross/Rulk appearance in the last few issues, given he's also a cosmic/gamma Hulk and Joe is at least partially a Red Hulk now too.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Yeah the FF thing probably relates to the cosmic rays. I wouldn't be surprised if there's somehow a General Ross/Rulk appearance in the last few issues, given he's also a cosmic/gamma Hulk and Joe is at least partially a Red Hulk now too.
    Ah yes totally forgot about Ross....Ewing even alluded to the matter of red hulks in the Leader backstory issue.

If this ending is going to be anywhere was good as the Ultimates story, were in for quite the ride in these last few issues

It's pretty much confirmed Betty/Red Harpy is moving over to Ewing's Defenders (Not her first time on the team BTW), but it'll only be about five issues.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Fantastic Member

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/ne...uez-defenders/

Interesting. I wonder if the others teased will join later.

Also wonder what "Marvel's oldest villian" means, is that a first publication villian in Marvel's history? Or literally the oldest villian in the 616? I wouldn't know either off the top of my head.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Enjoyed time of monsters but don’t see what it adds to the overall story. Can’t imagine it being collected alongside the main story unless it actually made a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Enjoyed time of monsters but don’t see what it adds to the overall story. Can’t imagine it being collected alongside the main story unless it actually made a difference.
    I’d say nothing that Ewing didn’t write is necessary, but I could easily see all the tie-ins being collected in trade as standalone stories
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

I don't think it was ever the case. It's a very good story that show the Green Door has been opened once a long time ago.

"Time and Monsters" reminded me of the Metatron appearance during the Hell arc. Ewing once described the battle between the TOBA and TOAA as every story ever told. So I could see Metratron and TOBA just choosing one of the brothers as a champion. Shalim's father even reminded me of Brian.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-23-2021 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’d say nothing that Ewing didn’t write is necessary, but I could easily see all the tie-ins being collected in trade as standalone stories
    They're doing just that, sans Time of Monsters. Wouldn't be surprised to see it added in a resolicit either.